Chapter Two

Hunter or Hunted?

 

Ok Taecyeon, the MIA model, was strolling about on the streets, after just having been dumped by his girlfriend, who had claimed he was all too flighty for her. Honestly? He was relieved. He’d been getting tired of her, anyway, so he was glad that she had made the cut, instead of letting him be the bad guy. He breathed in the fresh air deeply, stretching. Time for him to move on to another girl.

He gave a start as his phone vibrated, playing his sms tone, Dreaming (the Yoon Baekhee version J) He hurriedly picked up, “Hey Khun. How’s it going?”

“They accepted having me as your replacement for the photoshoot. But seriously, how can you just skip like that? Don’t you think that’s way too irrespons-”

Taecyeon interrupted hurriedly, “Thanks a lot, buddy, I owe you one. But I gotta go, see ya!” He hung up quickly, turning off his phone.

All of a sudden, a girl crashed forcefully into him, throwing him back and causing him to land on his bum. He looked up, blinking, startled.

A pretty, short-haired girl stood before him, looking shocked at having knocked him down. She held out her hand, hurriedly pulling Taecyeon up with surprising strength before running away at full speed, shouting after her, “Sorry! I’m so sorry, but I’m late for something and I’ve got to hurry!”

Taecyeon blinked, perplexed. He stared after the girl for a moment, then laughed. What a dorky girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyomin jumped as the phone began to ring. Tiredly, she reached over and picked it up, asking in an annoyed tone, “Hello? Who is this?”

She listened for a moment. Then her eyes widened in shock as the person on the other line hung up. The phone fell onto the ground with a loud thud, and she sat there, frozen, stunned. Then she dived for the phone, dialing in the numbers in a frenzy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyeon was startled as her phone began to vibrate. She hurriedly grabbed it and picked up, frowning as she asked herself, “Why did Hyomin-unnie sms me?”

She opened the sms. It was short, but not very sweet:

‘Creed sent pple, cme home now!’

Jiyeon leapt to her feet. She hurried to her teacher, murmuring, “I’ve got an emergency at home, I need to go home at once.”

The teacher looked unimpressed. He folded his arms and eyed his student, “What emergency is so urgent that it requires you to skip school?”

Jiyeon hesitated for a moment, glancing briefly at her handphone. Quickly improvising, she showed the teacher Hyomin’s sms, “My father sent people to my mum’s house to get us back. They had a rift, and we…she asked me to come back at once…” her voice trailed off, and she gave the teacher her best pleading expression.

The teacher obviously didn’t know that Jiyeon was an orphan. He looked slightly worried, and quickly told her, “You’d better hurry, then.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later, all the T-ara members were sitting in the living room in a circle, waiting for Hyomin to finish her phonecall.

A few minutes later, Hyomin hung up. She joined the other girls, and Qri immediately began to complain, “Why did you call all of us back all of a sudden? I had a photoshoot!”

Eunjung joined in too, “Yeah, I’d only just reached school too, you know!”

Hyomin looked impatient as she replied, “I’m sure you all saw the contents of my message. I think that’s a lot more important than any of your other jobs.”

There was silence.

“The Creed are after us. And not just anyone else, it’s their best. The Warriors. They’ve been ordered to identify us and take us down.” Hyomin continued.

Soyeon looked up and asked, “Does that mean they don’t know who we are yet?”

Hyomin shook her head, “I don’t think so…but I think they have hints, as to who we are. They may already have been planted around us.” She looked up at her groupmates. Hesitantly, Jiyeon said, “Two new students just joined my class today…Do you think…?” She looked at the others questioningly.

“Could be a coincidence.” Boram suggested.

“Could be. But they could also be the Creed.” Hyomin mused, “No matter, just keep an eye on them. If they do turn out to be Warriors…then kill them.”

Jiyeon gave a nod.

Hyomin breathed in deeply, “All right. That’s settled, then. We’ll just have to keep an eye out for anyone new, and if we find the Creed, we kill them. And we have to be extra careful when we’re doing missions, now that we know the Creed are after us. No more mistakes, no clues, nothing. We can let no one track us, understood?”

The T-ara members answered in the affirmative. There was a long pause as they glanced at each other, Then Qri rose, “Well, if there’s nothing else, I’m going ahead first.”

Hyomin nodded, “All right. Dismissed. You guys get back to whatever you were doing.”

Jiyeon waited for all the others to leave the room before shifting herself to sit next to Hyomin, “Unnie, I need to talk to Kwon. It’s urgent.”

Hyomin raised an eye, “What about?”

Jiyeon hesitated. Hyomin pursed her lips, “Don’t want to tell me, eh?” She turned back to her computer, “Very well. I’ll arrange a meeting with him in two days’ time. Is that okay?”

Jiyeon nodded, smiling, “Thanks a lot, unnie!” She gave Hyomin a peck on her cheek and hurried out of the house, calling, “I’ll make it up to you!”

------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter up! If there are any problems, like I'm moving too slowly, please do tell me! On a side note, please check out the Foreward if you haven't seen it yet; I've added in a list of the members of Masquerade and Creed, to give a hint as to the characters who will appear in the story. 

Remember, comment and subscribe!