Sweet Venom

The Mini Hybe Theft
Please log in to read the full chapter

The door was unlocked, so Sunoo was able to open the door with ease. He and Jiheon entered.

"Well, look who decided to show up. I was starting to wonder when you were going to show up. To be honest, when you said you were going to investigate the theft of the CEO, I thought you were joking," Jake said; his voice sounded a little strained like he was upset with his lack of absence.

"I will admit I'm a bit shocked," Heeseung says. "It has become much harder to practice things like choreography without you. Have you decided to come back?" As Heeseung says this, he realizes Jiheon is standing beside him. "Who is she?"

"I think that's Jiehon from fromis_9," Sunghoon told Heeseung.

"You'd be right about that, and right now, you can consider her my partner in crime. And no, I haven't come back to practice with you. Give me three more days or something. As you are aware, the CEO's lunch was stolen, and I've noticed that I forgot to investigate where some of you were during the beginning hours of the day. Mainly you three, Jungwon, Jay, and Niki. I know where the rest of you were."

"Oh, come on, you know I wouldn't ever take something like the CEO's lunch. Besides, when I went into the fridge for breakfast, it looked to be some rice bowl; I'm not a rice kind of guy," Niki said, thinking this would get him off the hook.

"I don't think that means the suspicion upon you is going to be dropped," Jiheon told Niki.

"Okay, well, I was technically somewhere at the beginning of the day. Now, to save me from embarrassment, I'd rather not s..."

"He locked himself in the dorm's bathroom," Jay told Sunoo and Jiheon, interrupting Niki. "I should know he called me to help him get out."

"Uuh, what, Niki," Sunoo said exasperatedly, not believing what he had just heard.

"That does seem to be a predicament. On another note, I'm curious as we ever got a time as to when the CEO's lunch was taken," Jiheon asked the members.

"I don't think so," Niki revealed. "I remember checking the fridge at 7:00 am for breakfast, and then by around 11:00, it wasn't there." Niki then glanced over at Jay. "Why did you have to tell them I was locked in the basement?"

Jake watched the commotion and started to laugh. "What do you think this questioning is going to get you? It seems pointless. Also, I really think you should focus on improving with us as a group rather than continuing with this investigation."

There was a sweet, venomous reaction from Jake that Sunoo could feel.

"Look, I get your concern, but whether it looks like it or not, I've actually made some progress. So many revelations that I would tell you, but it doesn't really matter to you."

Jake looked at Sunoo and kind of gave a cocky smirk, "I guess," he said, clearly being the most agitated of the bunch.

"Please continue on as to what time you saved Niki from the dorm's bathroom," Jiheon asked Jay.

"Ah, about that, I'd say it was around 8:00! He went to the bathroom around 6:30," Jay told Jiheon.

"8:00! You're telling me Niki was locked in the bathroom for one hour and twenty minutes before he decided to call for he...."

"Yeah, the other embarrassing part about this situation," Niki interrupted for a quick second. "The internet and cellular data went down right as I locked myself in the bathroom. My luck. He got me at 8:00, and we headed right to the practice room you were in. We didn't stop anywhere. Plus, if we did take the food, where would we have hidden it?" Niki said smugly.

"It does seem like there wouldn't be any time. Now Jungwon, where were you,"

Please log in to read the full chapter