A Fierce Flaming Investigation

The Mini Hybe Theft
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunoo and Jiheon quickly integrated themselves into the group, sitting down at the tables like they were. They were chowing down on ramen and bread.

"I guess they are trying to make up for the lunch they missed," Jiheon told Sunoo.

He agreed.

Sunoo wanted to make this investigation as quick as possible, so he ended up speaking with aplomb kind of.

"Hello, everybody. Could I have your attention?" Sunoo said this but wasn't looking anywhere in particular.

"Oh, hello! I wasn't expecting anyone to be here today," Harua said, realizing Jiheon and Sunoo were sitting with them.

"Yeah, I wonder who they are. I mean, they just seem like other idols whom I should assume should be at practice", Jo said

"Well, we can't wait, just ask, Maki told s. Hey guys, who are you? We're members of &team."

"I'm Jiheon from fromis_9, and this is my partner in crime, Sunoo. He's from Enhypen. We're here because we were told that two days ago, you were in the practice room next to the one that got set in flames that day. We were wondering if you noticed anything strange that day," Jiheon said to get straight to the point.

"Ah, she gets quick to the point and is fairly good at stating things," Yuma noted.

"True! I don't want to bore you, as I'm sure you've probably heard this many times already, but two days ago was a pretty normal day for us," Fuma told them.

"He is right about that," EJ said, swallowing a bunch of Roman noodles at once.

"Really? You didn't see anything out of the ordinary?" Sunoo asked the group.

"Out of the ordinary. I can't necessarily say it's out of the ordinary, but I did see some men move into the room next to it with a bunch of pieces in their hands. It seems they built a riser. When the men left the practice room they were building in, I went and took a look at what they were making," Taki said.

"He did do that. I was with him," Nicholas said right after.

"The men you know were strong. Looked like regular handymen," K revealed.

"They're all telling the truth. However, the men's clothing wasn't of Hybe maintenance workers. Nor did their clothing really show the company they work for," Harua revealed.

"True, you think Hybe wouldn't hire random people to build what I assume were mock risers for BoyNextDoor, but I could be wrong," Jo pointed out.

"I see. Nicholas and Taki. You said you went inside to see what the men built right. Did you notice the material by any chance?" Sunoo wanted confirmation.

"Oh, now that you mention it, I actually did. It was like titanium, no, maybe cobalt-like metal somehow infused with wood. I messed around with the risers and actually broke just a tiny piece of it off, but other than doing that, it looked and felt sturdy to perform on," Taki told the group.

"I can vouch for him," Nicholas replied.

"Taki actually gave me the metal piece. Here, you can have it if you want it." EJ handed over the metal to Sunoo.

"Yeah, maybe you can get info about that metal because I've never seen it before," Maki said.

You guys have never seen it either," Jiheon pointed out, knowing that BoyNextDoor said the exact same thing.

"Maki said he hadn't, and I haven't either. Perhaps it is some sort of foreign material," Yuma stated.

"As to how the burning happened, it is super hot in the building. Perhaps the combination of metal and wood caused the heat in the practice room to burn up the risers," Fuma told Jiehon and Sunoo.

"Hmm, that really seems unlikely for some reason," Jiheon said to the group to signal to Sunoo that something could be up.

"I see. Well, we now have a decent piece of the material that burned up. I know a friend with a laptop in this building who will probably be happy to help us look into the material," Sunoo revealed.

"Oh really, who?" Jiheon said to Sunoo.

"Oh, you'll see in a second," Sunoo replied back to Jiheon.

"I know your interaction with us was quick, but I do hope we were helpful," Nicholas told Jiheon and Sunoo.

"Yeah, to be honest, while you were talking to us, we finished eating our lunch. Now it is time we should actually head into the recording studio to record songs for our albums before we get caught," K revealed.

"Mmh. I love the songs we're recording

Please log in to read the full chapter