Company for Sure

The Mini Hybe Theft
Please log in to read the full chapter

COUNTDOWN: LAST DAY OF INVESTIGATIONS SINCE SUNOO TOLD ENHYPEN IT WOULD TAKE HIM THREE DAYS TO SOLVE ALL CASES.

It was the next day. This is the day everything should be resolved. It was early in the morning. It was 8:00 a.m. Sunoo and Jiheon were given an exact time by email to meet with the CEO. Sunoo and Jiheon met up at the dining area on floor 1, where the investigation started. With them was Niki.

"Oh, I'm so excited to reveal all we learned to the CEO," Niki stated.

"I'm thoroughly excited, too," Jiheon said, her smile bigger than Sunoo had ever seen it.

"Well, I'm kind of nervous. So perhaps we should start heading up to the CEO's office," Sunoo said timidly.

They walked into the elevator and pressed to go to the CEO's lobby. When they got to the floor, they were greeted by a receptionist. Sunoo and Jiheon introduced themselves and said Niki needed to say something to the CEO. She agreed to them them pass. When she opened some big doors, they entered and were greeted by the CEO himself.

The CEO's room was quite small. There was a rug on the floor and a desk lying partway on it. The CEO was sitting in a spinny chair on the ground, a backdrop of a large window, looking at the massive city of Seoul behind him.

"Welcome, you two. Oh, and who is this? You seem to have brought a third person with you. Ah, no worries," the CEO, Park Jiwon, said to the three. You're probably wondering why I asked you here. Well, this K-pop group over here, he pointed at a female group. They are called ILLIT, and they are about to debut. I just want you to give them a tour of the Hybe building. You seem trustworthy."

"Hello, we're super excited to tour the building!" It was Minju.

"Same. The building looks so huge and scary to navigate," Yunah revealed.

"We'd be happy to do that for you, sir," Jiheon told the CEO.

"More than welcome. However, before we do, sir, we have something we'd like to show you," Sunoo said nervously, shaking. Niki could see this.

"Oh, really. Please do tell me," Jiwon looked semi-concerned.

Sunoo tried to speak, but he became paralyzed and afraid. Apparently, speaking to the CEO for him was terrifying.

"Well, you see, there was a fire that occurred in what is now three days ago in a second-story practice room. We are led to believe this occurred because there was a mock stage built out of illegal material in the said practice room. The material in question is Woodox metal. It is not resistant to fire in the slightest. In fact, it burns quickly due to the combination of wood and fire. We have a piece right here." This was Niki talking, and he took out a piece of metal from his pocket.

"We have reason to believe that when buying from your usual material handler, you were accidentally swindled as your hander's website could've been potentially hacked. The person who sells this illegal material sells his materials by hacking websites, so they change passwords and make the actual handlers lose access. He also hacks their emails as a means of communicating with buyers who have now turned victims." Niki took a deep breath from talking very fast.

"The person buys material from the handler at the same price they would typically, but instead of receiving the material asked, they are given a highly flammable one. We don't know, but we assume this happened to you. With this piece of metal and the links and photos I've sent you, you should contact your materials handler to see if they have been hacked. If so, you accidentally bought these illegal materials. You should then send the documents attached to the email to the authorities so they can investigate further. As should the material handlers themselves." Niki said all of this with such suave confidence.

"Oh my god, that was so inspiring to watch," Jiheon said, her eyes widening up.

"No kidding, maybe he should've been the detective this entire time," Sunoo said himself, amazed at what his friend had just done.

"Alright, I'll do that and let you know what I'm told. In the meantime, you should take ILLIT on their tour," the CEO told the three.

"We'd be delighted, as we said. Alright, guys, let's go." Jiehon told the members, and they followed suit.

The ILLIT members, along with Jiheon, Niki, and Sunoo, headed to the sixth floor of the Hybe building.

"I heard the sixth floors below are where the idols spend most of their time. The other floors are office spaces for business things. Is that true?" Iroha said curiously.

"You are correct," Sunoo told her.

Please log in to read the full chapter