A Helpful Misunderstanding

The Mini Hybe Theft
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Sunoo continued to walk in the Hybe building, he became relieved that the scenery was becoming slightly different. Instead of just walking along skinny corridors with many doors on both sides of him, he was in what appeared to be a lobby area. He could see a ginormous glass window directly in front of him, and inside dancing were NewJeans. He couldn't make out what they were dancing to, but in the most respectable way he thought possible, he barged into the room after seeing them finish dancing, or at least he tried. The door was actually locked, so Sunoo sort of fidgeted with the door for minutes and then politely, or so he thought, banged the door leading into the room.

Danielle heard the commotion and opened it like they were expecting someone.

"Niki, you're a little early for our collab; what brings you here so early," Danielle said, her cherry personality shining immediately.

Sunoo was confused by this sudden exclamation. He thought to himself, was Niki supposed to be there? Sunoo thought about whether or not he should tell the truth or not. I mean, clearly, he wasn't Niki. His group was taking a break, which was about to be over. With this in mind, Sunoo realized he would be absent for the second half of choreography practice, and he thought the investigation was more important. There was not too much easy access into the room to investigate the members, so he did what any sane person would do.

"Of course, I'm Niki. Why would someone else try to enter your room at this time of day? It's not exactly courteous to randomly barge in somewhere announced." Sunoo smiled, thinking his deceitful act went well. "As for me being here earlier, well, while coming here, I learned of some tragic news, which I assume you've just heard. The CEO's lunch has been stolen, and I want to find out who did it. You don't happen to have any leads, do you?"

"I see. Well, personally, I was busy today. I actually had a doctor's appointment, just a simple checkup, so I wasn't here for half the day," Danielle said with her strong Australian accent.

"That is the truth. And the door she probably came in is nowhere near the fridge, which it seems the CEO's lunch was stolen from," Minji piped in.

"I see, I see." Sunoo rapidly wrote down everything in the notebook he had just obtained.

While writing, Sunoo was curious as to how everyone thought he was Niki. He muttered to himself.

"Surely they know how Niki looks, and I clearly don't look like him. So, have they actually not realized? Maybe they are pretending to think I'm him to be nice? Alas, I'm here and fine, so let's just go with it."

"What about the other four of you? Where were you?" Sunoo said.

Well, you see, we haven't really had our break yet. We were just about to after our collab, but we were pretty much together. I mean, we did record vocals, so we were in our own recording studios, but we never strayed away from each other long distances. Regarding the fridge, we haven't been in that part of the building either," Hanni told Sunno.

I see, and the rest of you can agree.

"I can't see how any of us could be lying; as we said before, the fridge you mentioned is quite far from here. In fact, the dining area we will be eating at is the one upstairs," Hyein chimed in.

"Got it. It seems you have alibies for the CEO's lunch theft. I believe you for now. However, I've recently found out about a theft that happened last night. In fact, it was in the s

Please log in to read the full chapter