Goodbye

The Lowdown

Boohoo! This is the last chapter! Time to say bye bye to this Key and Taemin! I have really liked writing this and I remember I was so excited when I got 20 subbies- and now i have 103 :') o.m.g! Seriously, I have wondered that if I had swapped Key for Minho or Taemin for Jonghyun how much subscribers I would get but no! OTP is OTP!!! Taaaeeeeekkkeeeeyyy 

 

Thank you so much for reading my story, I hoped you liked it :D

 

So here it is, the last chapter!  I wrote this about the same time that I wrote when Taemin tried to jump into the river, so I have been trying to build up to this,sort of. Tell me what you thought about it :D

 

Key groaned as the alarm clock rang, the sound throbbing into his head. He smashed his hand on the button and d around with the other, perplexed when he found the bed empty.

Oh yeah. Taemin wasn’t here.

Last night… had been perfect, but a little bit of Key felt guilty. He had taken Taemin’s first time and they weren’t even ‘together’. He hadn’t even woken up this morning to see Taemin off and know whether he was okay, since he knew the first time would be the hardest. If he was in Taemin’s shoes he would’ve thought that Key didn’t care about him enough and that it had been a meaningless fling. But it hadn’t… but at the same time it was. Key loved Taemin so much, but being with Taemin would be bad. He loved him, but he didn’t want a relationship. Taemin needed someone better than him. Someone more stable, and where the relationship boundaries weren’t so complicated. But Key wished they could be together. But it was already too late. But, but, but. Key had never felt worse about himself. He had to admit, he was such a dickhead. Jonghyun had been right. He was no good for Taemin, and Taemin would be the one hurt.

He sat up, ignoring his headache and a pink sticky note stuck on Taemin’s pillow caught his eye. Good morning Key, read the note. Key smirked at the chicken scratch writing that was undoubtedly Taemin’s. If only I was here to give you a morning Kiss Kiss Kiss. Key groaned and laughed at the pun. He wished Taemin was here too. But he knew the thought was selfish. He wanted to hold him, but they couldn’t be together. Key would be leading him on and playing on Taemin’s feelings. Maybe it was a good idea that Taemin had left.

He picked up his phone and frowned when he saw another pink sticky note attached to it. A number was scrawled on it. This is my grandma’s home phone, it read. In case you don’t have it. So call me maybe xxxxx . Key gave a snort and swiped his phone and gasped. The wallpaper was a grainy photo of Taemin kissing a key off his keychain. Key groaned again at the blatant message. When had he done this? He went through to the photos on his phone.

“Oh my god…”

Photo after photo had Taemin kissing some sort of key. A piano key. A computer keyboard. And the last photo, entitled ‘my favourite Key’, which was Taemin snuggled up to a sleeping Key, kissing his cheek. Key realised he must have taken that one before he left. He couldn’t stop the smile spreading across his face, even though in the photo Key looked heinous.

“That little dork,” he laughed. He decided to keep that wall paper. It was pretty cute.

He grabbed his clothes, intending to head to the shower and stopping when he heard paper crinkling. He went through them until he found the pink sticky note on his underwear. What..? he wondered.

You don’t know how jealous I am of these right now. I wish I was in your pants all day too.

 Key screeched, blushing. Since when had Taemin been such a ert?

He ran into the bathroom. A message was scrawled all over the mirror in the steam from the previous shower.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, reflect the one I love most of all. Key stared at his flushed reflection, feeling worse. Taemin loved him. And he loved Taemin. But he didn’t know how to put them together.

He went to turn on the shower. Another pink sticky note on the handle. You . Key laughed sadly. He wished Taemin was his again. Guilt and unease churned in his stomach.

Key grabbed the soap and started lathering himself up until he noticed something black on his shin. Key froze. Taemin better not have written something on him when he had been sleeping. He leaned down and saw words, the black ink running down his leg. LEE TAEMIN, it read.

Key was confused. What did it mean? Key frowned as he saw more black ink on his calf. I like to label what’s mine. And don’t worry diva it’s only eyeliner.

Key nearly cried. ”Taemin,” he said out loud in the shower. “I’m sorry.”

He jumped out and dried himself, putting his clothes on hastily. Taemin was such a sweet, sweet innocent boy and Key had dumped him. Why did he dump him? He had flinched when Taemin had said the words. And Taemin obviously wanted to get back together, even though Key treated him like trash. And he used to be Taemin’s Key-umma, the one who was always there for him and looked after him. He was reminded of how much of a dickhead he was again.

He rummaged around the drawer for his BB cream. He couldn’t live without BB cream. Even though no one was in the house, he hated the way he looked in the mirror. He looked horrible, and what if someone surprise visited him? Key was not going to take chances.

Another pink sticky note on his BB cream.  Don’t need makeup, to cover up. Being the way that you are is eno-o-ough.

Key wailed. Taemin knew he couldn’t stand One Direction. “Taemin, Taemin, Taemin!” he cried, those beautiful words rolling off his tongue. “What are you trying to do to me?”

He ran out of the bathroom, haunted by the notes. Key felt so, so guilty, Taemin obviously wanted him so much and he wanted Taemin back, but it wouldn’t work, couldn’t work and shouldn’t work. Key had told himself that their relationship had been wrong wrong wrong to make himself break up with Taemin, and if he thought the opposite now it would break him apart.

Key slumped into the couch, squeezing his eyes shut when he saw another pink sticky note on the remote. “Please stop Taemin,” he begged to an empty house. “Don’t make me feel worse than I already do.”

He picked up the note, hating himself. I think we click, like this button. An arrow was drawn pointing downwards at the play button. He pressed it and jumped as the TV switched on. He could feel his eye getting hot when he saw Taemin’s face on the screen.

Taemin’s face was right in front of the camera and then he suddenly leaned back. Key’s eyes burned as Taemin smiled widely and blinked.

“Hi hyung, I hoped you liked my notes,” Taemin said.

“I hate you Taemin,” Key responded stuffily, his nose getting blocked.

“I’m probably at my grandma’s house at the moment. Or still on the train. Either way, I know I’m thinking about you,” Taemin said, his voice drifting off shyly on camera as he blushed and looked behind himself.

Key sniffed, blinking furiously. “Why are you so cute,” he said.

Onscreen Taemin smiled sorrowfully. “I love you so much hyung, and I think by now you know it. I’ve done all I can bring myself to do, and I won’t push myself onto you anymore. Mianhae Key.”

Key shook his head, chewing his lip and trying to fight the tears. “I’m sorry Taemin,” he whispered.

“But listen Key.”

Key started at Taemin’s forceful voice, noting how intense Taemin’s eyes had turned.

“This is my last plea. Key, we are perfect for each other. We belong together. I’m not myself when you’re not there. You were my confidence, and my comfort. I could always count on you to hold me when I was feeling down.”

Key closed his eyes as he felt the first hot tear crawl down his cheek.

“I love you Key, please don’t tell me I was imagining that you loved me back,” Taemin continued. “Remember those nights when we trainees and we lay awake in the dark talking about all the stuff we were going to buy after we would debut and what we would do when we were famous? I would always talk until my throat was sore and fall asleep to you telling me about how you would buy us a house to live in together. Have you forgotten, Key? We knew we would be together.”

Of course Key hadn’t forgotten. He could still hear Taemin’s excited whispers in his ear about how he was going to open dog shelters all over the country and buy a Ferrari, still feel the heat of the other boy snuggled into his side and the tingle of excitement and anticipation for their debut as he stared at the ceiling. It had been a ritual for months for them to discuss what they dreamed of owning before they went to sleep. He had been infatuated with Taemin’s cuteness back then, and couldn’t keep his hands off him. He had thought it was because he never had a little brother and was putting that role on Taemin. Until he realised that constantly wanting to hug, kiss and molest Taemin were not normal big brotherly urges.

“And remember those nights when I cried after debut because I thought all the sunbaes didn’t like me because I was too young and shy, and I missed my family and old life so much? Idol life wasn’t as great as we had imagined. You were the only one who wiped away my tears night after night Key, please don’t tell me you didn’t love me then. And now, I wouldn’t have my life any other way.”

Of course Key remembered. Watching his baby cry always tugged at his heart, and he always felt extra bad because Taemin was so freaking young. But he felt like the baby now, using his sleeve to wipe his cheeks and breathing unevenly, just how he had done for Taemin all those years ago.

“All those years flew by, and it seemed like I would be looking from afar at you forever, you were my crush that I could never say anything to. And I thought you were drifting away from me, so I made the most of it whenever you touched me, and looked back at me. Even when it meant I had to act more childish for your attention.”

Key furiously tried to rub the tears away with his fingers. Key had been trying to avoid him because he knew he shouldn’t be feeling this way for Taemin, especially back then when Taemin wasn’t even legal and he didn’t know if Taemin even liked boys. The only way he could justify touching him was when Taemin was acting like a baby and practically begged for someone to look after him and comfort him. He knew Taemin had put it on sometimes, but who was he to deny a chance to touch Taemin… but back then, it had been different.

“Fast forward to several months ago, when I started getting really down again. And you were the only one who I trusted, Key. You’re the only one I let inside the bathroom cubicle for a reason. I love only you, and I want only you Key, when are you going to realise that!”

Taemin looked flustered and helpless on screen as his volume escalated. “Why don’t you want me anymore? What changed? You still can’t resist me. You told me you loved me before, and that you meant it and that I should believe it. Should I still believe it Key? Please tell me!”

Key cried harder. He loved Taemin so much, it was the truth. He wanted Taemin so much. Nothing had changed, except Key’s stupid mind. He couldn’t even remember the reason he had broken up with Taemin now. His sleeves were soaked so he had to wipe his face on his hand.

“And…that day… when I…tried to..dr-drown myself in the river..” Taemin was whispering now. “You want to know how I saved myself?”

Key was silent, his eyes wide. They had never talked about that day.

“I.. thought of you. And how unhappy you would be if I wasn’t here anymore. And how I wanted to feel you hold me and kiss me again for the rest of my life. I thought of you. Don’t tell me it was all for nothing.”

‘You weren’t the one making me cry, pabo. It was me. Me. I was so unhappy. You were the only person who could make me smile at all. You just got involved with me at the worst time for me, that’s all. You made, and make me so happy.”

 

Key couldn’t move, consumed with guilt. His nose was running and the tears were dripping off his nose and chin but he couldn’t stop watching. He couldn’t believe what a jerk he had been. Taemin had tried to live for him, and Key had just thrown that away.

“Don’t get me wrong, I won’t do that again even if you say you don’t want to be with me anymore. The point is, you were my lifeline Key. You pulled me back up from the depths of myself, when I was feeling the lowest that I probably will in my entire life. I’m stronger now Key, I can save myself. But you were the only one who could do it when I couldn’t before. Thank you so much Key.”

Key didn’t have any other places to wipe his tears and God knows what. He swore he was probably drooling a bit too. He was sobbing so hard he couldn’t even breathe properly, and when he inhaled all he got was more liquid. What was Taemin thanking him for? Key hadn’t done anything. He had made it worse. But he undoubtedly, undeniably, irrevocably loved Taemin.

“So if you still want me, I’ll be waiting at my grandmother’s house in the front garden. I’ll be waiting there every day I’m there for you. If you don’t come, I promise that when I get back to Seoul I won’t mention us again, and we’ll just be hyung and dongsaeng. I… I hope you come, and I understand if you don’t. The address is on the fridge, I-“

“Taemin, where are you? We need to talk,” Key’s voice sang out in the video. So that’s what he had been doing!

Taemin looked down. “I think I’ve done enough talking,” he whispered, bringing his gaze to stare straight at the camera. Key felt shivers down his spine. That was his baby, his baby, his Taemin, he loved him so much, he had been so blind, so wrong-

“What are you waiting for? Find me, hyung!” Taemin said, a sad smile playing on his face. “Saranghae Kim Kibum,” he whispered, blowing a kiss with two hands. Taemin leaned forward. “Now look at the stereo remote.” He smiled as his hand reached the camera and the video switched off.

Sobbing, Key searched around for the stereo remote, hardly able to see through the blur of his tears.

A pink sticky note you’re the song that I replay, replay, replay…

Key shakingly pressed play and screamed when the song came on, the sobs racking through his body.

“He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, the only one who’s got me wishing on a wishing star, he’s the song in the car, I keep singing don’t know why I dooo..”

Taylor freaking Swift! Nothing could make Key cry harder. Taemin had been weirdly obsessed with this song when it had first come out. He had sung it in the car for days as well. Key had teased Taemin about how he should be saying ‘she’ and how he didn’t even own a guitar, why did he feel such a connection to it? He had never imagined that he was singing incorrectly on purpose! And about him! And he had been there!

 All of a sudden the track changed.

“Can’t you see that I’m the one who understands you, been here all along, so why can’t you seeee, you belong with meeee, oh!”

Key raced to the fridge, grabbing the only pink sticky note on the fridge. On it was the address and a single sentence- Don’t make “Forever and Always” my new anthem.

He ran down the stairs and hailed a taxi, not even caring when the taxi driver stared at the state of his face. The taxi driver became a lot more nicer after Key handed him a fistful of notes at the end of the ride and ran out before he could even ask for change.

He stared at the train timetable, bouncing up and down in the line for tickets. Taemin Taemin Taemin Taemin was all he could think about, all that was running through his head. He grabbed the ticket off the girl and ran to the station, throwing himself onto a seat. His breathing calmed as he thought about what just happened.  Taemin you weird, weird, little boy,”  Key thought, smiling to himself. You clever little cutiepie, I can’t believe what you just did…

 Key walked down the road slowly. 26…28…30.

He stood outside the mailbox and looked at the house. Taemin had said he would be waiting in the front yard, but this one was empty. Had he got the wrong house? Key was positive that this was what was written on the sticky note. His heart sunk as he walked up to the low brick fence and surveyed the lawn in what seemed like a non-suspicious manner.

“Hey.”

Key jumped, looking around. That had been Taemin’s voice! He looked down and gasped as he saw a beaming Taemin lying down on the other side of the wall.

“Hi,” he said back shyly, not sure of what he was supposed to do.

Taemin jumped out and launched himself into Key’s arms, wrapping his skinny legs around Key and burying his face into his neck. Key laughed, tears starting to slide down his cheeks again as he steadied Taemin in his arms. He could feel Taemin sniffling into him as well.

“You came… you found me.. you came,” Taemin whispered.

“I love you,” choked out Key. “I’m sorry I made you think I didn’t want you. That’s the stupidest thing I have ever done, I don’t even know why I broke up with you, I’m so sorry I’m such an I’m so so sorry I love you-“

“It’s okay,” interrupted Taemin, laughing and crying. “It’s okay.”

Key sat down with Taemin still in his arms, not even caring about how dirty he would make his skinny jeans. “I’m sorry,” he said one last time.

Taemin snuggled into Key, closing his eyes. He loved this feeling so much. He loved Key so much. Key trailed his fingers through the soft brown hair, squinting in the sunshine and observing the quietness.

“It’s a perfect day,” he observed.

“Yeah,” Taemin responded, squeezing Key tightly. “I thought… I thought… I had made a giant mistake and made a fool of myself,” he said, welling up again.

Key shushed and rocked them back and forth, kissing Taemin deeply until they couldn’t breathe.

Taemin still had his eyes closed when Key chuckled.

“Why were you hiding behind the wall?”

“Oh,” blushed Taemin. “Well, I didn’t want the neighbours to see me just sitting there for hours. I didn’t know how long you would take, let alone if you would come. So I decided to lie down. Plus, it hurts when I sit down for long periods of time. The train ride killed me.”

“Oh, my baby, I’m so sorry, it’s all my fault!” cried Key, feeling guilty. “It was your first time and I was so horrible, and I hurt you.. I’m so sorry,”

“It’s okay,” Taemin smiled. “I like the way it hurts… it reminds me of you, because after all, I belong to you…” he grinned devilishly. “I think we’ve found a way where you could take out your anger.”

Key blushed as he remembered last night and all the things he said.

“So… do you still want to belong to me?” he asked, trailing his lips over Taemin’s.

Taemin responded with a moan. “Only if you’ll be mine..” he mumbled back.

“Deal,” Key smiled, holding Taemin closer and kissing him again.

“Wait, wait, wait..” Taemin said, backing up. “My is killing me. Can I please lie down again.”

Key grimaced with guilt as he stepped over the fence with Taemin, where Taemin immediately lay down in his original position.

“Don’t you want to go inside?” Key asked.

“The dirty boys do it outside,” Taemin said suggestively, waggling his eye brows.

“I’m not getting my shirt dirty, do you know how expensive this was?” asked Key dryly as Taemin rolled his eyes.

“It’s called a washing machine,” giggled Taemin as Key gathered him up in his arms and swung him up, walking into the direction of the front door.

“I’ll wash your ma-ma-ma-ma-machine,” said Key suggestively as Taemin grimaced at the bad pun, Taemin feeling Key’s laugh in their kiss and loving the taste.

 

Taemin smiled. It was 4am, and he was lying in a bed in his grandma’s spare room. The whole house smelt ancient. It was stuffy and silent, and he couldn’t get to sleep. And he loved it. He was awake because he hadn’t been so happy in his whole life. Key was curled up on his side, his arm flung across Taemin and he felt safe and protected. He was with his dream guy who he never wanted to be apart from, doing what he loved the most with the people that he loved the most. He couldn’t believe how lucky he was. He had worked so hard and now he had more than he ever dreamed of. He was in the web again, but this time it wasn’t trapping him.  It was the safety net that had caught him when he fell from his heights. He promised himself that he would try his hardest to remain the happiest man on earth, and couldn’t wait to spend all the days he had in front of him with Key. He snuggled into Key and sighed in contentment as he drifted off to sleep.

 

Taemin couldn't sleep in the first chapter, and now he can sleep :') and so can this story :') Weeeeheeeee it’s done done done done and finished! OOHHHH MY GODD

I’m going to miss writing about my little baby Taemin and Key! Honestly, Key was not important to me in my story. I just loved my man Taemin! I can't believe it took me over a couple of months to write this, I understand why it takes ages for authors to write books then 0.o. Just kidding I don't. Authors can sit there for the whole day and write. Not that I envy them though!

Check out the trailer Kironstree made for me for the Lowdown on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3TB7boRiG4&feature=youtu.be

 

I'll see you... another day :'( Kidding! I have another story :D :D I'll see you over at Crash!

:D :D <3 <3 thaaaaaaannnkkkk yyyyooouuu ssssoo mmmuuccchh fffoorrr rreaaadddiiinnngggg