CHAPTER 9

COMPLICATED LOVE

Myung-OK POV

 

………………………………….

Im not in a good mood to chat but then when I see him,my anger fades away.His smile is really a magic . I shake hands with him and start to tell him the incident between me and that cow . Then he holds my hands .”Kajaa !” .In no time ,wea re at an ice cream stall ."What is this for ? “I ask him. "My noona saidd if we are angry,it means our body is hot .So,I prepare this !" He gives a chocolate mint flavoured ice cream to me and says "what is this ? This is mint right ? Mint can overcome hotness .So,there you go ." I hesitate and once again he holds my hands and urges me to take it ."Eat it till your heart feels cool .If you are still feeling  angry,ask me for one more,and one more and one more until you feel cool .Is that sounds fine to you ?” I laugh.”Kyu ah ~ We only know each other today,but why are you being so nice to me ?” He smiles.

 

Ji kyoung POV

……………………………….

 

Arasso,what is my job then ?  Inviting people or the decoration ? Give me the list later then .” I hangs up the phone.We are preparing for Myung's birthday celebration .What a funny fate of meeting this girl and Youngie but yet im so grateful to meet them .They are like real dongsaengs to me .I have a lot of friends .but being a centre in the bussiness world,Those people whom they called themselves as 'friends' are not with me because they want to be with me through my ease and pain.I know that really well.but these girls,Myung and Youngie .Who ever thought that I could be close to them .The cinema's scene,it entitled me as their rightful unnie .I love them .I don’t know why ,when I first saw them, I feel attached .But Im so happy for myself .They treat me like their unnie without caring about my status and Im so happy with it .The sincerity.Now better get prepared.In Young called me earlier asking me to prepare the invitation cards .But she said a simple one should be fine .The celebration is another two days .So,the cards has to be done by tomorrow.Luckily all my office works are done .Now,I might need a little help from my beloved dongsaeng .Where is this guy ?

 

Myung-OK POV

 

................................................................................................................................................

 

 

“I come earlier to help for the last touch up of your party .”I also invite…” Kyoung unnie says before i cut her , "No unnie,no time for another talk .Guests gonna arrive in half an hour and I need to tell you something .I hold her hands and go to a more private place .”Unnie,since you are my rightful unnie,so you have to know anything about me and Youngie right ?”She nods in confusion.I cannot keep any secrets or stories than her except about Min oppa,Up till now,Kyoung unnie didn’t know about me and Min oppa .”Unnie,I told you about the transfer student  right ? ".She asks back ,”which one ? The cow one? “ I nod in excitement "But I didn’t manage to speak about the other one" .She jokes and says “What now,is he a gorilla ?” We laugh .”No,this one is an angel .He is  really nice.And he has a gorgeous smile too .”So,what is his name ?" I confidently say,” Kim Kyu Jong !”

She smiles cheekily and puzzles me .”Unnie,waeyo  ?”She says again ,“Nothing dear,he has a nice name though .“ But then Youngie comes in and she tells us that my friends are all here .I am so shocked when I go out then I saw my angel there .I thought he gonna approach me when suddenly he do a back hug on someone . Ji Kyoung unnie ! Im so puzzled then Kyoung unnie tell me , “Sweetie Myung,meet my dongsaeng,Kyu Jong “! Mworagoo !! !! I can hear my heart screams ! Kyu is her dongsaeng and just a moment ago,I was praising him like a lot !.Where shall I put my face ??? I saw Kyoung unnie smiles mischieviously to me and she is sure going to tell Kyu everything after this ! .And will be  going to go to school with a red face every day after this..Just then ,I see a likeable figure ,wearing dark blue shirt and a black pants.

I see him ,so,he comes with his fellow cousin,my bestfriend Junnie .” Oh uri Myung,you grow old,saengil chukaie ! “ Junnie says while hugging me .” And here he is,the person that capable in making my heart beats faster everytime he shows up .”Saengil chukaie uri  Myung,may this year brings a lot of happiness to you .” He gives me his present .But in other way,he is secretly looking somewhere else.Or someone . Could it be or its just my imagination ? Oh God !  Please don’t let this spoil my birthday .

 

Jungmin POV

 

………………………………………………

 

Oh,Im tired .It was a joyful event .Myung looks happy and she looks cute too .But somehow,I think like im the one who celebrates my birthday today .Is it love ? Its different from what I feel to Myung .It more lovely and warm .i never see her before .But from my observation,she is close to Myung .Should I ask Myung ? But I afraid she might get hurt .But why should she get hurt ? Did she still has  her hope on me ? I hope not because deeply in my heart,there’s a space for Myung ,but not as a lover .Not now and maybe will not .

 

Young Saeng POV

……………………………….

 

“Saengie ah~,why you didn’t go to that 'thing 'birthday event ?You are invited right ?” Hyun Joongie suddenly asks me .

"And so do you !” I ask him back in a naughty tone.” I..I..don’t have mood.Do you think I go for some crazy girl birthday party ? Like you don’t know me .I hate people .huh” He sighs .Hyun Joong is spending his night in my house tonight .We are going to watch a midnight movie together later .But I don’t think I can enjoy it tonight .Our conversation earlier ensures me that she really give up for me .

“In,so its you.Its really you .I..I.” Then she cut me .”I what ? sorry ? happy ? missing ? Oppa,why did you come back ?” I was shocked by her sudden expression.

“I..I.. I was..” She cut in again .”No oppa,this time let me talk .Do you know how im tired these years waiting for you ? Im not asking you to call me every second .Its enough for me to hear your voice just for a second once a year .I miss you .I miss you so much .I keep telling myself that you will call me,that you will atleast send me i dont know.. an assurance but it was nothing .Zero.I remember every word you said to me when you was about to go . It is my biggest stronghold .But you ..I don’t know what to feel now,happy ,yes,im glad you are back ,that you are still alive and safe,but to feel that  feeling again,its beyond my healthy thinking .Maybe time will decide it .Maybe if you still have that  feeling ,we will still have a chance together .I don’t know"

She stopped.She was crying.Then she bowed to me and left .I She attacked me mercilessly .I can’t think of anything as I watch her go .She is a grown up lady now. .In that I know is a childish happy go lucky girl ,but this In,her words .. she is in a deep pain .A pain caused by me .

 

Ji Kyoung POV

 

......................................................................................................................................................................................

 

What should I do ? How can I get to know him better ? I really want to know him closer .But perhaps he’s been invited to Myung’s birthday maybe because they are friends.He looks matured .My age maybe ? I can’t sleep thinking about that .An even during our morning meal , Kyu startled me and teased me if I ate something bad yesterday that makes me act like this today. better ask Myung.Will she help me ? Well it is now or never .Email her or call her ? I dont think I can face her talking about this.its embarassing.Just then my hands magically start to type , “ Myung I need to ask you something .Its about your friend. The tall one .Can you meet me at the usual café today ?” I click the “ENTER” button now and wait patiently for Myung reply . Then a message tone is heard .” Who ? Okay .We meet at 8 “ .Okay now I have to prepare myself in front of Myung because Im sure  I will feel embarassed when asking Myung about him later .

 

Myung-Ok POV

.........................................................................................................................................................................

 

It’s the end .Its truly the end .She likes him.My Min oppa .The moment when she asked me “Myung ,do you know the tall man that was at your birthday before ?The one in dark blue ?” my heart beats faster and I feel like it will explode anytime .I don’t know what to answer .In a heart of controlling my tears,I began to tell Kyoung unnie everything that I know about him .From where he lives to what is his habits,except about us of course .She seems excited .She gave me a hug and went home with a big smile on her face .A happy and bright smile .A start to a new happiness for her .As soon as I got home,I can’t help but to cry as hard as I can .Why is this world is too small ? Out of many men out there,Why Min oppa ? I don’t havethe  heart to ruin her mood  since she has been too nice to us during all these years .But what about my heart ?I sink in the deep ocean ,the love ocean with no one intends to save me or me trying to save myself..But to think of,they look better together , a great career comes with great family backgrounds.Without I notice,Youngie enters the room .I didn’t manage to wipe away my tears in time .She notices me .”Myung,are you crying ?” She gently asks .I look at her face .I could never lie to this girl ,my best friend .I cry on her shoulder and tell her everything .After then,Junnie comes in and he sees my swollen eyes .He quickly kneeling before my bed and he says “Mian Myung ya .I feel really guilty as as I can’t do anything for you .both of you .Im so sorry .” I cry again .”Its not your fault Junnie .We can’t force someone's heart .And we also didn’t know for sure yet what did Min oppa feel about me or about her .”I…” I can’t continue my word .

I feel so hopeless now .My tears are rolling again .Then Junnie hugs and whispers  to my ears “Im sorry again Myung” .And the three of us hug each other .I feel so warm despite of this coldness i feel right now.In the arms of my two best friends ,I cannot ask for more.And the evening ends this way.