CHAPTER 11

COMPLICATED LOVE

Young Saeng POV

...................................................................................

This is a good opportunity to me .An opportunity for me to win back her heart .IThere is this quote from a great philosopher  that said “Never give up without fighting “.An yes I am going to fight for her love.I will win her back .Just you see !  Suddenly a tone is heard, “This is more than present ,Double S one..two three “ What is that sound ? Ohh my ringtone .”Yo,my buddy ,up for some baseball ? This time play,not watch. I signed you up for an inter-college baseball match at our school today .Come on,its been a while  eh? See you at 5 !” He hangs up .What ?? I didn’t manage to say anything .Aigoo I didn’t practice yet for a match ?

I remember back in high school ,I was a minor baseball player .School even offered me a scholarship of pursuing as a baseball player but for me,baseball is just one way of reducing stress and a hobby .Not intended to make it as a full time career.I remembered when I stayed with Hyun Joong in England,I play baseball almost everyday .Because of her.Nevertheless,I have to go too because Hyun Joong's  style is no forgiveness ! If his desire is not fulfilled .

 

Kyu Jong POV

....................................................................................

 

She is supposed to be here now .I keep waiting for her at the outside of the stadium and keep looking at my watch .Maybe she isn’t coming .Inviting a girl for a baseball game  instead for a romantic candlelight dinner is sure a silly invitation but I hope to know her better .Suddenly, ”Kyu ah’~ how long has you been here standing alone ? Let’s go inside”.She pulls my sleeves and we go in .The match is already started .”Where is In Young ?”I ask Myung because usually where is Myung,there’s always In Young .”Oh,she has to help the score board team “Myung replies me .

 

In Young POV

......................................................................................

“In Young unnie,could you help me with the attendance of the players ? At the registration counter ? I need to help Mrs.Hae In at the field .Can you ?” The junior girl pleads .”Ermm,okay I help you .But you need to go back here as soon as possible because I have work with the score board team .”She smiles and goes .I check the baseball players for today .”Since it is an inter-college baseball match ,There are students from different colleges all over this district .I check the list, .Lee Donghae,,Choi Minho,Lee Kiseop,In-Joon,Lee Myungsoo,Park Chung Jae, .These guys are not from this college .I wonder if they maybe my next prince charming .Prince charming ?Suddenly I feel my heart in pain .Then someone asks me .”Excuse me ? Is this the registration counter ? We thought no one handle this counter .I look up and behind him,there’s a lot of  guys queuing up to register their names .”Yes I believe it is .Sorry we are lacking of helping hands .So busy and hot today isn’t it ?” I say to the player .what a handsome guy with a bright brown hair.He smiles and checks his name .Kekekke .Then one by one ticks their names and as I register this guy named Lee Junho,I notice a  person behind a person after Lee Junho is familiar .Its Saengie oppa .I’m sure he doesn’t notice me since he is looking somewhere else ,that’s why I need to get out of here .The guy with the name of Lee Junho looks at me ,”Miss,can you find my name ?” “Err..just write your name on the empty space.Oh and state the time now“ .I speak anxiously to him.Then,just in time,the junior girl comes to the rescue .”Unnie Im so sorry,Im done with Mrs.Hae In .Neomu Gamsahamnida “She thanks me .” I smile and say back to her “No,thank you !” I smile happily leaving the girl in confusion .”So,he is playing for today .May the luck is with him.

 

Young Saeng POV

.............................................................................................

After checking my name ,I  look for Hyun Joong .”Ya~Hyun Joong ah~Don’t run ! “ I grab his arms and he saysback to me ,”Chill Saengie,its not that you are going for a war .Baseball is your thing buddy .And you didnt play baseball since we are back .Now Im giving you my homecoming present .”He winks at me .I just about to scold him more but then “Attention players,please gather at the centre of the field now .We need to do an arrangement before the game starts .Hoping for the cooperation .Gamsahamnida “ the speaker speaks out loud .”Now,go..go ..go Youngshimii “ Hyun Joong teases me and runs away .The game will start sooner .My heart is  beating as fast as it can .Oh my .I feel breathless .But I don’t see In,I see her best friend with Kyu Jong earlier,but I don’t see her .Didn’t she come ? “Young Saeng shii,first game is coming .Let’s go !”

"Cheong-Su college fighting !!" We scream together .The first game starts.The bat is in my hand now.I see Hyun Joong is cheering for me up there.What did he take this morning being all hyped up like that?  .The game goes on for about half an hour until the speaker shouts “Break time !” Cheong-Su college 3,Dong-Yul college 1 .We gather in a spot and the coach says to us “Okay,now,this is just a minor baseball match .That’s why we just have a game left .Not much .Do your best and….Heo Young Saeng “ Suddenly he calls me .Oh my !Did my performance is bad ? Please don’t get mad at me..I..My heart keep babbling .He stares at me and smile “ I love your play !You have the skills .Keep it up .” I smile.Then the announcement strikes again ,”Attention players ,please gather at the field now .We need to finish the gamefast since it will be raining later .”Just then I hear our opponents,one of the player says to his friend ,”Ya~ Its going to rain soon .We gonna wet  .” He sighs .I look up,yes,its going to rain soon .Better run now .Prittt ..The match starts again.I keep an eye for the ball because it’s the opponent turn to swing the bat now .Then I saw In .She is sitting at the scoreboard maybe for quite some time .Maybe from the first match  .And I didn’t realize that I actually behind the opponent that is ready to hit ball .And I can see player swinging his bat just before my head and then everything is blank .I can hear ”He’s bleeding .”Go get an ambulance”.”Its one heavy bat “ .But just before I close my eyes,I see her coming with a worry face and then it is dark.

 

Myung Ok POV

................................................................................................

The game goes well when suddenly one of a player  accidentally got hit on his head with a bat .The guy's face is covered with blood .As I seehim from far with Kyu Jong,I realize it is the new student,Young Saeng .I am about to see what’s going on closely when suddenly something attracts me more .I see Min oppa at the corner of the stadium with someone .Its Kyoung unnie !They hold hands ! I quickly move behind Kyu and ask him to go down and see the injured player .I need to get rid of this feeling .Min oppa is not mine anymore .Its  a fact .So Myung ,wake up ! But,im not sure yet what feeling does Min oppa has for unnie .He didn’t tell me anything .But then ,what more can some holding hands can mean .I don’t know and I don’t know how to feel right now .Sad ? Feel want to cry ? .I had enough tears  over these years .My mind and heart are empty now . “Kyu ,wait for me !” I just realized that Kyu is walking to the accident scene .

 

 

In Young POV

...............................................................................

 

Yess another minute and our college will win this match .Then I see Saengie oppa .He looks shocked upon seeing me  and I am about to warn him about the swinging bat when in a blink of eye,he fell down with the hit  . I am so shocked and  rush there and people are already gathering around him .”Excuse me,may I see him ?” As I get into the crowd,I saee Saengie oppa lying on the field and I am standing like  a statue .That is the worst condition of him I ever see .He is bleeding all over his face .Probably the bat hit him hard .I don’t know why suddenly I kneel beside him and shake his body .I take my scarf and wrap it all over his head to stop the bleeding .”Has anyone call the ambulance ?”I ask them .They stay quiet as if they are watching a movie.I lost my temper and yell “ Are you blind or deaf ?Do you or do you not see a dying person here ?Go get an ambulance !”  They are startled and start to get busy .