CHAPTER 16

COMPLICATED LOVE

 

Myung Ok POV

.....................................................................

 

 

“Myung,the principal asked me to hand over the college-quitting whatsoever documents to Kyu .His noona is  not in the country and you are close with him right ? So Im passing the documents  to Young Saeng since he is going to the hospital and you can pass it to Kyu okay ?” Junnie's  sudden phone call and may I say sudden order puzzles me .”How can I find him ? I haven’t see him for quite a while .”I say back to him .”Is it your new habit Myung ?Pranking people  ? I saw him the day when I was visiting Hyun Joong.He maybe practicing for a theatre or a musical since he was wearing a green robe and looking super pale.So don’t bluff me again will ya ? I have another date tonight.With the junior girl again.It went great before.See you later.Love ya “ he hangs up the phone.Kyu is here ? In the hospital ? Working on a musical ? Is that why he didn’t call me and ask him to not bother him anymore ? And he is qutting ?  Something doesn’t seems right .Just then Young Saeng approaches me .”Myung this is the documents.Did Hyung Jun tell you ? Principal needs you to pass it to Kyu so that he can sign this . Young Saeng's explanation putting me in a deeper confusion.

I read that documents .”Kyu is quitting college ?But why ? Anyway,how can I give this to him if I didn’t see him almost two weeks .” I tell Young Saeng .”Something needs to be done to you Myung.Are you kidding me ? .He is in the hospital.I saw him yesterday .So you can search for him or you can ask the Help Counter for his name .Im going in to check on Joongie.” He smiles and walks into Hyun Joong’s room .What?Even Young Saeng see him ? I believe if Young Saeng said it since he is more rational than Junnie.So Kyu is really here .What is he doing here ? Just then like a written-fate ,I see Kyu with the green robe as described by Junnie earlier walking right in front of me .

I watch as he walks towards the room that I wouldn’t even imagine.The room of the brain tumor patient ! I almost faint  .But then Im comforting myself saying “Myung,maybe the guy has discharged from the hospital and Kyu is just having a fever .That’s right ." I then try to call him .First and second call are not answered .

Third time it is answered and  I hear Kyu’s voice .”I told you already,don’t call me anymore! Are you…”I cut his words by saying”Kyu,where are you now?Are you okay ? Please answer me ” I try to get him to tell me.”Im okay as long as you don’t bother me !”He hangs up the phone.I walk with my strength to his room and sneak in between the door. I can see  his guilty face after he hung up the phone.So he purposely said that to me to not making me worry? But I am still not sure yet if is he the one who suffers from brain tumor.Like a fate is heading towards me,I see a nurse who usually checks on Kyu’s room.”Nurse,did the brain tumor patient already discharged from the hospital ?The patient is in there right now is not the sick patient right? Not him right ?” No,Miss,that is the brain tumor patient that I told you before “She smiles and walk away .My mind goes blank.My heart feels like breaking into pieces .The screaming of pain I hear everyday is actually my best friend’s pain ?He is alone .No one is there for him.I am indeed a bad friend .IHe must be needing someone during that time .As usual, the nurses are in for his treatment again.This time,I feel scared if he screams again .Now that Ik now it is Kyu,it feels so bad

 .Aghhhh !!!!Hurt!” I close my ears with my palms.I cant endure the pain .Its his pain .My friend who always there for me during my lowest times.But now,his soul and body are hurting,nobody is there for him.After for about 10 minutes,,the scream stops.As I see the nurses walk out of his room,I secretly take a look .He is sleeping now.He must be tired after the treatment .I cry again.I slowly walk towards his bed and pat his head.

Please live well and don’t give up Kyu,Please….

 

 

Ji Kyoung POV

...................................................................

 

“What are you babbling about dongsaeng ?” I don’t agree.You are already half of the way Kyu .Dont give up just yet .I don’t agree!” I say to Kyu.Disagreeing with what he wants to do.He wants to wuit the treatment and go home .He said he wants to die in our home .”Whats the point of continuing it noona ? Im not going to be healthy anymore.You heard what did the doctor say earlier right?” Suddenly Min says “Kyu,you will be healthy or not after this is not important.The most important is for you to keep having the faith to live well.”You are true hyung,I don’t have the faith to stay alive anymore.I can barely see myself in the mirror.I look like a dead person already.Dont worry noona,it’ll be better after this since I’ll be watching you from there “Kyu says calmly .

“Whatever you say ,I  dont agree.You have to proceed with your treatment .”I say firmly to him but suddenly he touches his head and his face is turning red.”Ouchh ,Noona,its hurt! “

Suddenly my little dongsaeng is groaning in pain.I become nervous .The nurse comes in  hurriedly and examine him.We are told to wait outside .Just then I see Myung.She comes and hits me in gently .”Unnie you are so cruel .Why you didn’t tell me that he is sick ? “ She cries hardly at my knee.I hug her and say ”Im sorry dear.I really want to tell you but Kyu forbids me from doing so .He didn’t want to see another tears in your eyes.He said he always see that gloomy face of you so he didnt want to be another person that causes the gloomy face .Did he know that you already know ??” I ask Myung .”No ,he didn’t know yet.”She says and shakes her head .I hold her hands and say “ Myung,I shouldn’t tell you this but since you already  know about the  his condition,Kyu wants to stop his treatment.He donesnt  want to proceed it. And I met the doctor and he said that without the treatment his chances to live..”I stop .I dont intend to finish my words.It hurts.

Waeyo ? but the nurse said that it can be cured with an operation right ?” She asks me.

“ It is true but the chance is also below 50%,Kyu said he doesn’t want to let our parents money been wasted if he didn’t survive the operation.Even at the time like this,how can he stubbornly thinks about other people ? .”I stop again .Min then says to Myung ,“Myung,please don’t blame Kyu for not telling you .Are you here to visit Kyu ?” I can see Myung looks disturbed when Min asks her but then she replies “No,I am taking care of Hyun Joong.He was admitted to this hospital for nearly a week and still in coma .I can see a shock face on Min but maybe he didn’t know if Myung got a new boyfriend .”Must be your new boyfriend right ? Im happy for you Myung “Min says.

“I don’t have time for all of this.My priorities now are Kyu and Hyun Joong .So unnie,how’s now? What should we do ?” She asks me .IWell I dont know myself..I don’t know what to do .Our parents are  still outside of  the country and they cant left their works although  eomma appa is feeling so bad about going to work while her son is dying here .They keep on calling me as frequent as they can to check on Kyu's updates.They will be back tomorrow morning .But ,I still havent tell them about Kyu's decision to stop his treatment.

 

 

 

 

Myung-Ok POV

.........................................................

 

I sit besides Kyu’s bed .He is sleeping.His face is so calm and he is beautiful .Why does he has to suffer in such a young age ? He then wakes up and he looks really surprised to see me.”Myung…” He says in his weakest voice.my heart aches.I smile to him and say “ Don’t say a word.You need a rest .My tears start to fall again but then he says “There's no need for more rest ,I will be resting forever after this .” He smiles.

“Kyu  ya ~ “ I cant help but to hug him.He is too nice.too thoughtful.Why it has to end like this ? 

“Whatever happens after this ,Dont forget me . I dont want to be forgotten by you .You are special to me.Special to a lot of people.You are nice Myung,and I hope after this,no one will hurt you again.Jungmin hyung ,me we are so cruel to hurt you .Next time,whenever you feel angry and sad,get the mint ice cream and feel good after that..Promise me that you will be happy. “ He smiles.I nod and start to cry again .He wipes away my tears ,and holds my hands tightly .He smiles at me and slowly closes his eyes .My hands that he hold,loosen bit by bit.I check his pulse and its nothing !”Nurse !Doctor !Someone !” The nurse and doctor barge in and check him. They do the electric shock thing and put the oxygen mask on him but still no response of his heart beating .

“Myung,wae?”Kyoung unnie comes from nowhere and she asks me .”Kyu..he..I..We was..”I cant finish my words.She hugs me .Then the doctor comes out.His face…I just hate that expression .”Im sorry,we have try our best.”He looks guilty but then walks away.”No !Unnie ! Kyu !” Both of us aare screaming and cry.. I walk into his room and he is lying there.Dead.He is dead.I keep reminding myself that he is no longer with me.My source of motivation is gone.Forever .I keep my strength up and walk besides his bed .”Kyu,please rest well there . Don’t worry,you wouldn’t be forgotten by me .”

I walk out that room and I see Kyoung unnie is eeing hugged by Min oppa .Min oppa is comforting  the sad woman who loses her love.Hyun Joong is still in coma and now ? Kyu is leaving me without much time together.We were just talking,he held my hands..I..It..It is so hard for me to accept it .