CHAPTER 15

COMPLICATED LOVE

 

Myung Ok POV

....................................................................................

IIt has been an hour or more .And I dont  see the doctor comes out from the room .Neither the nurses .Anxiety is killing me .I tried to call Kyu a few times,but its unreachable .And then I see Young Saeng and In are running towards me .I hug In and tell her what happened .Without Im noticing it,my tears drop again .Young Saeng looks really miserable and worried .We wait and wait for almost two hours when the doctor finally comes out.”Who are the family of the patient ?” The doctor asks us .”His parents are outside the country .But I am his best friend .How’s my friend doctor ?” Young Saeng asks back . “ He got a big concussion on his head .We was operating to remove the clotting blood but he is still in coma right now .We cannot ensure you anything .If he didn’t pass his critical time in 48 hours ,you need to prepare for any possibility .”The doctor said calmly and walks away . “It was my fault .If I were to be more careful,I f i was not clumsy like what he always tell me ,none of this would happen .” I sigh .Young Saeng calmly says,“Nothing is been made to become others mistake .Take this as a fate and a lesson .Myung,I need your kindness to take care of Joongie for a little while .I feel guilty to leave him but me and In need to go for the closing ceremony of the exhibition .”He sigh .I know he is stucked between loyalty with his best friend and his responsibility at the exhibition .”Its okay .I can wait for him here .Just go.Im sure Hyun Joong will understand you .The doctor said that in a while we would be able to enter his room.So I can accompany him until you return .”I pat YoungSaeng's shoulder .”Gomawoyo Myung” he smiles and hold Youngie hands and walk away .I realize something about them .But maybe they still havent  tell me yet .I try to call Kyu again .Still no answer .

Suddenly I heard a groaning .A very hurtful scream .”Ahh,its hurt !!Its hurt !!!!Noona !!! Stop it !Arhhh !! " And there are nurses get into the room just three rooms after Hyun Joong's  ward room .I manage to ask one of the nurses “The patient suffers from brain tumor.It is that hurt whenever his treatment begins .Poor guy .Still young and handsome yet is sick” The pretty nurse answers me .Yahh poor him .It must be hurt .

After a few minutes ,the doctor comes to me and say  that “ you can visit the patient now .But make sure a person at a time.” " Gamsahamnida ,doctor .” I enter Hyun Joong's  room .There are wires all over his shirtless body and his face is covered by the breathing mask .His head is bandaged all over and I can still see the blood stain  .His face is so pale and im tearing again .The face who makes dumb jokes and silly face is now lying like a dead man .I never thought it will be this bad .Im sorry Hyun Joong .

 

Then I walk out the room and try to reach Kyu again .He is answering me .Finally ! Im so happy ! ” Kyu Im so happy you answer my call .Im…”  He cuts me and says “Don’t call me anymore ! Im sick of it .” Im stunned

“Kyu what’s wrong ?” He replies back me in anger “ Nothing wrong !Its just that ,you only look for me when you are sad .I am sure you called me because you have some sad stories to tell me ! Im just a sort of comforter for you .Not less or more than that right .Im tired of being like that .Just don’t call me anymore ..Dont call me anymore Myung !” He hangs up the phone . He…he yelled at me ? Kyu Jong ? A person with a full heart actually yelled at me .Without I noticing ,My tears drop again.The tears are so inexpensive today.

 

 

 

Kyu Jong POV

............................................................................

 

I hung up the phone .The pain of hurting her is much hurtful than the pain that I have now .Im sorry Myung .Im not a good friend .In fact ,I am not deserved  to be a friend .Ive been sitting here for almost a month .Brain tumor .The first time I heard it was in a drama I watched before .Im too young for that .The doctor even predicted my life for me .3 months.There’s another two months but why do I feel liveless now .I laugh .Is it fun to hurt people at the end of your life Kyu Jong ? You might end up being cursed by Myung all her life .I cough .Then I see noona and her fiancé are entering my room .”Hey dear how’s you today ?” Noona greets and kiss me on my forehead .”Hey dongsaeng ! ,feels good ?  “Jungmin hyung greets me and pats my head .”Just okay .Can I be any better than this ?”I smile .Noona looks at her fiancé face and look back at me “Don’t you hear what the doctor said ? You can be cured with the operation and also if you have will to live .”Noona and you also heard right the possibility for the operation to be successful ? 50% or less .Will of live ? I can just die right now .”I smile .”If you say that once again,Im going to slap you .” She leaves the room .”Jungmin hyung says “ She must be feeling bad today .I’ll go check on her .You rest okay ?” He follows  noona out .I sigh.I keep hurting people around me .Maybe I should die soon .

 

JungminPOV

..............................................

 

As I watched Kyoung leaves the room ,I see she is wiping tears on her cheeks .I search for her outside Kyu 's room .She is sitting on the bench near the stairs and crying .I hug her back and she turns around .She hugs me tightly .” I cant take that .He is really losing his hope.I cannot do anything to save my dongsaeng ..I feel as the day comes,he will leave us .I didn’t manage to spend time with him much before .IWe should not be separated now .Right now ,even the doctor can predict how much time he has  to be with me .I love him Min .I don’t want him to die .” She cries louder .I wipe her tears and said “ No matter what happens later,we need to be there for him,the time left now,just try to make him feel better and happy .Maybe that way, he will fight for it,okay ? I hug her back .Right now,the successful businesswoman in my embrace is just a little girl that needs a comfort and warm hug .

 

 

Hyung Jun POV

........................................

 

Ahh silly ! Why do pimps have to appear  now ? Im going for a date with the prettiest junior girl in the college tonight .And pimples are the only enemy .I have to come to here, the hospital to meet my Doctor Skin .Well actually his name is Kim Huang Chen .A Chinese man lives in Korea but since he is a skin specialist ,I  call him Doctor Skin .No one is  going to the hospital just because of  pimple but pimple is the biggest enemy for a flower boy like me .The lift opens and I see Kyu ? He is in a green robe,the hospital robe.The one where patients wear if they are admitted to the hospital .And his face is a real pale .Like a corpse .Or most probably the vampire that I watched in the movie with my girl before .Err..I cant remember her face .Well,a handsome,most good looking guy like me would date a girl in a time and other girls.Maybe Kyu is practicing for a musical or so .Maybe he is playing a role of a corpse in a hospital attire .Great explanation Hyung Jun .You are a genius .Oh yes,since Im here ,I can visit Hyun Joong too .It is  still morning I have another 10 hours before my date .

I went to the  3rd floor and as the lift opens,I see Myung face .I hate that gloomy and sad face .”Myung “! I call her .” She then hugs me and says “ Im so glad you are here Junnie ."

I see through the glass door and I can see Hyun Joong .Woo,it really looks bad

Just then,me and Myung hear a scream of pain .This time,I can see pillows are thrown out of the room .”Arhh its hurt !!!!Arhh !!! “ I have a goosebump hearing that but Myung seems to feel nothing .” There’s a brain tumor patient in that room .He is always screaming whenever his treatment begins .The nurse said to me it is really painful .Like a thousands of knife stabbing you .Poor that guy.He’s our age .I wanted to give him a support by till now I cant even see his face .” Myung explains to me .”Oh I see,Myung,hope you stay strong okay ? Just ring me if you need a company “ I say .”And oh yes,wish me luck for my date tonight .” “ She look at me and says “I hope its your soul mate so you don’t have to find another girl to date after this .Fighting “ And she smiles .

 

 

Young Saeng POV

.............................................................................

 

A tired day today .In and I are working on for the closing ceremony tonight.But I need to go to the hospital for a while and check on Joongie.I hope he is showing positive signs by now .I cannot sleep last night thinking of him.Any kind of possibilities that can happen.How can I sleep peacefully when my best friend is lying on the bed with no guarantee of him will wake up the next morning .In watches me quietly during our way to the hospital.I thank God for giving her to me .Be on my side. It helps me feel much better.As we are approaching Joong's ward room,I  see Myung is crying outside the room.Now,I dont feel good.Something is happening,

“Young Saeng shhi !” She cries while calling my name.”Hyun Joong…He…He…I was “ She does not finish her words .I shake her shoulders and says in a slightly louder tone, “Wae?Wae ?” Myung looks at me ,”His heart stops beating .He was moving his fingers but the doctor said he was trying so hard doing the physical move .His body is still weak so he cant seem to sustain the energy .Then it stops..” Finally Myung finishes her words in sobbing .I rush to Joongie’s room and I can see the doctor and nurses are giving him some electrical shock and doing something to his body.Changing wires and stuff .I feel numb .Will I lose him ?

I look at In and she wipes away my tears and I cant help but to hug her .Tight. I feel so weak .But she gives me strenght.Yes her ..Suddenly the doctor comes out from his room and I can see that the doctor is sweating too .”I don’t know what to say…..but it is such a miracle he actually now passes his critical time.He might be still in coma,but the possibility of  any complications to happen is not high .And he maybe can hear your voices.Try to encourage him and talk to him.Who knows he might have the will to recover soon .Oh and ,we already removed the gib on one of his broken legs .The other leg is still not fully recovered .I go first” the doctor walks away .

Im so relieved .Myung asks me to go inside  .As I go in,I start to feel numb again .My friend,a brother,the one who always pull pranks on me is lying now .”Hey buddy !What are you doing here ? Are you feeling lazy to wake up ? I have a lot to tell you .About me and In ,but I wouldn’t tell you now until you open your eyes .Rest well,I go first ” I say to the unresponsive Joong and leave the room .”In,I go and get some coffees for you and Myung ." I say to In and walks downstairs.Well,actually I dont want to let In see my solemn face again .As Im walking to the vending machine,I see Kyu Jong in a hospital attire .What is he doing here ? From his clothes,I can conclude that he is not visiting someone .Maybe he was admitted to hospital but he didn’t tell us anything.I mean ,in time when we were together for the exhibition,he didn’t tell us he sick or so. Have to get the coffee by now .