Chapter 7

➶𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒➶ (DRAFT VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUTHOR

Got busy again. Thanks for waiting. Enjoy!

 

 

 

Minjeong let out a deep sigh as she silently munched on her chicken sandwich. She was sitting on one of the tables alone in the cafeteria as she bitterly watched her best friend, Jimin, laugh enthusiastically at God knows what nonsense Jeno was saying.  

 

  Traitor. She mutters under her breath. 

 

  How could Jimin do this to her? Leave her alone, eating in misery as she flaunts her affection for that jerk. Minjeong scowls. If glares could kill, Jeno would have probably been pinned to the ground with multiple knives down his throat.

 

  She focused on Jimin’s arrow. It was still aiming in her direction. But it didn’t ease the annoyance that she was feeling. 

 

  She gets a bit distracted when Jimin looks back at her. She has this unreadable expression that Minjeong couldn’t fathom. They held gazes. Minjeong wants to express how upset and annoyed she was through her eyes. And it seems like Jimin understood what she wanted to convey, the latter gave her an apologetic look.

 

  But their staring contest got cut short when Kazuha appeared in front of her, blocking Jimin’s view.

 

“Hey, Minjeong!” She greeted her and grinned brightly.

 

“Hey.” Minjeong casually greets back.

 

“Are you alone?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Mind if I sit here?”

 

  Minjeong nods curtly.

 

“What’s up? Why does a cutie like you all alone?” She started munching on an apple. Minjeong was wondering if that’s gonna be enough since the latter doesn’t have a tray of food with her.

 

“I thought you were supposed to eat with your best friend?”

 

  At the mention of her best friend’s name, Minjeong discreetly looks behind Kazuha. Jimin wasn’t looking at her anymore. She seems to be having a good time conversing with Jeno. The scowl on her face deepened.

 

“She ditched me.” She mutters with a hint of annoyance, still staring at Jimin.

 

“Is that her?” Kazuha looks behind, “Wait…” and pauses, “Are you the rumored girlfriend of Yu Jimin?”

 

  Minjeong unconsciously spat the water she was drinking and stared at Kazuha in utter disbelief.

 

“What in the world are you talking about? Rumored what?”

 

  She wasn’t aware that there were such rumors swirling around the campus.

 

“Well, FYI, Jimin is actually pretty famous in our department. So whatever she does is sort of a big deal, especially to those self-identified incels who are legitimately obsessed with her.”

 

  Minjeong listened carefully. Well, she knew that Jimin was well-known but she didn’t know the scope of how popular she was at campus.

 

“So when the rumor came that Jimin had a girlfriend, the whole community was devastated. One time, my friend and I were walking down the hallway through the gym when a fanboy tried to commit suicide on top of the department building while shouting and wailing Jimin’s name and ranting how unfair she was.”

 

“Is that for real?”

 

“I’m not bluffing. The professors succeeded in detaining him, but he passed out from crying too much and choking on his saliva.”

 

“How disgusting.” She grimaced.

 

“Indeed.” Kazuha leaned her elbow on the table, palm on her cheek, and gave Minjeong a cheeky smirk, “So back to my question. Are you and Jimin—”

 

“No.” Minjeong just sighs, “I mean…” She looked behind and immediately locked with Jimin’s eyes staring back at them, but then she averted her eyes almost immediately. Minjeong just narrowed her eyes in confusion, “It’s…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter