Chapter 5

➶𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒➶ (DRAFT VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

AUTHOR

Thanks for waiting! Posted a bit late because of I was working and was so busy. Enjoy!

 

 

 

Jimin didn't know when it all started, seeing Minjeong, her most beloved friend, in a different way. Probably it was before Minjeong and her family went to Japan. But she isn't sure. 

 

  It was just a simple realization, like a passing wind on a summer day. So brief, simple, and inevitable.

 

  It was the kind of territory into which she had never ventured before. The kind of thought that she had never tried considering despite the countless knocks it did through her heart. But when the knocking becomes more frequent, like an inevitable force, Jimin opens the door and embraces it fully with open arms.

 

  Falling for Minjeong is like balancing on one thin wire. If she's not careful, she'll fall, and it'll probably be the end of their precious friendship. Plus, they live in a society where people like her are not truly accepted. Also, to give more ache in her wounded heart, Minjeong has never acted in a way that would hint that she's interested in her romantically.

 

 Jimin probably did the best thing to maintain their long-lasting friendship. And that is to suppress her growing affection for the latter. A very cowardly move, she might say. But her friendship with Minjeong is much more important than her wounded desire.

 

 But of course, every decision she makes has a price to pay. And that is to watch her most beloved friend express interest in other people, which is something that always breaks her heart to witness.

 

 Jimin had thought of ignoring or cutting any bond that was connecting them so that she could save her little, fragile self. But a world without Minjeong is like a world without life. So she never entertained that kind of thought again.

 

 The only person who knows about her secret infatuation with Minjeong is Jeno. She could still remember the conversation they had when he proposed to court her.

 

“I’m sorry, Jeno. I don’t really see you that way.” She confessed truthfully. “I don’t think I could accept your proposal.”

 

“Is it because of her?”

 

“I’m sorry?” Jimin was a bit caught off guard.

 

"Jimin, I have been watching you for as long as I can remember, and every time I do that, I always catch you looking at her.” Jeno simply said with a dejected look on his face, “I know the kind of look that you always give her. I’m familiar with it because that’s how I look at you.” He sighs deeply and continues saying, “It’s just too bad she doesn’t look at you that way.”

 

  She was thankful that Jeno promised that he'd keep her secret from anyone. Jeno is a good person. Probably, if she didn’t fall in love with Minjeong, she might give him a chance.

 

“Are you sure this is what you want?” She heard Jeno say. She tore her gaze from Minjeong and Haechan and focused her attention on him. “Y’know you can try to confess, right?”

“I— I don’t think I have the guts to do that yet.” She looks back at an annoyed-looking Minjeong, glaring at an amused Haechan. She smiled at the view because of how adorable she was.

 

“I see.” Jeno just sighs. “Alright. You can hang out with Minjeong whenever you want, but you promised some movie time with me the other day. I’m not saying no for an answer.”

 

Jimin just sighs defeatedly, “Alright. I can’t believe I’m going to watch Star Wars with a nerd.”

 

“And this nerd will teach you the lore of Star Wars, so be ready.”

 

  That's what happened.

 

 Jimin sighs dejectedly. She was feeling so down after she and Minjeong got separated again to continue with their respective classes. 

 

“Alright. I’ll do as you say. I’ll go out with her.”

 

  Hearing those words was already enough to break her heart into tiny pieces. She knows that urging Minjeong to date someone would hurt, but she didn’t expect that it would hurt this much. She felt like her heart was getting ripped out of her bod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter