Chapter 3

➶𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒➶ (DRAFT VERSION)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Their journey to the vending machine was quite short. 

 

  Minjeong was still a bit bothered by what occurred a while ago. The school’s number one delinquent, Ning Yizhuo, has a crush on her. How did that even happen? They had never had any interaction in the past. How did that develop into an attraction?

  

  It’s not like she dislikes her or anything. It’s just that Yizhuo is a little bit aggressive for her liking. Every time they lock eyes in the hallway, the latter always snarls at her like she wants to start a fight or something. She recalled some of the passive-aggressive insults she heard Yizhuo had given her in the past.

 

“Whatcha’ lookin’ at, nerd?”

“Do you wanna die, sweetcakes?”

“You're so light, the wind could literally just blow you off, and I’ll just watch you get blown away.”

 

   That prompted Minjeong to step as far away as possible from her. But due to what she’d discovered just earlier, she couldn’t help but be intrigued as to when Ning Yizhuo started seeing her in a different way. How curious.

 

 

“You never answer my question.” Jimin hooked an arm around her. She was a bit close for her liking. 

 

  After the love arrow incident a while ago, she'd been pretty much observant about her best friend’s every action.

 

Was Jimin always like this? Was she always oblivious to this?

 

  Well, if a normal bystander would give it a thought, they do act like two lovers on a honeymoon.

 

“What question?”

 

“About Japan, silly.” She frowned and pouted a little.

 

“Oh,” she pauses and intertwines both of their hands out of habit, “it was okay, I guess.”

 

“Minjeong, no one says ‘okay’ after visiting Japan.” Jimin’s thumb was pressing on her skin, making her warm and comfy.

 

“It was okay for me, I guess,” she mutters yet again. 

 

  She’s wondering if she could tell Jimin about her ability, but then again, she decides not to. She couldn’t imagine what Jimin would feel if she said that she could see her love arrow pointing at her.

 

“I think it might have been better if I were with you,” she said instead. It wasn’t a lie. She really does believe that Jimin would make everything better, even if they were just lounging around lazily in their rooms.

 

“That makes me feel glad.” Jimin tugs her hand a little, making Minjeong stop walking.

 

“What?” She faced a grinning Jimin. Her eyes were playfully twinkling. 

 

Were her eyes always this beautiful? She asked herself. 

 

“It makes me feel glad that you’d rather spend your time with me.”

 

  At that moment, she felt something that she’d never experienced before explode within her. And Jimin has this dorky yet adorable look on her face that is causing all this sudden turmoil inside.

 

“O-Of course! You’re my best friend!” Minjeong was baffled about her unexpected stammering. It was very uncharacteristic of her.

 

  Is this what it feels like to have heart palpitations? She asked no one. She might end up in the hospital if this continues — if Jimin continues.

 

 Before Jimin could even resume her harmless assault, a voice saved Minjeong’s heart from a near-death heart palpitation incident. She would never expect that there would be a time when she would feel grateful to hear Jeno’s voice.

 

“Jimin!” He flashes a boyish smirk that makes Minjeong cringe for no apparent reason. 

 

  He didn’t acknowledge Minjeong’s presence so she didn’t say anything to him either. Haechan, one of their classmates, was walking beside him. She gave a little nod to him and he does the same too while smiling politely.

 

“Hey, just wanna ask if you’d like to have lunch together later.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter