eight.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nina and Princess Ayaka got no sleep for the rest of the night. After reporting what happened to security, the Hinode palace went on lockdown. Medical officials went to the bedroom to clean the scene and recover the body, while a short investigation begun. The two of them wouldn't be able to return to their bedroom even if they wanted to.

The two of them stayed with a group of Nichibotsu royal guards until the morning came. By then, an emergency meeting was called for everyone there from the Nichibotsu Kingdom to attend, plus some Hinode officials. The purpose of the meeting was to clear up some information obtained and answer any questions.

"The attacker has been identified as a Hinode army soldier named Eri," the head Nichibotsu guard explained to the crowd consisting of Nichibotsu guards, Nina and Ayaka, and of course... Queen Aina. "She was known to be very passionate about the war."

There were a few Hinode officials present as well, as this was their palace after all. After speaking, the head guard called one up in front of the crowd, stepping aside for her. The Hinode official, which seemed to be a guard of some sort, cleared before speaking. 

"On the behalf of the Hinode Kingdom, we apologize for what ocurred last night," the Hinode guard spoke, straightening her jacket. "Moving forward, we will enforce new guarding measures to ensure that the Nichibotsu royalty are safe during their stay here."

"Thank you," the Nichibotsu guard responded before taking her spot once again.

Nina took a moment to glance over at Queen Aina. The queen had her arms crossed and she had a cold expression on her face. She was pissed and it was clear that she wasn't buying a thing that the Hinode guard was saying. 

"And what exactly are these new guarding measures?" Queen Aina asked, sounding frustrated that the attacker was even able to get past security in the first place. "Ayaka is my only daughter. If she is killed, then the Nichibotsu Kingdom would be without a heir," she explained how much her daughter's safety meant to her. "In that case, when I die, the Nichibotsu Kingdom dies along with me."

The Hinode guard stepped forward again, letting out a small sigh. 

"Your majesty," she spoke up clearly. "We will be assigning more guards to defend the bedroom shared by Princess Ayaka and Private Hillman specifically," she responded, hoping that the queen would no longer doubt their efforts. "We understand exactly how important you and Princess Ayaka are to the Nichibotsu Kingdom. We will do everything in our power to ensure that this would never happen again."

"Now, that is what I like to hear," Queen Aina nodded with a small smile. "Thank you," she told them. She still seemed a bit upset though and reasonably so. Her only daughter was nearly murdered last night. 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter