three.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday arrived before Nina knew it. 

She was very worried about the trip, dealing with sleepless nights alone in the spare bedroom the queen told her to stay in. She was still unsure if she could be trusted to protect someone so important. Plus, if she failed, her whole career would be over. 

But, Nina knew she could not back out. So, she bravely walked out of the palace and over to the carriages that were outside for the people going on the trip to the Hinode Kingdom. 

She made sure she had everything she needed. She had all of her belongings, and most importantly, her sword.

When Nina stepped outside, she was immediately greeted by a palace maid, who bowed to her. 

"You will be in the second carriage down alongside the princess," the maid informed her, making sure she knew where to go. 

"Thank you," Nina was grateful, giving the maid a curt nod before walking over to the unicorn-drawn carriage.

The carriages were fancy and elegant, they were shiny and had durible wheels that seemed perfect to take them through grasslands and forests. 

When Nina got to the carriage, Princess Ayaka was already inside, seemingly waiting for Nina. Nina's heart pounded as she made her way in, unable to look over at the princess at first. She knew her poor heart couldn't take it.

"Good morning, Private Hillman," Ayaka greeted her, smiling as she gave a small wave.

"Good morning, your highness," Nina bowed her head, sitting in her spot next to the princess. 

"No need to call me that," Ayaka shook her head. "Just call me Ayaka."

"Okay... Ayaka," Nina felt like it wasn't right to call her by her first name. Ayaka was a princess, she should be treated with full respect and in a formal manner. But, since it was what the princess preferred, she decided she'd start calling her that anyway. Maybe over time she'd get used to it. "Then, make sure to call me Nina. It would be only fair."

"Okay, Nina," Ayaka gave a small giggle, finding pleasure with the whole situation. "I can't wait to get to know you."

Nina felt her face grow warm with Ayaka's words. The princess... wants to get to know her? But why?

She didn't respond, only looking out of the opening of the carriage, unable to look back at Ayaka. 

Ayaka felt confused by Nina's mannerisms. Why wasn't she looking at her in the eye? This pretty Nina girl was an odd one, that's for sure. 

It wasn't showing on the outside, but on the inside, Ayaka was terrified. She hadn't visited the Hinode Kingdom ever since before their entire army had tried to kill her. Her visit would be the perfect opportunity for someone to try it again. However, she knew that this time she had Nina by her side, so she shouldn't worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter