thirteen.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday arrived slowly. It seemed like time moved really slow when you were looking forward to something. 

But it eventually arrived and Nina was beyond excited. After the army finished patrolling for the evening, Nina packed a few belongings, expecting to spend the night. Then, she left without a word to anyone else. She did not want to explain it… or receive any more teasing from anybody. Mayuka alone has enough already. 

Nina traveled there by unicorn and when she arrived, she had no problem getting past the royal guards. They recognized her and welcomed her in the palace freely with no explanations. She began to travel her way to Ayaka’s bedroom, but it seemed like Ayaka was waiting for her. 

Ayaka stood at the top of the set of marble stairs, waiting for Nina rather impatiently. She fiddled with her fingers out of nervous excitement. When she finally spotted Nina making her way up the stairs, she gasped and hurried down to catch up with her. She held her gown so she wouldn’t trip on it as she reached Nina and pulled her into a tight embrace. 

Nina was shocked by the sudden hug attack, but accepted it and hugged Ayaka back. She missed her a lot, but it seemed like Ayaka missed her even more. 

As soon as they left their embrace, Ayaka, who was a step higher than Nina, left a gentle kiss on Nina’s forehead, grabbing onto her hand. 

“Let’s go to my bedroom,” Ayaka whispered, trying to be discreet, but the suggestion only made Nina become flustered. 

“O-Okay!” Nina responded, sounding rather nervous as Ayaka began to make her way back up the stairs, holding onto her hand tightly still.

They quietly made their way down the shiny halls and over to Ayaka’s bedroom. They entered together and closed the door behind them before turning to look at each other once more. 

“You know, meeting once a week was such an amazing idea,” Ayaka spoke up as she walked to her bed, sitting down. “I had no idea you had not only beauty and brawn, but brains too,” she giggled. 

“Don’t get me wrong. I’m not the smartest person out there,” Nina chuckled as she took a seat next to Ayaka. 

“You have great ideas at least,” Ayaka complimented. “If only I thought of it first.”

Nina laughed, blushing a little as she held eye contact with Ayaka. 

“You can spend the night any time you’d like though,” Ayaka smiled softly, her voice had a sultry tone to it that made Nina slightly flustered. 

“Oh. I’ll have to keep that in mind then,” Nina smiled rather shyly, breaking eye contact for a moment. But Ayaka kept her gaze on Nina, taking in her features which she missed so much.

“In that case… I have something I want to ask you,” Ayaka mentioned with a small sigh, her tone becoming suddenly serious. “What are we, Nina? You don’t want to get married to me, but you keep showing interest in me. It’s confusing,” she asked curiously, hoping for an answer that made sense. “On the day you left me, you told me you had feelings for me… but you re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter