six.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the day, Princess Ayaka had to attend important meetings between the Nichibotsu and Hinode royal families, army top generals, and with other top authorities. 

Meanwhile, Nina spent the day catching up on sleep mostly. But whenever she was awake, she couldn't help but worry about Ayaka. She would be just fine without her near, right? The royal guards will do what they can to protect her during these meetings, right?

Nina had no choice but to assume so. Ayaka had insisted that Nina gets some sleep, so that was what she was doing most of the day. But since she did not want another sleepless night, she spent the day doing other things as well. 

Nina did not feel comfortable leaving the bedroom all by herself, unless it was to use the bathroom that was right across the hall. If it were the Nichibotsu Kingdom's royal palace, she would be spending the whole day exploring. But here, she did not feel safe doing that. Hinode people wouldn't hesitate to kill her, either, despite her low rank in the army. Perhaps someone would want to kill her so they can kill Ayaka more easily. That was the last thing that Nina wanted. 

So, she passed time by practicing with her sword.

Army swords were very sleek and durable. The shiny silver blades were very thin, yet sharp. This made the sword lightweight yet more deadly. It could stab right through a person no problem.

That is exactly why every army soldier needs at least two years of training before being able to go out into battle. With such a dangerous sword, there is a risk of accidents. So, intense training is needed. Training starts off less dangerous swords before slowly moving up to the standard army sword. If that wasn't the case, then a lot of people would've tragically been killed on accident.

Nina had struggled with the training before. At the start, she had a lot of interest in joining the army so she can earn some money to help her family, but she was very weak. She had to wake up at dawn every morning and do some intense exercises in order to build some muscle.

Training was very hard, but it helped Nina become such a strong soldier. She is the youngest Nichibotsu soldier at the moment, yet she has a lot of potential. So much  that General Yamaguchi had selected her to become the personal bodyguard for Princess Ayaka for this trip. Nina did not understand why she was chosen, but everyone else seemed to. Nina is strong but very humble, which makes a lot of soldiers like her. 

As soon as Nina finished practicing, Ayaka conveniently returned from her final meeting. 

"I'm exhausted," Ayaka exhaled as she entered the room, shoulders drooping. "Everything go well here? Did you sleep well?"

"Y-Yeah, I slept fine," Nina admitted, her face turning slightly pink. Even when she was tired, Ayaka looked stunning. 

"That's good," Ayaka responded as she plopped down onto the soft bed. She laid there for a moment, closing her eyes, before sitting back up to look to Nina. "Do you think you'll be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter