five.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before they knew it, the sun set across the horizon, making the bright stars in the sky visible once more. 

Nina was extremely nervous. She never thought she would ever get the opportunity to sleep next to the princess of all people. Honestly, she did not know what to do with herself.

Nina fidgeted with her hands nervously as Ayaka was in the bathroom brushing her teeth, waiting for her to get back so she could ask how she would like the bed to be fixed. 

When Ayaka returned, she quickly picked up on Nina's nervous energy. She looked to her as she held her small stylized bag filled with hygiene necessities. 

"Nina, what's wrong?" She asked with concern. 

"What? Nothing," Nina lied. She did not want to make it more awkward than it already was.

Ayaka wasn't sure she believed her, but she stepped aside and returned her bag with the rest of her belongings. 

"If you're worried about sharing a bed with me," Ayaka began, letting out a soft exhale. "I promise I do not snore, kick, or anything in my sleep. I will leave you alone the whole night."

"So... how would you like the bed?" Nina asked curiously, seeming to dismiss Ayaka's words. To be honest, she wasn't even sure how herself preferred the bed. She hadn't slept in an actual bed for two years now. At the Nichibotsu palace, she was just doing whatever felt comfortable to her. But, she had no idea what Ayaka's preferences were.

"As long as it feels comfortable, I really don't care," Ayaka responded. "What about you?"

"Me too," Nina responded quite honestly. "T-Then this should be easy," she spoke as she began to move the sheets around a bit and lay the pillows down. "I'm used to sleeping in a sleeping bag so... sleeping in a bed is an honor in itself."

"I imagine," Ayaka smiled warmly. "Make yourself comfortable."

Ayaka was first to get into bed, getting in on the right side and started to get beneath the covers. Nina gulped hard, feeling nervous as she took a moment to watch. Then, she hesitantly got into bed as well, starting off by only slipping her legs beneath the covers.

The bed was extremely comfortable, that was for sure. It was similar to the guest beds in the Nichibotsu palace which Nina slept in. 

Ayaka made herself comfortable, resting her head down on the soft pillow. She to her left side to face Nina, then slowly closed her eyes. 

"Goodnight Nina," she spoke, her eyes starting to grow heavy. It was a long day. "I hope you sleep well."

"Goodnight Ayaka. I hope you do too," Nina responded, trying her best not to seem so anxious. 

It seemed like Ayaka fell asleep almost immediately, but Nina was wide awake. She was nervous, but also not very tired from napping earlier. Her heart was pounding fast and the butterflies in her stomach were going crazy, but she was not so sure why.

Ayaka only made it all worse. In her sleep, she had scooted closer to Nina and wrapped an arm around her, holding her close as if she were a teddy bear. Nina instinctively almost pushed Ayaka away, but instead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter