sixteen.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Spring day, the war that had been going on for decades came to a sudden halt. 

It left Nina completely shocked. She found it unbelievable that the queens of both kingdoms would suddenly call an end to the war. But today, that was what happened. 

The soldiers began to gather their belongings to head to the capital city to find a place in their new, post-war lives. For many of the soldiers, they had nothing to go back to. Most of the higher ranked soldiers were given roles as new royal guards, but with the war over, there was no need for the army anymore. 

Nina couldn’t help but feel devastated. Ever since she was a little girl, she dreamed of being an army soldier, despite her mothers’ disapproval. Now, her lifelong dream suddenly came to a halt and she had no idea what to feel or think. 

As Nina packed her belongings, she wondered what she was going to do. She could give the royalties she’d earned as a soldier back to her family and move back in with them. But, that didn’t sound so pleasant. All her family has been unsupportive of her since the start, so she couldn’t imagine being stuck living with them again. 

So, another thought crossed Nina’s mind, one that sounded much more pleasant to her. She could move into the palace with Princess Ayaka, just like she wanted. Since Nina had no job to go to, she was now rethinking the idea of getting married to Ayaka. 

The main factor keeping Nina from marrying Ayaka was her love of being a soldier. But, now that her time as a soldier had abruptly ended, she now truly considered getting married to the princess. If she married her girlfriend, she would practically be set for life. There was no way she could be poor ever again.

There was nothing else for Nina to do but go to the palace and request to move in with Princess Ayaka. 

Nina then rode on the back of a unicorn to the capital city of the Nichibotsu Kingdom, ready to spend the rest of her life as Princess Ayaka’s lover and protector. 

As Nina arrived, she was greeted by the royal guards, who were seemingly expecting her arrival. Everyone who knew Nina expected her to come right to the palace after the end of the war, especially the princess. 

“The war is over so Private Hillman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter