eighteen.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“On this day, we celebrate the crowning of a new queen…”

The coronation started smoothly, with a large crowd of noblewomen who came to watch the historical event. Many people gathered near the palace to celebrate and the capital city of the Nichibotsu Kingdom was full of festivities. It was an exciting time for the kingdom and the mark of a new, peaceful beginning. 

Nina had front row seats to the coronation as the rising queen’s future wife. She was beyond excited to watch the love of her life be crowned queen, then break some very exciting news to her after. 

Meanwhile, Ayaka was beyond nervous. As royal maids and stylists put the finishing touches on her gown and put some makeup on her face, she was clearly anxious. Her eyes were wide, her breathing was rapid and shallow, and her body kept shaking a little. It didn’t take long for the people around her to notice. 

“No need to be nervous, dearie,” a maid, one who helped raise Ayaka since she was a baby, told her as she straightened out the gown. “Everything will go just fine.”

When it was time for Ayaka to make her grand entrance, she gulped hard and stepped forward. She was clearly nervous, but did her best to stay calm. This was in discussion for a while now, and she knew that she would have to do this at some point, but she had no idea it would be so soon.

As Ayaka stepped to the front, she turned to her mother, who was standing in front of her with a smile on her face. Usually, it was the highest ranked royal guard who put the crown on the new queen’s head. But, this time, it was going to be Ayaka’s mother. The former queen. 

“We shall now begin the official crowning of our new queen,” the speaker, who just so happened to be General Yamaguchi, announced. 

“By tradition, it is the head royal guard who crowns the new queen,” Aina spoke up to the crowd. “But, since I am still standing before you, we are going to break a tradition just today for this special coronation.”

It was a rare occurrence for a queen to step down from her position rather than be queen until she passes away, so it was a special occasion. 

“Please bring out the crown,” General Yamaguchi spoke as a maid stepped out, carrying a purple cushion with the fragile golden crown sitting on top of it. The maid walked over to the former queen, handing the crown off to her. 

“Thank you,” Aina nodded as she took the crown in her hands gently, the same one that was on her head just yesterday. It was the crown of her mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and so on. But now, it was her daughter’s turn to wear it. 

“Ayaka,” Aina spoke proudly as she watched her daughter shakily get down on her knees, getting ready to accept the crown. She held the crown over Ayaka’s head, smiling down a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter