four.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a long journey to the Hinode Kingdom. Nina slept peacefully through the most of it, finally catching up on the sleep that she missed out on the night before.

Nina's eyes were heavy as they slowly opened. Finally, they had arrived at the capital city of the Hinode Kingdom. Despite having just woke up, she had to be on high alert once again. Princess Ayaka is now in constant danger, at the enemy's home base, so Nina had to do everything in her power to protect her.

She turned to look to the princess, whose eyes were a bit wider than before and she seemed a bit jittery. She was shaky, looking around from all directions. Catching onto the fact that Ayaka was nervous, Nina reached over and grabbed Ayaka's hand with her own. She gently squeezed her hand to try to comfort her and assure her everything was going to be just fine. 

"Thank you," Ayaka spoke quietly, clearly appreciating the kind gesture from the soldier.

"I will keep you safe. I assure you," Nina spoke, although she still wasn't so sure about it herself.

The carriages headed straight for the Hinode Kingdom's royal palace, not wanting to risk any stops. Believe it or not, the commonpeople were far more violent than the royals. They were known to go rogue and attack their enemies themselves. The same goes for the Nichibotsu commonfolk.

As soon as everyone arrived at the palace's gates, they opened for them immediately, no questioning needed. They knew who they were and what they were here for. The group of carriages stopped in front of the main palace door, which was very large and up a tall set of stairs, which made Nina gasp in awe.

"Woah, it's beautiful," she spoke as she admired the palace. "Not as beautiful as our palace, of course," she made sure to add, looking over to Ayaka with a small smile.

Or as beautiful as Princess Ayaka herself.

A few bodyguards headed in first, with Queen Aina following closely behind. 

After a few minutes passed, a guard came by to tell Princess Ayaka and Nina that they could go in. So, the two of them began to make their way out of their carriage. Nina got out first, holding her hand out to Ayaka to help her down so she did not lose her balance.

Ayaka wasn't a fan at first, since she could definitely make it out on her own. But, she warmed up to it, thinking the gesture was sweet as she grabbed onto Nina's hand and made her way out. 

They then began to head up the shining marble stairs together, with a few guards following behind.

Nina took a moment to feel around her waist and make sure her sword was still in its sheath. Thankfully, it was, so Nina's worries went away. She needed to make sure she could protect Ayaka if anything were to happen.

When they made it inside the large doors, Queen Aina was inside waiting for them: She took a moment to talk to them both to tell them what she had just learned.

"Girls, I just spoke to Queen Mina," Queen Aina mentioned as she turned to the two of them. "Unfortunately, there is not enough space for everyone to have their own room, so you two will have to share a room during our stay here," she explained, not seeming to care too much. "I believe it would be better for Ayaka's safety anyways," she added with a small shrug. "Guest Room 3 should be yours. The room key should be waiting for you on the nightstand, according to Queen Mina," she informed them. "Feel free to talk to any of the maids if you need anything. They are generally kind."

"Thank you, your majesty," Nina took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter