seven.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Neither Ayaka nor Nina could have predicted what ended up happening the next night. 

The two of them got into bed together and peacefully went to sleep. It was still awkward for Nina, but it felt like each night was starting to become less and less awkward for her. Maybe she could eventually get used to sleeping in the same bed as the princess after all.

Though, Nina suddenly woke up late at night by the sound of glass shattering. 

Nina shot up immediately, ready to get in defense mode. She reached for her sword's sheath, which was placed right beside the bed. There, right by the bed, stood a dark figure. 

It was none other than a Hinode vigilante, who had a masked face to hide her identity. At that moment, Nina knew... she was here to kill Princess Ayaka.

Nina reacted fast, pulling her sword out of its sheath as she quickly got up out of bed. Ayaka let out a scream from panic, but Nina knew she had to do whatever she could. She could not let Ayaka die on her watch, even if it costed her own life. 

Nina engaged in an intense sword fight with the intruder, the sound of metal clashing echoing the room. They kept going, with their skills nearly matching. Nina wondered if this person was a Hinode soldier. 

Though, finally, Nina was able to overtake her. With a quick swipe of her sword, she was able to knock the intruder's sword right out of her hands. At that moment, Nina knew she could not waste any time. 

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes," Nina said as the final words the intruder would ever hear. She reached her sword back as far as she could. Then, before the intruder could attempt to dodge, she stabbed her right in the abdomen. As that happened, the intruder let out a blood-curdling scream.

Nina quickly pulled her sword out, allowing the blood to rush out of the deep wound in the intruder's midsection. The life slowly faded out of the intruder's eyes as she fell limp to the ground. She tried to kill Princess Ayaka, but now she was dead, and Nina had killed her. 

The first thing Nina thought about right after was Ayaka. She looked over, still holding onto her bloodied sword. 

"A-Are you okay?" Nina asked, still sounding panicked as her heart pounded hard in her chest.

"Y-Yeah... I-I'm fine..." Ayaka's voice was weak. She sounded terrified. "A bit shaken up, though..."

Nina glanced back over at the dead body on the floor, which was still leaking lots of blood, before looking back to Ayaka. 

"There's nothing to worry about anymore. S-She's dead," Nina assured her. She walked over to the window to take a peek out of it, making sure that there was not more than one person here to end Ayaka's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter