prologue.

love is like magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I suddenly woke up from my slumber, hearing a loud booming sound and the sound of people shouting. 

I was instantly filled with panic as I feared for the worst. My heart was pounding in my chest like crazy, but I quickly sat up in my bed. I reached for my cell phone, which was laying on my nightstand, charging. 

I quickly unlocked it and tried to look up Nichibotsu news. What I ended up seeing was worse than I expected.

A breaking news article was posted only a few minutes ago, declaring an emergency for the Nichibotsu Kingdom.

The capital city was raided by the full Hinode army. Hundreds to thousands of soldiers had ambushed the Nichibotsu Kingdom in the middle of the night. 

The article said that there were here with the goal of... killing me?

I am Princess Ayaka, the heir to the Nichibotsu throne. I am the only daughter of the Queen Aina. After my other mother had died when I was little, my mother refused to remarry or have children with someone else.

So, if I were to die, the whole royal family would collapse. There would be no one to take my mother's place as queen after she died... and the kingdom would be chaos.

It all explains why my mother is so protective of me. I'm her only daughter. She is like a hawk, always having her eyes on me. I hate it, though. I wish I could do everything I wanted to without my mother's eyes on me all the time.

But at this moment, all I wanted was comfort from my mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter