Chapter 3: Double Booking

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

Yeonjun’s POV

  • Earlier that afternoon -

After disembarking the plane. I received a call from Jisoo-hyung, our manager.

Yeonjun-ah, can you wait for some time. I’m having difficulty contacting the car rental company. I can’t get through to their line,” said by Jisoo-hyung on the other end of the line.

Hyung, it’s okay. I can just take the local bus going to Damyang-gun,” I suggested to him.

B-but there might be a lot of people and how can you go around the town without a car?” Jisoo-hyung worriedly asked.

It’s okay, Jisoo-hyung. I can take care of myself. Remember this is my solo vacation. I even successfully rode the plane without being discovered. I will be more exposed if I will stay put in one place, waiting for the car rental. And you mentioned that there is a scooter that the owner is willing to lent us. I can be just fine riding that around the town,” I tried to convince Jisoo-hyung.

Hayyyyyyyyys,” I heard a long sigh from him. “Okay. Okay. I will let you do what you want this time. But please be safe. Contact me if you are having difficulty,” he paused for a bit. “Yeonjun-ah, you have been working so hard these past years with your members. You are doing great. You should enjoy your vacation. See you soon,” Jisoo-hyung then hang up the phone.

Hearing that from Jisoo-hyung, I can’t help but to feel moved.

I am doing great. We are working hard,” I repeated to myself.

I continue walking to the bus terminal, still wearing my hoodie up and with my facemask on. It seemed that I missed the first bus. I went to the next bus and sat on the end of the bus by the window seat.

After some time, the bus started moving. I recalled the pretty lady I met at the flight earlier. I can’t believe how shameless I was to sleep on the shoulder of a lady I just met, and I felt so comfortable that I was in deep sleep. I even held her hand.

Remembering the embarrassment, I just put both of my hands on my face.

But it was a nice encounter, she is a nice person I could tell. She is pretty too and adorable. I remember how she ate the cookie and how the chocolate was all over and cheeks. That memory brought a smile on my face unknowingly.

I hope I can meet her again,” I mumbled to myself smiling.

I looked outside the bus window and I see trees, bushes and fields in autumn colors. The leaves are starting to fall out from the trees. I looked up the sky and dark clouds started hovering to each other. I saw small drops of rain on the window.

Geez, it started raining,” I told to myself. I got my phone and checked my location. I am almost near the station. I think that I can take a quick ran to the accommodation since the rain is not that pouring hard, I thought.

The bus pulled on to a stop. I get off and started running. However, right before reaching the rental house, the rain poured harder. I speed up my run, passed the gate and courtyard, and reached the house façade.

I found shelter on the façade roofing. I got my phone from my pocket and check the rental details. I scrolled over the message of the owner and hurriedly find the code for the door lock. It is freezing outside, heavy rain in autumn evening.

I was about to push in the code, when I observed that the lights are on inside though the window silhouette. I just thought that maybe the owners left it just like that. I pushed any other thoughts away, as I need to be warm to avoid getting sick.

I entered the passcode. The door opened. I was more confused, because I found boots in the doorway. I continue to walk inside the house and even saw a luggage beside the huge couch.

Am I in the correct place?” I asked myself. I immediately got my phone and check my GPS location and the address of the booked vacation house.

 “It’s the same location. Well, I even encode the correct passcode and enter the house,” I murmured to myself.

I hear a sound of gushing water inside the bathroom. I walked towards the bathroom door and called “Anyone there?” I called a lot of times but no one is answering.

I decided to open the door.

However, when I opened the door, someone suddenly pushed me down on the floor! It was a loud bang. I can feel the impact on my back. I slowly open my eyes to see what happened and who pushed me down violently.

I was astounded to see Y/N in front of me. I was just thinking of seeing her again and yet, she appeared all of a sudden, on top of me.

Y/N?

Y-yeon-jun?

I then realized what position we are currently in. I am lying on the floor and she is on top of me. And she…she…she is almost ! For God’s sake, it is not my intention to see her and her body like that. I can feel that my face is turning into tomato in embarrassment.

She stared at me shocked. "Why are you here? What are you doing here?!"

"I-I...." I stuttered.

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" she shrieked in embarrassment. "Please close your eyes! Close your eyes! 재발 (jaebal)!"

I closed my eyes tight, "My eyes are fully shut, please get up and put on your clothes. Please". I was pleading with my red as tomato ears.

I felt that she moved up and heard her footsteps running far from my direction.

Please tell me when to open my eyes, “I told her.

I’m already inside the room. You can open your eyes now,” you heard her shout from the nearest bedroom.

Let’s talk later, when we’re properly settled,” I told her as I stood up and got my baggage.

I am drenched too because of the rain. I need to have a warm bath and a change of clothes.

Normal POV

You are so embarrassed for what had happened in front of the bathroom door. Yes, you are 23 years old already, an adult yet you’ve never even had your first boyfriend. You were so busy with your career since childhood until now. And you do not have much time to spare on dating. You have onscreen partner but that will NOT definitely count as dating. Yet, yet you exposed your self to a man you just met.

Aaaarrrrrghhhh,” you want to pull all of your hair out in embarrassment. “How will I able to marry now?” you cried. “Aaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You are already properly dressed. You are wearing a white oversized knitted sweater paired with red skirt and warm black tights. It’s been 30 minutes since you went inside the bedroom. You know you need to go out to talk and sort things out.

It seems Yeonjun heard your silent scream, and he asked from the outside, “Are you okay, Y/N? Is there any problem

Yes, you are the problem. I am so embarrassed to face you,” you quietly murmured to yourself.

What?” You heard Yeonjun asked.

What kind of ears does he have. Did he just hear what you said. You responded to him, “Nothing. I’ll be out soon.

You really do not have much of a choice. So, you pulled whatever braveness and confidence left with you, and you opened the bedroom door.

You find Yeonjun sitting in the couched facing the television. You walked stiffly and sat down on farthest end of the couch far away from him.

Your eyes are looking away from him. You really cannot face him.

Y/N” he started. “It was an accident. But still, let me apologize to you for what happened earlier. It was really embarrassing, I know. But I hope we can forget that accident and let’s not be awkward to each other, I hope.”

You slowly turned your head on his direction and meet his eyes.

I-I’ll try,” you responded meekly.

And do not worry, you will still be able to get married as I did not see anything earlier,” Yeonjun smirked.

Y-you! You heard that?” you asked panicky. You can feel your cheeks are starting to blush.

Traditional houses have no good sound proofing, Ms. Tourist,” his smirked gets wider.

Now that you can see him without his hoodie and face mask on, you can appreciate more his features. He is definitely handsome. Even with just wearing plain gray sweater and pants. He still looks attractive.

You tried to distract yourself from those thoughts. You changed the topic into a more serious one. “So, how come that you are here on my accommodation?” you asked him.

“I was wondering about that too. My mana-, I mean my friend booked this cottage a week ago for 5 days and I even received a confirmation email,” Yeonjun explained.

I think, we also booked this place a week ago for 5 days. And received also a confirmation email. Hold on, let me just make a call.” You walked near the sliding door on the living area. You can’t really go outside since it’s raining a lot and the signal in the bedroom are not good.

Hello, Ate karen. I’m already here in the accommodation. May problema ako ( I have a problem). May isang guest dito na kinaclaim na binooked din niya yung rental house (There is another guest here who was claiming that he also booked the rental house). Can you check with the owner kung anong nangyari? (Can you check with the owner what happened) Double booking ba ito? (Is this double booking). Please do this quickly, Ate Karen. I’m having difficulty. I’ll wait for your feedback,” You ended your phone call with your manager.

You returned to your seat. You found Yeonjun looking at his phone.

Any updates?” you asked.

I think, there is a fault on the booking,” Yeonjun confessed.

Fault?” you repeated.

I was checking the booking details. Then, I noticed that only a room was booked, not the entire house,” he showed you the booking details on his phone.

Maybe, that’s also the case for you,” he added.

So, what will we do? I don’t think we can find a hotel or rental house during this time on this type of weather. And I also don’t think it’s fair to send out either one of us, because we booked and paid the rental properly.” You take a deep breath. “I suggest to just proceed with this arrangement. There are locks on each bedroom and we are just few minutes away from the police station.

Yeonjun seems a bit shocked on your proposition, “you are really a brave lady. Are you confident enough that I won’t do anything bad to you? Do you think I’m a nice person?” he asked you.

You suddenly stood up and kicked high in the air, “I am a taekwondo black belter. I just need to kick you in the crotch if you do anything weird.”

Hahahaha,” Yeonjun laughed. “You are really amusing, Y/N. Worry not. I am a gentleman and I will not take advantage of you.” He assured you flashing you a warm smile.

Then your phone rings.

You picked it up, “Hello, Y/N. I talked with the owner. May mali ako, isang room lang ang nabook ko, hindi ang buong bahay (I’m at fault. I only booked a room not the entire house). I’m really sorry.”

You talked in taglish so Yeonjun won’t understand what you will tell to your manager. Because you plan to tell a lie to her, so that she won’t worry about you. “Huwag kang mag-alala, Ate Karen. Babae naman yung isang guest. Ipush na lang yung arrangement. Saka malapit naman yung police station dito. (Don’t worry, Ate Karen. The other guest here is female. Just push this arrangement. The police station is also near here),” you assured your manager and made her agreed on your suggestion.

You stood up and walked towards Yeonjun.

It seems that your right. My friend also booked a room, not the entire house. My friend talked to the owner already. So, I guess we’re housemates for 5 days,” you flashed a warm smile to Yeonjun. “Let’s be nice to each other, housemate,” you extended your arm towards him to shake his hand.

He reached for your hand, when suddenly a loud thunder roared with flashes of lighting outside. The lights inside the house even fluctuated.

You are very startled. You suddenly jumped in Yeonjun’s lap and cooped your face on his shoulder.  

Is this counted being nice to each other?” you heard Yeonjun whispered on your ear, “housemate.”

This will be a long and memorable vacation. You thought to yourself.