Chapter 4: Stormy Night

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

Yeonjun’s POV

I am already lying on the bed. It is an eventful day and I met someone who is very interesting.

When I remember how Y/N squeezed into my arms and jumped into my lap when the lighting strikes earlier.

She was really pretty and adorable,” I spoked to myself. Somehow, I can feel that I won’t regret sharing this vacation house with her. This will be a very memorable vacation. A smile came across my face.

I am staring to the light when suddenly it flickers. Once. Twice. Then the lights went out. Then, lighting strikes again and I can also hear the roaring thunder outside.

I suddenly thought of Y/N.

She seems to be scared of lighting and thunder. Also, the power was out. She might be having difficulty. I immediately got up and went outside my room. I hurriedly went to Y/N’s door entrance and knocked.

Y/N, are you okay?”  I called from the outside. After calling for a few more times, no one is still responding. I decided to open the door. Surprisingly, it was not lock.

I entered her room. But she is not even on her bed. I look around the place. But I cannot see her.

Y/N, where are you?” I called again.

Then, I spotted a wooden cabinet on the corner. And from where I am standing, I can see a piece of cloth in between the cabinet door.

Y/N, are you in there?” I stepped closer to the cabinet.

Are you afraid of thunder and lightning? Why did you lock yourself in there?” I hold the cabinet knobs, trying to pull it open. “It seems that you are really scared, seeing you locked yourself up like that.”

I-Im a-alright. I-Im u-used to get over things like this…. alone….by myself. D-don’t m-mind me,” I can hear her shaky voice from the outside.

Alone? But you’re not alone now,” I paused. “I’m right here.

I pulled the knob open. There, I saw her curling down, her face hiding on her knees. Her whole body is shaking.

You can come out now,” I extended my hand toward her. She raised her head and looked up to me.

Then suddenly lighting strikes again and thunder roars. She suddenly leaped out from the cabinet and embraced me tightly.

I noticed that her body keeps on shaking. I am feeling hesitant to wrap my arms around her. But I guess she needs it this time. So, I carefully wrapped my arms around her.

You don’t have to be afraid. You’re not alone now. I’m right here,” I whispered to her softly. “It will be okay.” I assured her.

After calming her, we decided to find some emergency light or even candles with matches. She is following me around. She looks like an extremely adorable puppy clinging to its owner. She is holding tightly on the hem of my sweater.

Maybe it’s somewhere here in the kitchen drawers,” I ducked down and open some kitchen drawers. After some time searching, I spotted an emergency lamp on one of the kitchen shelves. I got it and tried to turn it on. Lucky enough, it .

We went to the living area and sat down. She sat down beside me. The lightning keeps on striking and then one loud thunder bellowed. Y/N suddenly hugged my arm.

I-I’m sorry for this, b-but let me borrow your arm for a bit,” she pleaded.

S-sure,” I can hear my heart starts to beat faster. I am glad that it’s dark. She will not notice how red my face is.

U-uhmm, with this continuous rain, thunder and lighting, and also having no electricity and just finding only one emergency lamp. I guess, we should just sleep both in the living room,” I suggested a bit feeling embarrassed.

We just met today and errr, we will spend the night together…I mean sleep…just sleep…together. I need to cleanse my mind. Definitely. Yeonjun you are a gentleman. I reminded myself.

W-what?” she shrieked, raising her face to looked at me.

Well, if you can sleep alone with all the lighting and thunder. Then be it. I can give you the light. I can just sleep fine in the dark,” I responded.

O-Okay. B-but don’t you every lay even a finger on me!” she demanded.

Oh. Looks who’s clinging on me right now,” I chuckled.

Then she immediately moved away. I chucked more.

We got our cushions, blankets and pillows from our rooms. We laid them down on the center of the living area. She insisted to put the biggest pillow between our cushions.

You cannot go over this pillow barricade, understood,” she said fiercely. “And no funny and weird business when I’m sleeping.”

Yes, yes, yes Ma’am. I’m a gentleman. I won’t take advantage of you,” I raised my right hand as pledged of good boy.

We laid down and cover ourselves with blanket. The lighting and thunder still keep on going. I am observing how Y/N quivers inside her blanket.

Y/N,” I called her.

W-what?” she turned to me.

Hold out your hand. Put it over here,” I gestured on the barricade pillow.

She followed suit and even if I am too embarrassed to do this, I wrapped my left hand over her right hand and hold it tight.

W-what..?

You’re still shaking. I think this might help somehow to stop you from shaking and feeling scared,” I told her and smiled genuinely. “No funny business. I just want to help you.

Then you observed that she was not shaking anymore. “See? It works?” I said proudly and grinned at her.

Yeonjun, you’re such a nice person,” she stared at me. “감사합니다 (gam-sa-ham-ni-da).

Don’t mention it.” I smiled t her. “I know, let’s talk for a bit until we’re sleepy so you can be distracted more from the annoying lighting and thunder,” I suggested.

What do you wanna talk about?” she asked me.

Just random questions, let’s try asking and answering random questions we can think of,” I responded. “I’ll go first, when was the year you’re born?

I was born on September 1999,” she answered.

Really?????? No way!” I exclaimed in disbelief.

I am. I was born on 13th of September 1999. That’s for real. Why?” she was confused.

That’s my exact birthdate! This is amazing! I was born in the afternoon at 2:00PM,” I am so surprised. We have the same birthdate.

Oh I was born in the evening at 8:45 PM,” she responded.

I am older than you by 6 hrs and 45 minutes. You should call me Oppa,” I .

In your dreams,” she retaliated.

We continue talking for a while. I can see that she became more relaxed and also show smiles from time to time. I learned a bit of few things about her.  I discovered that we have a lot of things in common, we love Doraemon, mint choco, Welsh Corgi dogs, pandas, apples and bananas.

I was about to say something to her, but then I noticed that she had already fallen as sleep. I will close my eyes when I felt something over my thigh and chest. I checked it and saw that she just went over and pushed the barricade down. She unknowingly put her arm over my chest and her left leg on my left thigh. 

Errr…Y/N,” I called her. But she is not budging. She is in deep sleep already.

I called her again “Y/N.” But instead of waking up, she moved her head over my shoulder.

Am I your human pillow now? Who’s taking advantage of who now?” I thought to myself.

I feel my eyes became heavy and I slowly drifted to sleep.