Chapter 2: A burglar?

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

You immediately disembarked the plane, got your luggage and went to the bus terminal. You reviewed the route and how long would it take to reach Damyang-gun.

 

It will take another hour of bus ride,” you sighed.

 

You requested your manager to find you a place in South Korea to have a vacation where no one can recognize you, a peaceful village far from city center and near to nature. But you did not expect that it would be this far.  

 

You put your luggage on the bus compartment and entered the bus. You swiped your T-money card and find yourself a seat. You sat down by the window on the right side of the bus, on the middle section. After some time, the bus started to move. You observed your surroundings. There are a lot of space in the bus. It seems that there are just few people going to Damyang-gun this time around.

 

You checked your phone. It’s already past five in the afternoon. You feel so tired. You travel around for almost the whole day. As the bus kept on moving, you observed the how the scenery have changed. From big buildings with bustling people on the sidewalk to few houses and fields with a lot of bushes and trees. You now see South Korea’s countryside.

 

You checked the address that your manager has sent you.

 

Wolsan-myeon, Damyang-gun, South Jeolla Province,” you whispered to yourself. You searched what attraction are near the cottage house that your manager had booked for you.  “By car, 10 minutes to Juknokwon, Metasequire Gil and Korea Bamboo Museum; 20 minutes to Damyang Kwanjerim and Damyang Hot Springs; and 30 minutes to Sosaewon.

 

You smiled knowing that there are a lot of attractions to visit near your accommodation. You also read in your manager’s note that there is a scooter that the owner of the cottage lent to you. Visiting the attractions will not be very difficult for you, since you know how to ride the scooter.

 

After some time, you can almost see the bus stop where you need to get off.

 

도개 (Doage),” you read the sign and pushed the red button to let the driver know that there will be someone going off on the stop.

 

You got off the bus and got your luggage. You are in the bus stop and enjoying the countryside breeze. It is indeed fresher than the air in Seoul definitely, as you recall one of your stays in Seoul previously. You looked into the autumn sky and felt cold. You notice dark clouds started hovering into each other. You started walking to the direction of the rented house.

 

Shortly afterwards it started raining, very small drops at first, however the sky was packed tight with clouds and gradually the drops grew bigger and heavier, until it was autumn’s dismal rain that was falling.

 

You are totally soaked in the rain. You run fast as you could with you pulling your luggage and an arm around on your baggage.

 

You can see your accommodation ahead. It was a Hanok, a house built in the traditional Korean style with modern touches. You can see the spacious courtyard of your accommodation. As much as you want to check it more, you don’t have a choice but to immediately ran for cover. The rain is really pouring so much.

 

You past the courtyard and run into the house’ façade where there’s roof that can shade you from the rain. You observed that the house is really mixed style, feels traditional yet has a modern design. Instead of traditional wooden sliding door, it was built with glass sliding door and the main door has even a passcode lock.

 

You then receive an email from your manager. He forwarded to you the cottage’s owner message. They greeted and thank you for choosing their accommodation. House rules are also indicated on the email and also the passcode.

 

You immediately dial the code to unlock the door. You fumbled your hand on the wall to find the light switched and pressed it open. You removed your shoes in the doorway, and headed to the living room. The living room is spacious. It has a huge sofa in the center and a widescreen television mounted on the wall. You want to explore more the house, when you suddenly sneezed loudly.

 

“I guess I need to take a warm bath first,” you hurried inside the bathroom.

 

You were enjoying the warm water as you soaked your whole body in the bath tub. Nothing really beats having a warm bath after a long and tiring day. You can still hear the

rain drops on the brick roof. It is still loud. Seems like the rain seems will not be stopping anytime soon. You closed your eyes to relax more, when you heard some noise.

 

“What’s that?” you asked yourself.

 

It sounded like the door is opened. As you recalled, it is the same sound when the door was unlocked. You immediately get off the tub and try to find a towel to cover your body. But then, the only available towel in the bathroom is so small. You feel so scared all of a sudden. You can hear your heart loudly pounding on your chest.

 

In this foreign land, you can end up dying. You thought to yourself. You imagine the morning news content saying a foreign woman found dead in a rented cottage on the countryside. Just imagining that, you feel that your body started to freeze.

 

The you can hear footsteps becoming louder. As if they are coming near you. You gather all your strength and tried to take steps near the door as you observed that the doorknob is not locked.

 

Holding the small piece of towel to cover your chest, you are about to lock the door, when the door burst open.

 

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” You shrieked.

 

You want to ran away but you missed a step and trip forward. You closed your eyes as you feel that you are slowly falling to the floor.

 

But you didn’t feel cold instead it feels soft and warm. You opened your eyes and saw that there is a man beneath you. You are about to shout for help when the man spoke.

 

“Y/N?”

 

“Y-yeon-jun?”

 

You stared at him shocked. "Why are you here? What are you doing here?!"

"I-I...." he stuttered. You see him blushing so hard. His eyes are trying to look away from you. Then, it hit you. You are almost and you are on top of him!

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" you shrieked in embarrassment. "Please close your eyes! Close your eyes! 재발 (jaebal)!"

He closed his eyes tight, "My eyes are fully shut, please get up and put on your clothes. Please". Yeonjun was pleading with his red as tomato ears.

You immediately get up, look for your luggage and go to the nearest bedroom.