Chapter 11: Exploring Damyang

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

Yeonjun’s POV

 

I still can’t believe on the things that happened these past few days. Everything occurred in an instant. I met Y/N, we became accidental housemates, something happened between us, and we confessed to each other.

 

Knowing that she feels the same way made my chest feels so warm, yet on the back of my mind I feel scared. I know that I am an idol and we have banned dating as long as we’re within the contract period. Also, she is a foreigner and is only having a short vacation in here. But this is the first time in my life that I feel this way. I know that I can’t just let her go. I know that I will regret it, if I let her go. I do not want to lie to myself and to pushed aside my feelings. I want to face this head on.

 

More importantly, I want to show my sincerity to her. Something happened between us because of our carelessness. However, I don’t want to make her feel that was just a one-time thing. I want to cherish her and protect her.

 

On the remaining four days of our five-day vacation, we tried to follow the checklist that Y/N prepared.

 

On the second day, we visited the Moonlight Art Warehouse, appreciating Korean arts and culture. Y/N was really excited and interested in the art pieces that we viewed. We marveled at the different works of art made by local artist and we had also treated ourselves to some tea and coffee at the underground café. I think the Warehouse café serves one of the finest beverages that can really soothe quench after a long walk we took in the gardens.

 

We also get a glimpsed of nature as we walked through Metasequoia-lined Road. It ushers a sense of tranquility. It is indeed one of the most beautiful roads in Korea. Y/N took a lot of pictures of the road and we we’re lucky that a foreign traveler had offered to get a picture of the two of us. I was luckier because he didn’t seem to know me and we got to remove our masks in the photo. Such a sweet souvenir.

 

On the third day, we took a trip to the Korea Bamboo Museum. It seemed that Y/N is fond of art and nature. We also visited the local attractions nearby such as a bamboo park, greenhouse, and a small lake. In the afternoon, we strolled in the elegant Gwanbangjerim Forest. A quite underwhelming view, this place is situated along a small river in Damyang. The area has an ideal atmosphere perfect for romantic strolls and nature trail. I was so happy that I was able to walk hand-in-hand with Y/N while strolling in the forest.

 

On the fourth day, we dropped by the fabulous Geumjeongsanseong. It is situated at the peak of Geumjeongsan Mountain in Busan Metropolitan City. The Geumjeongsan Fortress is the largest fortress in the Korean Peninsula. It was originally built for the national defense of Korea, particularly from Japanese invaders. The historic site is built from natural stones and the location is ideal for mountain hikers and nature-lovers. I learned that Y/N is also an outdoor type of person, she was not even panting in all those long walks. She moved so fast and looked so fresh.

 

We also visited to Soswaewon Garden. The view from the tall trees, the gently flowing stream, and the historic structure make Soswaewon Garden the perfect destination for individuals like us who wants to unwind from the din and dust of the city. This small Korean traditional-style garden has the perfect scenery for travel photographs. We were lucky enough to visited late in the afternoon and there were only few people. We got to take a lot of photos together and enjoyed each other’s company without hiding.

 

On the fifth day, we took a look at the Korean architectures of Myeonangjeong Pavilion. Known for its historic and architectural glamor, Myeonangjeong Pavilion is a well-visited tourist hub as it features the historic culture of Korea as well as the magnificent architecture of Damyang Sikyeongjeong Pavilion.

 

Today is the last day to explore Damyang, before going back to Seoul tomorrow morning. I want this day to be memorable. So, I invited Y/N to have dinner at Meta Provence, instead of us cooking and eating in the accommodation. I looked online that Meta Provence is a popular tourist destination that transports the streets of South Korea into a tiny piece of France.

 

I led her to a small table in a quiet restaurant. A late hour for dinner, most of the tables are empty. This is better to avoid the public’s eye and get discovered.

 

I am glad that I brought something formal, I didn’t expect that you’ll invite me to dine out. This place looks so elegant,” she said as she went toward our table and admire the French restaurant.

 

You may take your seat, my lady,” I pulled out her chair.

 

“Geez, Yeonjun…” she sat down.

 

“What? You are indeed my lady and I’m your M-A-N tonight,” I sat across from her.

 

The only light is from a few well-placed candles. A waiter approached and, without saying a word, poured wine and left the bottle. No menus. I had ordered for us in advance. There will be no interruptions from wait staff aside from the bringing and clearing of the courses.

 

I already ordered beforehand, so we wouldn’t wait for long. Don’t worry. I know. What. You. Like,” I gave her a playful wink.

 

Hey Yeonjun!” she whined.

I laughed and I watched as she sipped the wine.

She noticed me looking at her and she blushed. I noticed a shy smile slipped out from her.

I love watching her. A voyeur looking into a secret world. I smiled warmly back as if to comfort her. It does, “You’re really beautiful, Y/N.”

Y-you are handsome, too, I bet you know that too,” she responded.

A bit embarrassed, but I think she seemed to enjoy my gaze. Soaking it in. Feeling my eyes move over her. From her eyes to her nose, cheeks, lips. The curve of her neck. Slope of her shoulders. Her chest. The tiny bit of cleavage just peeking out from her dress. Again, she blushed. This time, so do I. Back to sipping wine.

We locked eyes across the table. Everything around us seemed to fade away. It was like that we are in a universe all our own. Lost in the depths of each other’s eyes. I know she can feel my desire and I can feel hers too. But it is not lustful. It is calm, gentle, and controlled. With a sense of longing to escape forever into that universe around us.

We barely noticed the waiter as he places the first course between them. A simple plate of fruit and cheese. I watched her as she eats. Calmly bringing each morsel to her lips. I marveled at the pleasure she takes from each bite. Her face amazingly expressive. Every bite as if she is tasting for the first time.

She gazed at me over her glass as she sips her wine. She knows I am watching her.

Hey, Yeonjun. Eat your food. Don’t just stare at me,” she gave me an annoying look.

Okay. Okay. Let’s eat, my lady,” I responded.

We continue on. Refilling our wine glasses and eating slowly. Just enough to keep the wine from going to our heads. We didn’t speak. Although she seemed to suppress it, but I can feel the tension between us. Maybe because it is the last night that we can spend our time together. And no one knows, when we will be able to meet again.

The dinner plates arrived. We ate slowly but heartily, Sipping wine throughout. Savoring the unique yet complimentary flavors. After main course, a single dessert arrived to share.

Only one spoon?” Y/N asked.

Yeah, only one. Your man will feed you, my lady” I smirked. I feed her a small bite. She can’t help but to blush.

Hey, Yeonjun what’s this?” I can feel that she was feeling embarrassed.

I’m feeding my lady,” I gave her another bite. Larger than the first. Some is left on her lips. I planned that of course.

I reached towards her before she can raise her napkin. But my reach is not for her lips. I put my hand softly on her cheek and leaned toward her. I kissed her softly. Tasting the sweetness of the dessert mixed with the sweetness of her. She kissed me back.