Chapter 6: Filipino Breakfast

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

Yeonjun’s POV

It’s almost passed nine in the morning when we got back to the house. Y/N volunteered to cook the breakfast, since she is used to eat heavy during this meal. As an idol, I’m used to just eating some fruits or cereals in the morning. But since I am on a vacation, I don’t really need to restrict myself on food intake.

I helped Y/N to put the groceries in the fridge and in the cabinets. She got the apron and put it on herself. I was just silently sitting on the kitchen table looking at her. She put up her hair on a high pony tail and folded her sleeves up. I am not aware that I am staring at her intently. I think she saw me looking at her that way.

Do you want to say something?” she suddenly asked.

I was a bit startled, “D-Do you need help on cooking?” I come up with a good response.

Don’t worry. I can handle this. This won’t take long,” she flashed a bright smile to me.

My heart suddenly beat faster. I put my hand over my chest, “Why am I palpitating? I didn’t even drink iced americano.” I asked myself.

My attention was caught by her knife skills. She skillfully chopped the onions, garlic, carrots in small pieces in fast pace. Then, my thoughts travelled back on the things that happened earlier.

I slept pretty well despite the fact that someone was clinging on me. I woke up feeling refreshed and when I opened my eyes, I can’t help but to be in awe. It feels like I am watching a sleeping angel who was clinging on me. I observed well her facial features. She does not really look like south east Asian person to me. She looks more like east Asian. Her eyelashes are pretty long, pointed narrow nose, plump yet thin pink lips. She has very smooth, fair porcelain skin. Very pretty indeed. I think, that time, my heart palpitated as well.

When she rode the back seat behind me and tightly wrapped her arms on my body, my heart also beats faster. When I heard her singing with her beautiful voice and when she called me Yeonjun-ah everything seemed to stop and my heart starts beating faster than usual.

Am I attracted to her? Well, she’s very pretty, have a nice personality so far, adorable and likes singing too. I think it’s just normal to be attracted. But I just met her yesterday. Really, Yeonjun, in such a short time you manage to fall to someone.

Then I go over my phone and search “How long does it take for someone to fall in love?”

Answer appeared on my phone screen and I read it with my eyes,

How long does it take to fall in love? According to scientific research, only about four minutes! According to BBC Science, research indicates that it takes a mere 90 seconds to four minutes for the average person to decide if they are romantically interested in someone they've just met

So that’s possible!” I spoke.

What’s possible, Yeonjun-ah?” Y/N asked me.

I was startled. I didn’t know that I said that out loud, “Nothing ha-ha.

Y/N walked toward the dining table with two cups of seemed to be like friend rice with some mixed vegetables. She put it on the table. Then she got a plate with two sunny side up eggs and a plate with beef Tenderloin, thinly sliced and lightly pounded. She arranged the table, she even put utensils and water for me.

I was in dazed, is this what it feels to have a wife that cooks for you in the morning? I thought to myself. But I immediately cleared those thoughts. Yeonjun don’t get ahead of yourself.

Hey, Yeonjun-ah, let’s eat now,” she waved her hands in front of my face to get my attention.

So what food is this?” I asked, trying to collect my thoughts.

Ahem…ahemm…so let me introduce to you…this is a Filipino breakfast combo called “TapSiLog”. Tap for Tapa, the beef tenderloin; Si for Sinangag, the garlic fried rice with mixed vegetables; and Log for Itlog, the sunny side up egg,” she beamed at me with pride.

I got the sunny side up egg and put it over the rice. I broke the yolk and mixed it with the rice like bibimbap. I put the beef over the rice. I got a spoonful of everything and took a big bite.

I paused for a bit. It really tasted good, “This is really good, Y/N.

I told you; I can really cook. You can also dip the beef into vinegar for added flavor,” she put the vinegar in a saucer and put it in front of you.

We finished eating the scrumptious food. I volunteered to clean up and wash the dishes since Y/N did all the cooking. I put the gloves on and have sponge with bubbles on my hand, when suddenly Y/N called me.

Yeonjun-ah, you’ll be drenched in no time. If you don’t put apron when you’re washing the dishes,” Y/N immediately got the apron and walked towards you.

Here, let me help you,” she put the strap around my neck and tied the two strips on my back.

My heart feels like it will explode any time soon. She is so near and why the heck is she so nice and caring. I just can’t.

I somehow successfully finished my task in the kitchen and sat down on the couch. Y/N is also sitting on the other end of the couch watching the TV.

I suddenly feel nervous. She is watching TV.

I am comfortable around her and I can feel that I can easily share my thoughts with her. But am I ready to be known as “Choi Yeonjun” of Tomorrow X Together, a K-pop idol.

Will she change her point of view about me if she knew who I am?

Those questions are floating in my mind, when Y/N suddenly spoke, “Yeonjun-ah, what’s your plan for today?

My plan? Actually, I don’t really have a concrete itinerary,” I confessed. I just want to go around and see the nature, but I don’t really have a plan where and when to do those things on this 5-day vacation.

Then, she suddenly asked me, “I’m planning to go to Juknokwon this afternoon. You wanna tag along?