Chapter 14: Her Identity

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

Yeonjun’s POV

 

I was in a state of shock.

 

Why is Y/N in front of me?

 

Y/N?!” I tried to call her as I remained frozen on my spot.

 

Yeonjun-hyung, do you know her?” Kai asked me.

 

Keep it down guys,” our manager, Jisoo-hyung arrived.

 

Good morning, Ms. Y/N. I’m Jisoo, TXT’s manager. We are so pleased to meet you. All of the members can understand English. Yeonjun, Kai and Taehyun can speak fluently. So don’t hesitate to talk to them. I, myself is fluent in English too. If you have any problem, please don’t hesitate to approach us or any of the staff.” Jisoo-hyung warmly greeted Y/N.

 

No worries. I can also understand Korean and I can speak a bit of it,” she responded shyly.

 

Okay guys, again. I will formally introduce you to Ms. Y/N. We were lucky enough to have a really popular actress in Southeast Asia to be included in your music video. She won a great number of awards since she was young. She was even awarded as best actress in Cannes Film Festival. She also starred in some Hollywood films. She even won the best actress in the Seoul International Drama Awards where her drama won Daesang,” Jisoo-hyung introduced Y/N.

All of us seemed to be shocked on the information we heard.

 

We just knew that there will be a foreign actress that will be included in our MV. But we did not know that it was a really famous star. And it was Y/N! I didn’t even know that she was a celebrity!

 

Jisoo-ssi, I think that’s so much for an introduction,” she said shyly.

 

Hello, everyone. I’m Y/N. Nice meeting you and I hope to have a productive and successful shoot with you all,” she bowed and she caught me in the eye looking at her.

 

This is definitely awkward and this will continue to be like this, If I don’t do something.

 

I need to talk to her.

 

But there’s a lot of people around us.

 

I need to find the proper time to approach her.

 

The shooting started. The setting of the MV is in a high school, where five boys are experiencing an unrequited love with the same girl. The members each have different role to play: Beomgyu is a member of the school band, a guitarist; Soobin is the childhood friend of the female lead; Kai is a member of the basketball team; Taehyun is the smart class president and Me, as the loner guy. All our roles like Y/N’s role. However, she likes someone else.

 

Although I want to badly talk to Y/N and asked her a lot of questions, I still keep myself in composure and work professionally. I acted with her with all the self-control that I have. It’s been a week since I last saw her. It’s been a week since the last time I talk to her. I message her a lot of times and tried to contact her, But I just can’t reach her phone.

 

A lot of things popped on my mind.

 

Did she really love me like what she said?

 

Did she even like me?

 

Do we really share the same feelings?

 

Did she totally leave me?

 

Will I ever get to see her again?

 

When I got back from my solo vacation. I was welcomed by a hectic line up with all our practices, preparation for the MV shoot and the upcoming world tour. But despite all of those, I tried to contact her every time I got the chance. I was not able to really share with the members what happened during my vacation. I am not yet ready to bring up that yet since we’re all busy. I am still finding the proper time. There’s no day since Y/N left that I didn’t miss her. I always look at our photos and some of her stolen shots on my phone.

 

The shoot took a paused during lunch time. We are in an empty classroom and having our lunch. The members are there and also Y/N. Taehyun started the conversation.

 

Y/N-ssi, may we know how old are you? So, we can properly address you?” Taehyun asked.

 

I’m a 99-liner, how about you guys?” Y/N responded.

 

Oh! you’re the same age as Yeonjun-hyung. You’re our noona.” Taehyun exclaimed.

 

Taehyun and I are 02-liners, we’re the Maknaes, the youngest ones,” Hueningkai pointed at himself and Taehyun.

 

I’m 01-liner, from the hyung-line,” Beomgyu raised his hand for emphasis.

 

What hyung-line? No, you’re not,” Soobin interrupted. “I was born in 2000”.

 

I remained silent during their conversation and just focused on eating my food. It suddenly feels so awkward to be with her on a set, without talking to each other first.

 

The members are having fun with her when Soobin noticed me,

 

Are you okay Yeonjun-hyung? Why are you so silent” he asked worriedly.

 

I’m fine. I’m just concentrating on my food,” I answered nonchalantly.

 

The other members are laughing with Y/N. Then kai suddenly asked, “Y/N Noona now that we’re all friends, can we add you on kakaotalk, do you have that?

 

Oh yeah, I had it installed. Wait let me get my phone.” She took out her phone from her bag.

 

Is your phone empty?” Taehyun who was sitting beside her noticed her phone.

 

No. My manager had it confiscated for a week. So, it was turned off. I just got it this morning, so I am just opening it now,” She explained as she looked at me.

 

Wow you survived that for a week?” Kai exclaimed.

 

She her phone. It seemed that it was not on silent mode since too many consecutive sounds for text messages came in. I am thinking that those messages she was receiving now are from me.

 

Oh! I’m sorry for the noise. I’ll put it on silent,” she was panicking as she tapped on her phone. I can’t help but to smile how cute she was.

 

Y/N Noona you’re receiving a lot of messages, is that from your boyfriend?” Beomgyu teased.

 

I can see that her face is turning red.

 

Woaaah, you’re blushing Y/N Noona!” Beomgyu pointed out loudly.

 

Well, it’s from the person I love,” she confessed shyly as she looked at me lovingly.

 

My chest feels so warm. I can feel that I am melting inside. Gosh. I really love her.

 

So, it was from your boyfriend after all!” Beomgyu exclaimed.

 

Well, he did ask me yet to be his girlfriend,” she responded still looking at me.

 

What type of guy is he? Is he also an actor?” Soobin asked.

 

He is not an actor. He’s a great performer. He dances and sings so well. He’s really popular too,” Y/N looked down. I can see that her cheeks are blushing.

 

That’s so cool!” Kai commented. I was kinda feeling shy too. Because I know deep inside that I am the one she was describing.

 

Okay then, I’ll just go to the comfort room for a bit. I’ll add you on kakao later when I come back,” she stood up and walked out of the room.

 

Taehyun also stood up to get a bottled water, he was about to walk out when he suddenly nudges Y/N’s table and her phone was falling to the floor. Luckily, Taehyun has a good reflex and caught her phone before reaching the floor.

 

But then he suddenly froze when he was holding her phone. He was looking intently at the phone screen.

 

Why did you suddenly stop? What’s in her phone screen?” Beomgyu stood up and walked to Taehyun and look at the phone screen. Beomgyu also looked surprised. I am feeling nervous already. Soobin and Kai walked towards Taehyun too to look at Y/N’s phone.

 

I was already walking towards them when Kai suddenly speaks, “Yeonjun-hyung, why do you have this photo with Y/N?”. Kai showed Y/N’s phone screen to me. Her screen saver was the picture of us that the foreign traveler had taken in the Metasequoia-lined Road in Damyang. In the photo we’re standing in the middle of the road my hands over her shoulder and her hand around my waist, we’re smiling lovingly.

 

I was too stunned to speak. Then Y/N entered the room, “I’m back guys.

 

Everyone’s eyes are on her.

 

What’s going on here?” she asked perplexedly.

 

Do you put the photo of you and the guy you like as your screen saver?” Soobin asked.

 

Yes,” she quickly responded. She looked at me and I bit my lip. Then she looked surprised and stuttered “I m-mean n-no. w-why d-did you a-ask that suddenly?

 

What is this then?” Kai showed the phone screen to her.

 

She was shocked. I know I can’t hide or deny this anymore. I need to explain and be honest with my members.

 

You’re right. That’s us. She’s the woman I love,” I walked toward Y/N and hold her hand. Gladly there are only us in the room.

 

Yaaaah! Yeonjun what are you doing?! Our staff might see us,” she let go of my hand. Her face was red as tomato and she looks so shy.

 

Then I looked at the members and they were all in shock.