Chapter 5: Trip to the Grocery

Just Us | TXT Choi Yeonjun x Reader

Normal POV

Sleeping peacefully, you cradled on something warm to your chest. The sun was beaming through the blinds causing you to stir. Usually, waking up was a simple task to you, since you are a morning person. You groaned when the first beam of sunlight hit your face.

You heard an alarm ringing. Still half awake and eyes half opened, you try to locate where the alarm is coming from. Your hands started to do the search, groping around and hoping to get on hold with the alarm source.

However, you feel that what you are groping is something warm and a bit soft.

Are you enjoying this?” you heard someone spoke.

In a snapped, your eyes are wide open. You look into the direction where the sound is coming from. There, you saw Yeonjun. His hair is disheveled and his face and eyes looks a bit puffy. Yet he still looks so attractive.

You had been staring at him for quite a while. It seems like a magic had been casted on you to stare at him. Since becoming a celebrity, you are so used to see beautiful people in the industry. There are a lot of handsome men everywhere, models, actors, singers etc. But this man named Yeonjun seems different. His beauty is unparallel and you know you are drawn into it.

You like what you see?” you heard him say.

You can feel your cheeks warmed. “Ahhh-eehhhh. Noooo!

Oh really? How about letting me go, first?” He pointed on your arm cradling his other arm and your leg entangled on his thigh. You are all over him. When you realized what situation, you are in, you shrieked loudly, “ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hey, hey not so loud. It’s still early,” Yeonjun covered both of his ears.

I’m really sorry! I don’t mean to do it like that. This is so embarrassing. I’m sorry!” I immediately sat up and bowed my head down to the cushion on his direction.

I thought there’s no funny business here,” Yeonjun sat up and put his arms crossed over his chest.

I know. I know. That’s why I am really sorry for what I did. I didn’t really intend to do this. I don’t know what I do when I’m sleeping. Seriously, I didn’t know. I’m really sorry,” You raised your head while you put your palms together and beg Yeonjun for forgiveness.

Okay. Okay. I’ll let it pass this time. But no more next time,” Yeonjun absolved you with your sincere apologies.

You both cleaned up and put away your beddings. You walked near the sliding doors. You pulled up the blinds and saw a clear blue sky outside.

What a nice weather today!” you smiled.

 “Yeah, good time to stroll outside,” Yeonjun spoke. He was in the kitchen, checking the cabinet and fridge. “There’s nothing here. I think we need to do groceries for a bit.

Nothing for breakfast?” you pouted. You love eating breakfast, that’s the most important meal for the day and you will not let that pass.

Nothing, everything is empty,” Yeonjun shows the opened fridge. “I guess we can go out now if you want to have breakfast and then we can do a bit of groceries.

You agreed with him and you two prepare to go out.

You put on a knee-length dark green coat over a beige knitted turtle neck pair with dark jeans and white sneakers. You also wear a beige knitted beanie on your head and white facemask. You stepped outside the house and saw Yeonjun. He was wearing a thick knitted dark green sweater over a white inner pair with dark jeans and white and green sneakers. He has a white cap and facemask on.

You started at him from head to toe, “Did we talk about what color will be wearing?

No. Why?” Yeonjun then noticed that they are wearing clothes with matching color.

Geez. What a coincidence,” you laughed nervously. But deep inside you are feeling embarrassed. It feels like you are a couple going out on a date.

It says on the owner’s email that they will be lending a scooter for us to go around the place. I checked the location of the nearest grocery store. It’s only 10 minutes by car so maybe around 15-20 minutes by scooter,” you told Yeonjun while your eyes are fixed scrolling to your phone.

Yeah, here it is,” you saw Yeonjun holding the handle bar of a scooter and a pink helmet. He is also already wearing a white helmet on his head, as if he’s all set to go. The motor scooter is quite cute it’s white with some pink lining.

W-well…that really fits you,” you said sarcastically trying to .

He suddenly tossed the pink helmet on you, “Stop teasing me. Put that on and we’ll go”.

You grabbed it and try to put it on. However, your hand cannot find the proper way of locking the helmet strap.

Yeonjun observed that you’re taking your time in putting on the helmet. He walked towards you.

Come here, let me help,” he grabbed the strap and easily locked it for you. “There missy, you’re set,” he gave me a pat over my helmet then he walked towards the scooter and sat.

You’ll be driving?” you asked as you walked towards him.

Yeah, why? Do you want to drive?” he asked while he put on the key and started the engine.

You can drive this time,” you responded.

So next time, you will?” he asked.

Yup,” you nodded.

Come on, hop on!” Yeonjun gestured you to go on the backseat of the scooter.

You hurriedly seat behind him.

Okay hold on tight. Here we go,” the scooter started to move. You clutched on his sweater.

Hold on properly, you might fall. That won’t be my fault,” Yeonjun told you.

You feel nervous thinking on where to hold. Then suddenly the motor passed into a pit and became a bit unstable. You instantly put your arms around Yeonjun’s waist.

That’s why I’m telling you to hold on properly. We are on the countryside. Roads are not as good in the city,” he reminded you.

You can feel your heart started to beat fast. You don’t have any idea why? Is it because of the sudden unsteadiness of the scooter? You thought to yourself.

After that, the ride was quiet. The breeze feels so fresh and freezing at the same time. There are few houses that you passed. Fields are everywhere. Trees and bushes are already in beautiful autumn color. Leaves dyed in orange are already falling into the ground. The road that you are taking has a lot of piled up autumn leaves.

You reached the grocery store. You both hopped off the scooter after removing your helmets and walked towards the grocery entrance. It was just a small grocery, fitted into the cute little town you are in.

Do you want to have two carts?” You heard Yeonjun asked. He was already pulling a huge cart on from the cart parking.

I think that huge one will be okay. We are just two anyway and just for 5 days. We’ll just split the bill later,” you walked towards him and got the cart handle. “I wanna push. I wanna push.

Hahaha,” Yeonjun chuckled. “Fine, fine you push the cart” he gave you the cart. You pushed it forward.

귀여워 (gwiyeowo),” You heard Yeonjun said.

So what food do you like to eat?” Yeonjun asked walking behind you.

Hmmmmm, I really eat heavy for breakfast and my meals get lighter on lunch and dinner. Food, hmmmmm…I like meat. I’m a carnivore, rawr!” you tried to copy a tiger’s expression as you faced Yeonjun.

You can hear that Yeonjun laughed with that joke.

Okay. Okay. Ms. Carnivore likes meat. I like meat too. But we should balance it with vegetables and some fruits,” Yeonjun placed a bunch of bananas and some apples on the cart.

But do you know how to cook?” Yeonjun asked.

I do. I basically live on my own for a bit of long time, so I learned how to cook. I also hate eating outside. Filipino food and pastas are my specialty,” You got a pack of pasta and put it on the cart. “How about you, do you cook?” you asked.

Well, I’m living with my friends. I can tell that I’m the best cook in the group, not because I am skilled but because no one can cook in the group other than me,” he explained while he laughed.

Oh, I forgot, Taehyun, one of my friends started to cook and he is improving. Specially on his meat dishes,” Yeonjun shared. He was walking now in front of you.

This feels nice. It’s been a long time since you do grocery shopping. The last time you probably did was when you we’re not yet that popular. So, it’s been a long time. It feels better because you have someone to accompany you. It is really nice to have a friend of the same age. Friends? Are you friends already? You asked yourself. But you put that thought behind, since you just met yesterday.

Maybe we can just take turns to cook. You can cook Korean dish for me and I’ll cook filipino food for you. We can also cook pasta together.” You suggested as you put some butter in the cart.

Wait,” Yeonjun hold your wrist. You stared at him. Again, you are captivated by his attractive monolids. It seems that the time stopped for both of you. He was also staring at you.

When an old couple passed by, “Such a lovely pair of newlyweds, wearing such cute couple outfits and even dating in grocery store. I think, we we’re like that too years ago.”

Hearing that both of you moved away from each other.

T-This one is on sale.” He showed you a 50% off tag on the butter. Yeonjun pulled down his cap to cover his face.

I-I see,” you immediately replaced the butter with the discounted one.

After sometime, you two almost got all the things you need to have and headed towards the cashier. The cashier scanned all the grocery items. The receipt is already printing out when a sound was heard.

Oh, you we’re pick to have our free Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone,” the lady in the cashier said happily.

Nice! a freebie!” you jumped in happiness. Even if you have enough money in your life. You still love to have freebies, who does not?

B-But you need to sing a song to take it home,” the cashier explained further.

You noticed that Yeonjun was a bit hesitant. So, you volunteered, “Do I need to sing a Korean song?”  you asked.

Yes please,” the cashier replied. She handed to you the Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke Microphone.

O-Okay a Korean song,” you nodded.

Yeonjun tap your shoulder and whispered to your ear, “You don’t have to do this. People are coming and a lot of them are staring.

But I like the freebie!” You protested.

Yeonjun sighed, “Your call.”

You started removed your masked and started singing,

Nae meoriga neomuna nappaseo (I’m really, very foolish). Neo hanapakke nan moreugo (I know of no one other than you). Tareun sarameun pogoittneun neon (You’re looking at someone else). Ireon naema-eumdo moreugettji (Yet you have no idea of my feelings like this).”

You chose the song “Because I’m Stupid” by Kim Hyun Joong. This is one of few Korean songs that you memorized since you really like the “Boys over flower” drama back then. Who does not?

You observed that people started to gather near the cashier. You can tell that they are impressed with your singing.

You continue singing,

Bye, bye, never say goodbye. Ireohke chapji mothajiman (Even though I cannot hold you like this). I need you amu maldo mothae I want you (I need you; I cannot say anything more, I want you). Paraedo dasi paraedo. (I keep on hoping too, I’ll keep hoping…)”

You reached the highest note of the song effortlessly. The people were cheering. The song ended and you received your freebie. After paying, Yeonjun, immediately grabbed your hand and run toward the exit to the parking area.

You panted, “Why do we need to run?”.

Yeonjun who seemed to be nervous responded, “There are a lot of people.”

“So?” you are confused.

“I-I don’t like crowded places,” he responded, not looking in your eyes.

He put the groceries on the scooter’s compartment on the bottom of the seat. He gave you your helmet. He removed his cap and put his helmet on. “Come on, let’s go back.”

You rode the scooter and put your hand around his stomach, “I’m ready. Leggooo.”

Yeonjun drove away from the grocery. You are under the road with falling leaves again, when he suddenly spoke, “You really have a nice voice. Like, really you can be a recording artist. Are you perhaps a singer in the Philippines? And why you pronounce Korean so well?

You feel that your body became stiffed.

H-ha, H-ha, H-ha,” you laughed nervously, “No, I’m not a singer. I just love singing.”

You are not wrong with that. You are not really a singer but a celebrity in the Philippines, specifically an actress. In the Philippines, celebrity should be able to do all the things, from acting, singing, dancing, modelling, hosting etc., So through out the years, you have been trained in all those aspects.

I was surprised you know a Korean song,” he continued.

Oh that, I really love the Korean drama “Boys over flower” before and I memorized some of their songs. That’s why,” you explained.

Oh, boys over flower, that drama was really good, though we’re just 10 years old when that was aired,” Yeonjun chuckled.

Let’s sing together later,” he told you.

Eh, do you sing too?” you asked in surpised.

I love singing too,” Yeonjun responded.

We really have a lot in common, Yeonjun-ah” you told him happily.

Yeonjun-ah, that’s the first time you call me that way,” he spoked

Why? Is it bad?” you asked. Then the scooter stopped. He looked behind and look into your eyes.

I like it, Y/N-ah” he said warmly.

Then again, you can feel that your heart starts beating fast.