Chapter 9

Love and Fame

Taehyung's POV:

It was already a week that we were training for our performance and it was going pretty well. At first, Yoongi wasn't really happy about performing with Dreamcatcher, we didn't have the same style neither the same popularity so he was a bit cold toward the girls and especially Yoohyeon who was his partner for the dance. But when Kai came along, he opened up a bit to the others and we manage to convince him that this collaboration was a good thing.

Everything was perfect. Our duo training went very well and the group sessions were even better. Handong was really fun and super hard-working. When I was just a fan, I always admired her for her perfect Korean, even though she was Chinese. She was the savage ice princess that every Insomnia loved and I was so glad to be her partner.

Things couldn't be better. Well, that was what I thought before Yoohyeon invited me to have dinner with her in their apartment. Lately, we got really close by laughing and training together but we didn't really have the opportunity to get to know each other. So that's why she organized this dinner.

Since I met her, I felt like I could finally breath. I felt less stressed and freer. I didn't know if it was thanks to the collaboration or her, but I knew she changed something in me and her smile and good mood brought me a lot in my daily life. So I was more than glad when she invited me, even if she said it specified that it wasn't a date. She was right after all, we met not long ago, it was too soon to think about this. But still, I was so excited to meet her this evening and I wanted to speed up the time but I couldn't and had to wait 5 more hours. I couldn't stay in place and I had little tingles in my stomach.

So, to keep my mind occupied, Jungkook offered me to go play basketball with him in the agency's gymnasium.

"So... I guess you're excited for this evening, right?" He asked as he took a ball and started to dribble with.

"Yes, you can't even imagine." I answered, following him in the middle of the field.

"Well, I think you're clearly the luckiest fan ever! Having a date with your idol, it's really amazing."

"It's not a date."

"It looks like one."

"But it's not, she made it clear."

"And what do you feel about it? Are you disappointed? Would you have preferred it to be a real date?"

Would I have preferred it to be a real date? I didn't know. I didn't even know what I felt for her, but I knew that I liked being with her. Did I like her in a romantic way, or was it just a different friendship from what I was used to? Because, after all, she was a girl and had a really different style of life. Maybe I felt this way because I wanted this kind of life too and I felt like she was bringing me closer to it or at least giving me a sample of it.

Suddenly, a ball bounced off my head and brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yoohoo, Taehyung, I was talking to you, stop daydreaming." Jungkook said, while going to get the ball.

"Yes, I'm sorry." I apologized. "And to answer your question. I don't know what I feel for her, it's strange."

"You don't know if you like her? You never had a crush on anyone?" He asked, placing himself in front of me, reading to play.

"Yes, I already had but, with her, it's different." I answered, putting myself in a defensive position, ready to stop him.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he ran from left to right, overtaking me. He shot the ball and put it through the basket.

"I don't know. I feel so much better and less stressed since I met her. When I'm with her, I don't see time passing, hours are minutes and minutes are seconds. But I'm not sure of what I feel. I like her a lot but I don't think I'm 'in love'. After all, who can be in love after having met a person two weeks before? Love at the first sight doesn't exist." I explained as I went to get the ball and walked out of the zone.

"I think it exists, the love at the first sight I mean. And when it happens to you, it's hard to forget the person you fell for." He said, placing himself between the basket and me.

"Are you speaking from experience?" I asked as I tried the same strategy as him. But when I didn't work, I threw the ball over him. Unfortunately, he stopped it with his hands and walked away with it, exchanging place with me.

"Maybe."

"Really? Who was-" I started when he went around me to the left. I ran to him and placed myself in front of him to stop him but he was too fast and bumped violently into me, falling on me on the floor. We didn't move and just stared at each other, not saying anything.

"What will we become, you and I?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes and not standing up.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You didn't notice? Since you met her, you're spending a lot of time with her, and so a lot less with me. What would happen if you dated her?"

"Nothing would happen, we would always be there for each other, right?" I tried to reassure him.

"Yeah... right." He said as he stood up. And was about to leave the room.

I quickly stood up and stopped him.

"Jungkook!" I called him to make him look at me and prevent him from exited. "What's on your mind, tell me please." I pleaded him.

"Nothing, don't worry. Have fun tonight." He said with a little smile, as he left.

I didn't know what he meant by that but I knew I had to talk to him to make him tell me what was on his mind. I did something wrong and I had to fix it as soon as possible. He was feeling down because of me and I couldn't bear to know that I hurt my best friend. But first, I had to get ready for tonight.

**********

It was 6:30 p.m. and I was waiting in my car in front of her apartment. She told to come around 7 p.m. and I didn't want to surprise her by arriving to early, so I just waited.

As I was listening to some music, the members, except Yoohyeon of course, came out of the dorm and walked away. I looked at them in my rearview mirror getting away but Sua stopped and walked back. At first, I thought she forgot something and was going back home but she came to my car and knocked on my window. I rolled it down and asked:

"How did you know it was me?"

"Well, we don't really see a lot a fancy car here." She explained. "Anyways, I just wanted to warn you about a few things. I know Yoohyeon told you it wasn't a date but it really looks like one and she didn't have any since a really long time so she's really stressed. Also, her last relationship didn't end well so don't put any pression on her. If she doesn't want to do something, don't force her. And finally, we come back at 11 p.m. so you have 4 hours. Have fun!" She said as she left.

"Wait!" I stopped her. "What do you mean by her last relationship didn't end well? What happened?"

"It's not my place to tell you."

"Okay, I understand, thank you for the information. How soon can I get there do you think?"

"I think you can go in 10-15min."

"Okay, thank you!"

"No problem, have a good evening!" She winked at me before joining her group.

**********

15min later, I left my car and went to her building, putting the code she gave me and climbing to the 3rd floor. I stopped in front of her door and breathe deeply. That's when a thought crossed my mind, I didn't have any present. I should have bought at least flowers or chocolates. Or was it too romantic? Maybe a plant could be good? I looked at my watch and saw that I had 10min left. I was about to run downstairs when I heard a scream coming from the other side of the door. It was Yoohyeon for sure, she was home alone and I could recognize her voice. I knocked violently at her door, yelling her name.

"Yoohyeon! Yoohyeon! Are you okay!? Open the door!"

No answer.

I was getting more and more worried. I took a few steps back to get a run up and I was about to break down the door. No matter how bad the door was after that, I could pay for the repairs, but something had happened to Yoohyeon and I had to help her. I ran to the door, putting my shoulder in the first line, when the door opened, revealing Yoohyeon. It was too late to stop myself so I just through myself to the side, brushing against her and falling hardly on the floor.

She ran to me and help me to sat.

"Are you okay!? Are you hurt somewhere!?" She asked worried.

"No, I think I'm okay." I reassured her, standing up slowly.

"What were you thinking? Breaking down the door?"

"Yes!! I heard you scream! I called you but you didn't answer so I was worried! What happened?"

"Hum... nothing, don't worry." She smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of neck and crossing her legs.

I looked down and saw she was wearing wet slippers. I didn't understand at first but then saw she was hidden a red ankle with her other leg. I looked at the floor and followed the footprint of the wet slippers to the kitchen. That's when I understand what happened. Water was everywhere on the floor, as well as spaghettis and a pan. She burned her ankle preparing the dinner.

I turned to her and saw her looking down at her hands. Knowing her, she was probably feeling guilty.

"I'm sorry for what happened. You can just go wait in the living room and I will clean everything." She said as she entered in the kitchen.

I stood in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders, gently caressing them. She had to stop putting the fault on her every time something happened and take more care of herself.

"You go in the living room and wait for me, I'm coming in a bit." I told her as I released her.

She walked slowly and still with her head down in the living room, sitting on the couch. When I checked she wasn't moving, I started searching in the drawers and cupboards of the kitchen. I easily found the big bin I was searching and filled it with tepid water. I then went in her bathroom, taking a soothing cream I found and brought everything in the living room. I sat on the floor in the front on her and put her injured feet in the bin, making sure her ankle was in the water.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes, don't worry. You don't need to do all of this."

"If I hadn't done it, who would have?" I asked, trying to make her look at me.

"I'm really sorry, I just wanted to make dinner and Sua unnie told me that doing spaghetti was easy. But it looks like I'm not even able to do the easiest things." She sighed.

"Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong. And you're maybe not the best in the kitchen but there are many things you're good at! I would love to be able to learn foreign languages like you!" I cheered her up, putting her feet out of the water and applying the cream.

"Thank you." She said now smiling at me.

I smiled back at her and stood up.

"Okay so I think I saw some pack of ramyeon in the kitchen. You want to try your luck again?" I suggested.

"Sure! Do you want to eat ramyeon with me?" She smirked, laughing.

The confident Yoohyeon was back and I was more than glad. This evening didn't start well for her but it didn't mean it wouldn't be amazing!

And for the following minutes, Yoohyeon was preparing the ramyeon while I was cleaning the mess on the floor. Her second attempt was a great success and we took our food to the living room to eat on the couch.

"So, maybe we could ask each other basic questions like... hum... I don't know, what's your favorite color?" She suggested.

"Are you serious?" I laughed. "I think it's useless to ask basic questions. Without sounding strange, I already know a lot about you. You're from Incheon, you have two brothers and a sister, a dog name Pie, you like video games and are fan of Sunmi."

"Well... that's a bit creepy, but you're right it's useless. Any idea to learn to know each other?"

"Hum... Ah I know! Why did you choose to become an idol?"

"Good question. Well, it's kind of a basic story but I have always loved to sing and seeing all these idols on TV made me dream. I did many auditions and ended up at Happyface Entertainment. And honestly, I don't think I could have found a better agency. And you?"

"No, it's not basic. It's really cool that you were able to achieve your dreams. And for me, I never really wanted to be idol. In fact, the day of the audition, I was just supposed to accompany a friend. But it seems like the agency was amazed by my natural beauty." I said proudly, receiving a giggle from Yoohyeon. "So then, they started to train me and saw I had a lot of potential while I realize how much I liked singing and dancing. Plus, I became really close with my actual members and I totally saw myself live with them for years. So I accepted and today, I am one of the members of the great BTS!"

"Wow, what an incredible journey!"

"Yes, I've come a long way! But you too probably, no? You must have left some things behind you like your family, friends,... lover?" I almost whispered the last part as I wasn't sure if she was comfortable talking about it. Sua told me that, even today, this old story affected her and I wanted to help her to move on.

"Yes, you're right. Leaving my family was the hardest thing I think. I called them every day and, often, I just wanted to give up on my dreams to come back to them. I was just a lost 16-year-old girl who terribly missed her parents. And for my friends, It was also hard but they pushed me to come to Seoul to achieve my dreams. And I can still see them during holidays when I go back home or when they come to Seoul. And luckily, I didn't have any lover so I didn't need to break up to become idol. This is kind of great when I think about it. What about you?"

"Really? You didn't have anyone?" How was it possibly, Sua told me the opposite. Maybe she already broke up before becoming trainee? Or... was it during her training period? "And for me, it's kind of the same thing. It was hard at first but every time I wanted to quit, they reminded me why this job was made for me."

"It's probably like this for all the idols. But even if it's hard, we don't regret our choice. And yes, I didn't have anyone. Why? You wanted me to date someone and break his heart for my career?" She laughed.

"No, of course no! It's just... you're so incredible, you probably made all the boys of your school fall for you." I lied. In fact, that wasn't a lie but that wasn't the reason I thought she was dating someone. But if she didn't want to tell me, I wouldn't push her.

"Thank you but absolutely not. I think in all of my school years, I probably had one or two boys who had a crush on me. But that wasn't reciprocal."

"So, no one has been able to enter your heart yet?"

"Hum..." Her smile faded as she looked down at her bowl. "It's... it's complicated." She murmured.

Damn, I just reminded her a painful memory even though Sua warned me about that. I absolutely wanted to know and end up hurting her. How selfish was I?

"Well, I already fell in love with someone but she rejected me." I tried to comfort her.

"Really?"

"Yes. Besides, I don't think any of my relationships lasted more than 20 days. I didn't like rejecting people so, if I was close enough with the person I accepted. But it never ended well. I think I'm not the best in love either." I counted. I put my hand on hers to make her look at me. When our eyes met, I reassured her with a smile. "Don't worry, we all have someone made for us. We just have to be patient."

We stared at each other, not moving, as I was caressing the back of her hand with my thumb. She didn't say anything and yet I could read what she was feeling in her puppy eyes. Her last relationship had tormented her tremendously and it was difficult for her to trust again. I put my free hand on her cheek, admiring her features, she was so pretty. My hand followed her perfect jawline as my eyes fell on her lips. Her plump pink lips looked so soft, I almost wanted to kiss them. But I held back, maybe it was too soon.

Suddenly, her face came closer to mine and her lips gently touched mine. At first, she wasn't moving at all, I could even feel her lips trembling a little. She then started to move slowly while I was frozen, unable to do anything. I didn't expect her to do the first step and I didn't know what to think about it. But right now, I just wanted to enjoy the moment.

I closed my eyes and gently kissed her back. But she suddenly stepped back, surprising me. I didn't move, keeping my hand hanging in the air, trying to understand what just happened.

She stood up in a hurry, taking our two empty plates.

"I-I will bring this back to the kitchen." She said as she left me alone in the living room.

After a few seconds, I joined her in the kitchen. She was leaning on the edge of the sink, looking down, back facing me. What was she thinking at the moment? Did she think it was a mistake?

"Yoohyeon, are you okay?" I asked softly.

She turned to look at me and, after a few seconds, started to laugh. Did she become crazy? Why was she laughing? I looked at her, confused and waited for an explanation.

"How stupid I am." She sighed. "I'm doing what caused my last break up."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm using you." Using me? She was using her boyfriend? Or did he use her? I looked at her, waiting for a further explanation. "I'm using you to forget her."

'Her'? So her last relationship was with a woman? But if Yoohyeon was... gay, she wouldn't have kiss me... right? Or maybe she was bi?

"Do you... like girls?" I asked unsure.

"Yes, girls and boys."

Phew, she also liked men. Wait, why was I reassured? Did I like her? But it wasn't the time to think about it, she was going through a hard time and I was thinking about my own feelings, it was selfish. I was determined to help her to move on and that's what I was going to do.

I walked to her and took both her hands in mine, making her look at me in the eyes. She looked so lost, so hurt. Sua was right, her last relationship affected her a lot, even today.

"Yoohyeon." I started softly. "I'm here to help you to move on and forget her. I don't know what you went through and you don't have to tell me but it's in the past. You deserve to be happy but you can't if you're still stuck with those memories. So use me, I don't care. Use me to forget her, use me to move on, and find the one for you, even if it's not me. I don't even know what I feel for you but I know I like being with you and I know I want to help you." I put my hand on her cheek and caressed it gently. "I just want you to be happy again."

She put her hand on mine, closing her eyes and enjoying the touch. She looked so pretty, so peaceful. After a bit, she opened her eyes and stared into my eyes.

"You don't need to do that." She murmured.

"But I want to." I defended myself. "Why did you kiss me, Yoohyeon?"

"Because... I don't know... maybe because you make me feel secure and comfortable. I don't know what I feel for you either, but you make me feel important and... special?"

"Since neither of us knows how we feel about the other, I suggest we take some time to get to know each other better." I said, still caressing her cheek. And without realizing it, my eyes fell on her lips. I already missed their touch on mine. They were so addictive, so good. But I had to restrain myself, I just told her that we should take our time.

"Yes, you're right, we should get to know each other." She agreed. But when I came back to her eyes, I noticed that she wasn't looking at me in the eyes but lower. Was she staring at... my lips!? "But..." She continued. "Maybe we could do that after we kiss?"

I didn't need her to say it twice. I grabbed her face with my two hands and crashed my lips on hers. It felt so good, so right. Little by little, I deepened the kiss, biting gently her lower lip and making her open slightly , slipping my tongue that she gladly welcomed with hers. Now, our two tongues were dancing perfectly together, as if they were meant to meet.

Without realizing it, my body was stuck to hers, perfectly matching her shape. However, I was pushing her a bit too much and made her arched her back. So I grabbed her waist and sat her on the counter, letting my hands slide down and wander under her thighs. I put myself between her legs and I deepened the kiss as much as I could before noticing she was running out of breath. I let go of to let her breathe and attacked her neck. She tilted her head back, leaving me full access and grabbed my wavy hair with her hands, preventing me from backing up. I first placed little kisses everywhere I could before and her neck passionately.

That's when I realized the big mistake I just did. , she was an idol, I forgot about that! I moved back a little and, , it was too late, I had left a hickey, very visible on top of that. It was too high to hide it with a collar, we had to use makeup.

As I interrupted our kissing session, Yoohyeon looked at me, confused.

"Taehyung? Are you okay?"

"I'm really sorry, Yooh. I promise I didn't want to do that. I just-"

"What are you talking about?"

"Hum... I-I let a hickey..." I explained, stepping back.

"What!? Oh, no way!" She yelled, running to the bathroom.

I followed her and saw her checking her neck in the mirror.

"The members will make fun of me for sure." She sighed.

"What? Are you worried only because of your members laughing at you?"

"Yes!"

"But... What if your agency sees it? And your fans?"

"My agency won't say anything, Siyeon unnie often has some. And for the fans I can just cover it with makeup, right?" She smiled at me. "Anyway, want some desert?"

'Desert'? What did she mean by that? A real desert or another kissing session? Both would be okay with me, but I didn't understand.

"Hum... what do you mean by 'desert'?"

"A real desert, you !" She laughed. "I bought some ice cream!"

I slapped myself inside, regretting the stupid question. My members made me have a dirty mind like them, it was their fault!

"Yeah, sure!" I answered her question, following her back to the kitchen.

We took our ice creams and went to sit on the couch, eating in silence. In fact, it wasn't an awkward silence, we just didn't need to speak to enjoy each other's company. When we finished, we put our waste on the little table in front of us, as I turned to face her.

"Can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I started.

"Sure, ask me whatever you want."

"Hum... what happened with 'her'?" I dared to ask.

"Ah... it's a long story." She sighed.

"I have all the evening."

She looked down and thought for a few seconds. It wasn't an easy decision, I could understand her. Telling the story that hurt you for years to someone you just met, I didn't know what I would have done. She raised her head, now looking at me, and gave me a warm smile.

"You really want to know?"

I nodded.

"Okay." She agreed. "It all started 9 years ago..."

 

 

**********

A cute Vkook scene and a hot scene. Which one did you prefer? And, of course, next chapter will be a flashback. Are you excited?

Also, sorry for not updating yesterday, I forgot ups. But don't worry, tomorrow, I will update as usual! (if I don't forget...)

Question of the day: No question today, I just wish you all a late merry Christmas!

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading!