Chapter 4

Love and Fame

Yoohyeon's POV:

I was hugging a crying Jiu, caressing the back of her head trying to calm her down. Knowing her, she had probably stayed out here for a long time, without a coat or sweater and seeing how much she was shaking in my arms, she was probably getting sick. It broke my heart to see her that weak and helpless and to think that this was all my fault.

Behind me, I heard a car leaving and I knew it was the boys. I was grateful that they didn't come even if I knew Taehyung would have been happy to meet Jiu.

**********

After a bit, Jiu calmed down a bit and we headed to the dorm. I had my arm around her waist and carried her to the front door of our apartment. She was exhausted after and crying and worrying that much.

I silently took my keys from my pocket and opened the door in a slow motion, making as little noise as possible. It was almost 3 a.m., the girls were probably asleep. We stopped in front of her bedroom door:

"Will you be okay now?" I asked her, whispering.

She nodded and hugged me tightly. It surprised me but I hugged her back and caressed her back.

"I was so worried." She murmured, still sobbing a bit.

"I know, I'm sorry."

We broke the hug and I watched her going slowly in her room.

**********

The next day, we were waiting in our resting room at "The Show". I knew our fans had fought all week long for us to win second price and, this time, I was really confident : I trusted Insomnias.

While I was writing my English speech on my hand, Jiu came to sit next me. It looked like she hadn't gotten enough sleep.

"Hey, can I talk to you a bit outside?" she asked. I nodded and followed her in the corridor.

"So... I didn't want to talk about it with the others around because... I thought that... if you didn't tell us by yourself, you just didn't want us to know." She started.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

"Yesterday, you came back late at night with two men. And, from what I saw, they were Jungkook and V from BTS, am I right?"

"You are." I answered, looking down. I didn't want her or the others to know about my new friendship with them.

"Are you... close with them? Since when?" She asked shily. Why did she want to know about that? I had many friends and she was never that interested.

"I... I met them yesterday, when I was searching for my phone. They were nice and we got along well so we stayed the evening together." I lied. Well, that wasn't really a lie, I just didn't tell her that being with them wasn't my choice. But I knew she wouldn't let me see them again if she learned what happened.

"Ok, I understand. But be careful, it's not because they are from BTS that you can trust them. They are strangers you met at night, when you were alone. You could have gotten in big trouble." She scolded me sweetly.

"I know, I'm sorry." I answered, still looking at my feet.

"Don't worry, I'm just happy you are safe and came back to me." She said, suddenly hugging me.

I hugged her back, feeling relieved that she wasn't mad. She was the best leader I could wish for, always so caring and sweet with the members. I clearly didn't deserve her, always losing my stuffs, falling and bumping everywhere and now worrying her for not coming home. I promised myself to make her proud as I closed my eyes and melted in the hug.

"How cuuute ~~~ "A voice whispered in my ears. I opened my eyes and saw a tiny Sua standing just next to us. "I'm disturbing you, maybe?"

"Not at all." Jiu said, breaking the hug. "What's up?"

"We need to go, it's our turn to perform." Sua informed us pointing the direction of the recording studio.

"Okay, let's go!" Our leader answered, leading the way.

Sua came to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder, forcing me to stoop at her level.

"Ya, you idiot, why didn't you come back yesterday? I was worried sick!" She yelled.

"Sorry, I spent the evening with some friends." I said, chuckling for her behavior. She was always teasing me but I knew how much she cared about me.

And just like two playful siblings, we headed to the set.

**********

We made it, we won once again! I couldn't be more grateful for our Insomnias. After 5 years, were finally were rewarded for all the work we put in and I could never thank our fans enough for not giving up on us and keep on supporting us.

And just like that, we headed home, cheering with the trophy in our hand and Sua teasing me for the speech I wrote on my hand.

Once we arrived in front of the agency, we went out of the car, still screaming and jumping of joy when suddenly, my eyes fell on a familiar face, leaning against the wall next to the entrance door.

"Taehyung?" I exclaimed with a smile, walking toward him. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Yoohyeon, congratulation for your second win, you deserve it." He said, looking straight into my eyes. I didn't really pay attention before, but he had such beautiful eyes. I could see through them how sweet he was and how sincere he was about our new friendship.

Suddenly, I was taken out of my thoughts by a hand holding mine. I turned my head and saw Jiu, analyzing him from head to toes.

"You are the one who brought her yesterday night, right?" she asked, looking at him with a serious expression and squeezing my hand.

He galped and try to explain himself.

"Y-yes, t-that's me. I-I'm Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you, I-I'm a big fan of your group." He said, bowing.

"You are from BTS, right?" Siyeon asked, joining the discussion. "Wow, I didn't know Yoohyeonie had such friends, that's amazing! But please, come inside. We were about to celebrate our second win and we don't mind you joining us."

"A-are you sure?" He asked, not daring to look up.

"Sure, come in." Jiu answered, keeping her serious expression.

"Thank you for inviting me." He bowed once again to her.

I didn't know what was happening here. Why was Jiu acting like this? She was always happy when I had new friends. Taehyung was intimated by her and she knew it so I didn't know why she was doing this. I would have to ask her later.

As we went inside, we decided to go in the resting room upstairs so that Taehyung couldn't be seen from outside. I knew he would get into big troubles if someone saw him at Dreamcatcher Company with us.

We put some chairs in a circle and let the door half-opened to hear if someone was coming without being seen. And as we sat, I went to sit between Taehyung and Jiu. I knew how much he was uncomfortable next to her and I didn't want him to feel this way.

"So, how did you meet each other?" Siyeon asked, excited.

"Hum..." Taehyung started, looking at me.

"W-we met yesterday." I continued. "Hum... I met him by accident while I was searching my phone in our changing room. We got along well and spent the evening together." I explained, trying to remember what I told Jiu this morning.

"No, that's not what happened." Taehyung answered. "I know you just want to protect me, Yoohyeon, but I don't want you to have to lie to them." He took and deep breath and resumed his speech. "I'm a big fan of your group for a long time now. And I knew yesterday would be one of the only occasions I would have to meet you. So, with my friends, we made a plan to meet you discreetly, but I didn't go as planned and I was released really late. I ran to your room and that's where I met Yoohyeon. But-"

"Yes, that's what happened, I'm sorry I lied to you." I cut him, not wanting him to reveal how we got locked in the room.

"Thank you for telling us the truth about it." Jiu said, looking at Taehyung but with a grateful stare.

I felt relieved she changed her behavior toward him but I knew I had messed up by lying to her. I dared to look at her, trying to figure out what she thought about it but I felt like she was avoiding my eyes. I had disappointed her twice in two days and hated myself for that. I would have to apologize to her later.

"I am really touched that an Idol like you is fan of us." Yubin started. "But why would you make a plan to meet us? You can come to see us at any time, we wouldn't push you away. You are BTS after all."

"Well..." He tried to explain, looking at his feet. I put my hand on his shoulder, squeezing it lightly to give him some support. He smiled at me and took his speech up. "I am a member of the most popular K-pop group ever so I can't do what I want. All the fans and staff are watching me really closely and I can't risk being seen with you. My fans would probably destroy you and we would start a big scandal. So that's why I couldn't come to you."

"Okay, I see. I never thought your life was this controlled." Dami said, looking sorry for him.

We spoke together for a few minutes, laughing and talking about everything. Well, not me at least. I was observing the discussion and each of my friends. Taehyung was talking a lot with Sua, Siyeon and Gahyeon while Yubin and Handong were listening, giving they opinion from time to time. Jiu, as for her, was smiling and nodded to what the members were saying but I knew her, she was pretending to be okay.

I tried to reach for her hand, to show her how sorry I was but she pulled away, without even looking at me. I knew I deserved this treatment, I had messed up but it hurt so much.

"Hey guys, I think I will go home, I don't feel really good right now." I said, standing up. I just wanted to lay in my bed and be alone.

"You're not feeling good? Do you want me to take you home? I have my car parked in front of the agency." Taehyung suggested, standing up as well.

"No, don't wo- " I was cut in my sentence by a voice in the corridor.

"Did you see the girls? I think they came back a few minutes ago." It was our manager, she was searching for us. The next sound we heard was footsteps coming in our direction.

I looked at Taehyung and starting to panic. If he was seen here with us, he would get into big troubles and I couldn't let that happen.

I quickly pulled him from the collar and pushed him against the wall behind the door.

"It's your turn to stick me against the wall, isn't it?" He smirked.

"Shut, don't make any noise, I'm trying to help you here." I whispered, going back at the middle of the room and removing the eighth chair in the circle, to avoid suspicion.

I quickly sat back on my chair, almost falling, as our manager entered the room, bumping Taehyung's foot with the door. Luckily, she didn't notice.

"Girls, I have a good news for you!" she cheered.

"What is it?" Yubin asked.

"You're going to collaborate with BTS!" 

 

 

**********

Hey there, what's up? The fourth chapter is here, what did you think of it?

We are finally getting a bit in the story with the point of view of Yoohyeon and the chapter is longer than the ious ones.

Question of the chapter: who is your bias in BTS and Dreamcatcher? For me it's Jin and Yoohyeon!

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading this story!