Chapter 3

Love and Fame

Taehyung’s POV:

I couldn’t believe it. We finally met. Despite the darkness, I could easily tell how pretty she was, even if she was only wearing a simple jogger and a large crop-top. She lifted her head up and looked at me straight in my eyes. I couldn’t move like if her gaze was hypnotizing me.

But then, I realized that she was on the floor and that she probably hurt herself. I quickly went to her and helped her to stand up.

“I am so sorry, I shouldn’t have run, it’s all my fault.” She said bowing.

“No, it’s my fault, you did nothing wrong!” I hurried to answer. “Besides, are you ok? You fell pretty hard.”

“Yes, thank you for worrying.” She answered, bowing once again.

“You don’t need to be like this with me, we are almost the same age. By the way, my name is Kim Taehyung.”

“I am Kim Yoohyeon, nice to meet you.” She was about to bow but contained herself. She laughed shily and covered her face with her hand.

She was so cute. Insomnias were right, she really looked like a puppy.

When suddenly, we heard sounds of footsteps and two men speaking to each other.

“Are you sure Dreamcatcher’s room is here?”

“Yes, it’s just here.”

I could recognize this voice among millions. It was Namjoon, he was probably speaking to a staff member. I had to quickly hide. If I was seen here with Yoohyeon, I was dead for sure.

I pressed Yoohyeon against the wall behind the door and whispered to her not to make a noise.

Namjoon and the other man entered the room and the lights. I was so scared to be seen. I get even closer to Yoohyeon and could now feel her breath on my neck. I had my hands on each side of her face. I was blushing madly and we were both feeling so uncomfortable but I had to stay still until Namjoon would leave.

“There is no one here. He probably left.” He concluded and left.

I felt relieved and could finally breathe a bit. But the staff member, before following him, turned off the lights and locked the door. What had just happened?

Yoohyeon pushed me aside and ran to the door. I ran after her, grabbed her by the waist and covered with my hand. We had to stay silent, they were probably still near. After a few seconds, I released her. She went to the door and screamed for help, forcing the handle. By now, Namjoon was probably downstairs and I didn’t think there were anyone in the building. I went to sit on the couch and waited for Yoohyeon to calm down. She turned to me and looked at me with anger and… concern?

“What did you do? Why would you bring me into this? What did I do to you?” She screamed, breathless. She slowly dropped to the floor, still against the door. I didn’t answer.

“My member will be so worried.” She muttered.

She was locked in a room with a stranger at night and yet, she thought first of her friends. I knew she was incredible but I was still impressed.

After a bit, she stood up lazily and went to sit on the couch, far from me. At that moment, I received a message from manager Minho.

“Taehyung, where are you? It’s been 15min, did you find what you were searching for?”

“Yes, don’t worry.” I though a second of a lie and added: “In fact, I met a friend and we left together. Don’t wait for me tonight.”

“Ok, have fun”

“Will your friends come to help us?” Yoohyeon asked me as I was putting my phone in my pocket. She wasn’t even looking at me. She must have hated me and I understood.

“No, that was my manager, I told him to leave.” I started. She didn’t answer. “Look, I am sorry for what I did but I had to.”

She was about to speak but I cut her.

“Let me explain myself first and then I will let you yell at me or even hit me if you want.” I took a deep breath and explained her my situation, that I was a big fan of her group but that I wasn’t allowed to see them. Otherwise, I would get in trouble with my manager, my leader, my agency and all fans. I also explained her the plan I had with Jennie and the boys and how it failed miserably.

She finally looked at me and smiled shily. My heart was beating so fast and I must have been blushing madly. It was crazy how a little smile could do this effect on me. Was it what Armies were feeling when I smile at them? It was now my turn to look at my feet.

“Now, I understand why you did that. You panicked and hid me with you. Don’t worry I’m not angry at you.”

She stood up and came to sit next to me. She started to pat my back and said:

“It must be so hard to be in your situation. I think all K-pop groups dream of becoming as popular as you but we don’t realize what it costs. You must be so pressured all the time by everyone, it must be hard. At least, this night allowed me to know what BTS has to face every day. So, in the future, if you need to talk to someone, I’m here.”

What? Did she just offer to see each other again? So after working hard to meet Dreamcatcher, I was getting close to one of them. I knew this new friendship would help me to feel freer and to forget this stressful life for a bit. I smiled warmly to her before realizing:

“By the way, why did you come back? Did you forget something?” I asked.

“Yes, I forgot my phone. Plus, last time I had it, it was out of battery.”

We stood up and started to search for her phone. We looked in furniture drawers and closets and even under the armchairs and couch. In the end, I found it hidden between two cushions on the sofa.

But at that moment, we heard sound of footsteps outside. Yoohyeon told me to hide and shouted, asking for help. Soon, someone came and unlocked the door.

“Hello… well… hum…” Yoohyeon was searching an excuse. “I fell asleep on the couch and someone came and locked the door.” She laughed, a bit embarrassed.

“And so now you are all alone in this room?” he asked, smirking.

I felt like he would try something on her. I quickly put a mask on so that he couldn’t recognize me and was about to interfere when Yoohyeon answered:

“I’m an Idol, you can’t do anything. Moreover, I know where you work and I memorized your face. But thank you for coming, now you can leave.”

I was speechless. How could a woman could be cute and a second after this charismatic? The man left and there were just the two of us again.

“Are you ready to go Zorro?” she said, laughing at me. Yes, she clearly didn’t need a hero.

**********

After 20min, Jungkook came to pick us up. I asked him to come because I knew he would be discrete.

In the car, they got along well. They were both born in 1997 and I was born in 1995 so they laughed at me, saying that I was old. I didn’t say anything, I was so happy that my best friend and my new friend liked each other.

When we arrived at Dreamcatcher Company, Yoohyeon ran to the entrance, hugging a crying Jiu. The leader hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go. She must have been so scared, she didn’t know where Yoohyeon was for 5 hours at least. The younger one was patting the head of her worried friend and tried to calm her down.

I wanted to introduce myself to Jiu but it didn’t seem to be the good moment. So I just left with Jungkook, already excited to see her again.

 

 

**********

Hello, here is the third chapter, I hope you liked it ! Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about this story !

The two first chapters were a bit bored but that was to introduce the story so here it's starting to be interesting !

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading!