Chapter 6

Love and Fame

Yoohyeon's POV:

One week later, we had our first training with the boys. I had talk with Jiu and she forgave me. She told me that what made her mad was the fact that I accepted to hang out with a boy I didn't even know and even more a boy who did everything to reach me and all of that without informing her. I couldn't tell her what really happened so I just agreed with her on the fact that I was naïve and that it was stupid.

On our way there, in the car, our manager gave us last instructions.

"So BTS is the greatest and most famous K-pop group ever. I could tell you how lucky you are to work with them but I think it's the opposite, they should be happy to work with you."

"Oh, I'm sure they are." Siyeon said, looking at me with a smirk.

"It's only a professional collaboration." Jiu answered with a serious tone. She was acting so cold when we were talking about the boys, I didn't know why.

"Yes, you're right Jiu." Our manager agreed. "As I said, they are really popular and they have millions and millions of fans. So, we have to avoid big ships between both of you or scandals and for that, try to not stick to only one of them in public, and don't get too close to them. I don't want to have to protect you against their fans because it's literally an Army! However, you can have fun with them during practice."

We all nodded, determined to work hard with the boys and deliver a good performance.

**********

As we arrived in front of their building, we were amazed by the its height. We had to break our neck to be able to see the top of the building. It was so different from our agency and it made me feel so small. Maybe this collaboration was a bad idea, maybe this world wasn't for us. What if we fail the performance? Everyone will put the fault on us. I started to stress more and more as bad thoughts crossed my mind. But a hand on mine brought me back to reality.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jiu asked me with a little smile, seeing I was shaking.

"Yeah, I just... stress a little bit. What if we do bad? What if-"

"No, stop the 'what ifs' and stop stressing. Everything will be okay, don't worry. And like our manager said in the car, they are lucky to work us, not the opposite, so they should be the ones stressing, not you, okay?" She reassured me, caressing my cheek with the palm of her hand.

I nodded and followed her inside, not letting go of her hand. Even after all those years, my heart couldn't stop betting fast for her.

The lobby was probably the height of all Dreamcatcher Company and there were so many people well dressed and walking in every direction, it looked like an anthill. Now, I could understand Taehyung when he said that his world was really different from mine.

We waited a few seconds before a woman in a suit with perfect hair and makeup came to see us.

"Hello, you must be Dreamcatcher, right?"

"Yes, it's us." Jiu answered with a smile. She looked so relaxed, I envied her.

"Okay, perfect. Follow me." The woman added, taking us in a big elevator. She presented her badge and pressed the button 14 out of 59. 59 floors, that was crazy, we had only 3. "This part of the building is private so we need a specific badge to get there." She explained.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened on a long corridor. We followed the woman and quickly heard music and masculine voices. And among them, I could recognize a lower voice, that was Taehyung.

As we were getting closer and closer from where they were, I was getting more and more stressed but also excited. Jiu gently squeezed my hand and smiled at me to reassured me. That's when I saw it, I could read it in her eyes. She was also really stressed but didn't want to share what she felt, she preferred to hide it, as always... I gave her a little smile and looked down still walking with her hand in mine. This behavior was one of the things that destroyed our relationship years ago.

As I was thinking, I didn't realize that the group stopped and bumped into Siyeon. I whispered a "sorry" and turned my attention to the woman.

"The boys and staff are waiting for you in this room." She said pointing at door. "I will let you here. If you need anything, ask to one of the staff." She then bowed and left by where we came from.

"Maybe we should enter then." Handong proposed.

Jiu led the way to the door, pulling me with her. She slowly put her shaky hand on the handle of the door and took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Welcome!" The boys and the staff yelled as we entered in the room. They all were smiling, laughing and applauding us. My stress disappeared in a second and I couldn't help but smile. I went to see Taehyung and Jungkook but Jiu held me back and whispered in my ear:

"Wait, we have to do our introduction. And don't stick only to them, remember what we talk about in the car." She stepped back and let go of my hand. "1, 2, 3!"

"Dream of me! Hello, we are Dreamcatcher!" We all said together.

RM gathered s and did the same thing.

"1, 2, 3! Bang-"

"Tan! Hello, we are BTS!" s continued.

"Hello, my name is RM and I am the leader of BTS, nice to meet you!" He bowed.

"I'm Jiu, it's a pleasure to work with you." She bowed as well, giving a big smile to RM. And for a few seconds they just looked in each other's eyes, smiling.

"Hum... I'm Yoohyeon." I said taking her hand. What was she doing? She just told me to not get to close to them and here she was sharing a lovely look with their leader.

"And I'm V, but you can call me Taehyung." He bowed to me, giving me a sweet smile. I just realized it, but he really looked like a prince.

I tried to let go of Jiu's hand to go to see him but she didn't let me. I looked at her in the eyes, trying to read what she thought but she avoided my gaze and released my hand.

We quickly finished to introduce each member and I went to see Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Hey, how are you doing guys?" I asked them.

"We are so happy to do this collaboration!" Jungkook said happily. "Especially Taehyung, he talked about it every day." He continued as Taehyung hid his face in his hands.

"Everyone, please come here." RM called us.

We all joined Jiu and him in the center of the training room and installed chairs in a circle. I sat between Yubin, my best friend and Taehyung, my new friend.

"So, when we chose you, we thought about doing a 'y' performance. What do you think?" RM asked.

"Oh, I love that idea!" Sua yelled.

"Me too! But we have to avoid shipping things and love scandals, though." Siyeon reminded.

"Yes, but don't worry. If we don't show any sign of affection out of stage, it will be alright." Jimin reassured us.

"Ok, I'm in too." I agreed with a smile.

"Me too!" Handong added.

"Yes, it looks fun!" Gahyeon said.

"If even our maknae is in, let's do it!" Yubin agreed too.

"Well, all of my members agreed so now I can't refuse." Jiu smiled at RM.

I couldn't hold it. They looked like our parents and so it meant couple. She was 28 and it was the age to find the person she loved and maybe have a family but I wasn't ready for her to find someone. I knew it was really selfish but I couldn't help thinking this way. I clenched my fists on my thighs, trying to suppress this feeling when Yubin put her hands on my fists.

"Hey, are you alright?" She whispered.

I nodded as I was still looking at the leaders having fun together.

"I know it's hard, but you have to move on, Yooh."

"I try, but it's easier said than done." I defended myself, now looking down.

"You still feel something for her, right?"

To this question, my heart tightened. Yes, I still felt something for her, but I couldn't do anything. She would find someone for her while I would still be stuck. I gave a little nod to Yubin, to let her know how I felt. She was my best friend, my confidant, I knew I could trust her.

"Yoohyeon, it's been 3 years already. I know we are idol, but try to meet other people, I don't know. Look, you're getting close to Taehyung, no?"

I turned my head toward Taehyung and observed him for a bit. He was really handsome, funny, kind and caring but it was way too soon to think of him in a romantic way. As I was looking at him, he turned his head and smiled at me. He was really cute, that was for sure.

"Yoohyeon, are you okay?" Siyeon asked me from the other side of the circle.

I had to blink a few times to get out of my trance before I turned to Siyeon, not understanding why she asked that.

"Yes, of course. Why?"

"We called you but you didn't answer. Were you lost in mister perfect's eyes?" She asked, smirking.

"Wh-What? N-No, I-I wasn't. Wait, were you talking about Taehyung? And what did you call me for?" I stammered.

"Yeaaah, good job puppy, we were indeed talking about him." Sua continued. "And we asked you what you were thinking about the plan."

"What I'm thinking? But I told you, I'm in for a y performance."

At this answered, Sua and Siyeon burst out laughing and I couldn't understand why, I answered their question.

"We have changed the subject since then, Yoohyeon." Sua continued still laughing.

I turned to Yubin not understanding what she was talking about. In fact, I was so lost in my thoughts that I couldn't really listen to anything.

"While you were dreaming, we started to do "couples" for this stage. We are 14 so we need to be well organized. If we start changing partner every second, it would be a mess. So RM proposes to put you with Taehyung but Jiu thought it would be a better idea to put you with Suga. What do you think?"

"With Suga? And why not with Taehyung?" I asked Jiu, hoping it was by jealousy.

"Because you are already close with him so if people see you two together on stage and outside, you could get into trouble. By being with Suga, you can keep your proximity with him without worrying." She explained.

How stupid was I to think she would be jealous? Yubin was right, I had to move on. After three years, I had the right to be happy and to find someone who would really love me. I turned to Taehyung and said:

"Yes, you're right. I would do anything to keep this proximity."

Taehyung's eyes widened at my words and a big smile appeared on his face. I met him only some weeks ago and yet, I could feel how sincere he was in this friendship. And honestly, it felt good.

"Okay, so to summarize, Jiu is with Jin, Yoohyeon with Suga, Dami with me, Siyeon with Jimin, Handong with V, Gahyeon with Jungkook and Sua and J-hope will be together to create the choreography, that's right?" RM asked.

"Yes, exactly. Now, we have to find a song." Jiu added.

And for the following 30 minutes, we tried to find a good song, going on YouTube, trying some dancing step, hitting some high notes to finally reach an agreement. First, the boys would do "Rainism" and we would dance with them to give them a 'bad boy' image. Then we would take over and become 'the strong girls who control boys' with the song "Abracadabra". We wanted to do a little wink to our past to remind the public where we come from. And finally, once the public would be hotter than ever after those performances, we would make them scream even louder by dancing together "Love Shot" by EXO.

This collaboration was going to stay in memories and we would work hard to put the fire on stage. After all, we were Dreamcatcher and BTS, we were born for that.

 

 

**********

Here is the sixth chapter, I hope you liked it! So, we discovered a bit of Yoohyeon's past but it's still unclear. What are you thoughts about it?

Question of the chapter: Have you ever been to a K-pop concert? For me yes, Ateez and it was so cool!!

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading!