Chapter 1

Love and Fame

Taehyung’s POV:

“This week’s champion song”

“3”

“2”

“1”

My heart was beating very fast and I couldn’t take my eyes off the TV screen. I stopped to breathe, waiting impatiently to see who would be the winner. I felt like time had stopped. When suddenly…

The screen revealed Dreamcatcher’s “Maison” music video.

I jumped the sofa I was sitting on and screamed with joy. Dreamcatcher’s first win, finally! After five years, they had what they deserved!

Jungkook ran out of his room, almost falling, and came to me, out of breath.

“Hyung, are you alright?”

“Yes, don’t worry. I’m sorry I frightened you.” I said, standing from the floor and going back to the sofa. Jungkook came to sit next to me wondering what I was watching. I introduced him quickly to Dreamcatcher and explained that they had finally won after 5 years. He was happy about that, even though he didn’t know who they were. He was always so supportive about everything and I was grateful for that.

The girls arrived on the scene, each of them crying, even Dami. That made me so emotional. Jiu started her speech, hiding her face with her hand. She was struggling to speak. They were all hugging each other, tears rolling down their cheeks. I just wanted to take them in my arms and congratulate them.

The music started and Jiu was the first to sing. She tried her best to get the notes right and she succeeded. Yoohyeon, on the other hand, didn’t manage to sing her part and broke into tears, hiding from the camera. My heart sank, even though they were tears from happiness.

Jungkook and I were listening to the girls when we heard a knock on the door.

“Jungkook, Taehyung, we have a meeting, come quickly!” Namjoon called for us.

“We’re coming!” I answered him.

I turned the TV off and we headed to the door, joining Namjoon who was waiting outside.

“What is the meeting about?” asked Jungkook as we were walking.

“The K-pop festival next week.”

**********

We arrived in the meeting room and quickly took our seat. The rest of the members were already here, as well as manager Minho. They were only waiting for us.

“You all know that, next week, you will attend the K-pop festival 2022. Here is the list of the groups that will be present.” He said, giving the list to Namjoon. He looked at it quickly and then gave it to me.

These days, we didn’t attend to much events, it was often only 4th generation groups coming to these kinds of events. But this time, groups of all generations would come so it was my chance to meet the one I never met. I gave a quick look at the list, paying almost no attention, when my eyes suddenly came to a halt, spotting “Dreamcatcher”. I couldn’t believe it, we would be at the same place at the same time! I knew I was a member of the most famous K-pop group ever but I loved these girls so much, they were so inspiring. My heart was beating so fast and I was so excited to be next week. But I had to keep this excitement hidden, I knew manager Minho wouldn’t be okay with me being with them. Either I would promote them just by talking with them and I would be yelled at, or crazy Armies may start insulting them. In both cases, it wasn’t good.

I gave the list to Jungkook and tried to focus on what manager Minho was saying.

“You probably saw it but Blackpink will be here. I want you to interact with them. V, go and flirt with Jennie, give the Armies and Blinks some spicy moments and stop this stupid fanwar.”

I nodded without really agreeing. Could I really flirt with someone, just in front of Dreamcatcher? I felt like cheating on them. I really liked Jennie, she was a really good friend but what we did together when we were in front of cameras was only fan service. I needed to find a solution to go to see the girls and stay with Blackpink and my group.

“Hyung, did you see that?” Jungkook asked me. “Dreamcatcher is on the list, they will be there as well. Aren’t you happy?”

At that exact moment, I felt heavy eyes on me. I slowly raised my head towards manager Minho.

“Do you know them?” the manager asked me. “You weren’t thinking of walking up to them and starting a conversation, were you?”

I didn’t know what to answer. I knew that if I told him the truth, he wouldn’t trust me and I wouldn’t have the chance to see them.

“How could I? You just asked us to spend our time with Blackpink.” I finally answered, kicking Jungkook’s feet with my own, to tell him that he had just made a big mistake. “Moreover, we are much more popular than them, we have nothing to do with them.”

He nodded and went on with his speech. But I didn’t hear anything… or rather, I wasn’t listening. I couldn’t concentrate anymore, I hated myself for what I had just said, the girls didn’t deserve that. But I promised myself that I hadn’t lied for nothing and that I would go and meet them in a week, during the K-pop festival.

**********

As the days passed, I was getting more and more impatient. I would finally meet and I would be able to congratulate them on their first win. I didn’t know how to approach them yet but I knew Jungkook could help me. We also talked Jimin into it as well. I knew I could count on them, they were the best of friends.

Two days before D-day, I called Jennie to see what kind of “spicy moments” we could give the fans. We thought about whispering in each other’s ears or giving each other some intense stares. But she quickly saw that something was bothering me. I explained the situation and we managed to find a plan. At the end of the event, Jennie and I would go and meet the girls while Jimin and Jungkook would distract manager Minho. She suggested to come with me so that people could testify that they saw us together. This plan seemed perfect, I was so sure that everything was going to go well. If only I had known what was about to happen…

 

 

**********

Hello and welcome to this new story, I hope you will like it ! Let me know what you thought about this first chapter and what you think will happen in the next one !

Also, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading !