Chapter 10: Yoohyeon's past (part 1)

Love and Fame

Yoohyeon's POV:

November 2013:

I couldn't believe it, I got accepted in a K-pop agency! I was going to be a trainee and maybe become an Idol! I was so excited to start, to learn new things, meet new people, live in Seoul! Living my dream in the great capital of South Korea, I couldn't be happier!

But I already missed my family really badly, even if I left them an hour ago. Saying goodbye to them made me question my desire to live my dream in the capital. However, they reassured me, telling me I would meet incredible people who would make me feel loved like they did and that I would be too busy to feel sad about the separation.

"We arrive in 30min." The driver announced. He came to pick me in front of my house an hour ago. I couldn't believe they sent a driver at Incheon just for a simple trainee. But I didn't complain, that was pretty cool. "I will let you at the agency and they will take you to your dorm."

I thanked him for the information before looking through the window. I was watching the tall buildings go by, cars passing us and many people walking mechanically, most of them focused on their phone. In fact, it wasn't that different from Incheon, but it made me feel different. That's when I realized, I was going to meet my roommates, the persons with whom I would spend most of my time, with whom I would grow and learn. I was getting more and more excited, thinking about that and couldn't hold anymore.

"Hum... excuse me, Sir." I started. "By any chance, do you know who will be my roommates?"

"I'm not sure but I think there is a free bed in the room of Minji and Siyeon. They are a bit older than you and have been here for about a year. But they are really nice, you will see."

'Minji' and 'Siyeon', their names were so cool, I was even more excited to meet them. I hoped they would like me. Now I was started to be nervous. What if I did something strange or hurt them by mistake? What if they rejected me? I tried to forget those bad thoughts as I focused my attention back to the window.

**********

30min later, we stopped and the driver parked the car, but I couldn't see any agency. Did we have to walk to get there? I didn't mind it but I just thought he would take us in front of the building.

I went out of the car, helping him to take my suitcases out of the trunk and followed him. But we didn't have to walk a lot since the building was right in front of us. I looked at it and it really didn't look like an agency but more like a house. With its three flours, it had nothing to do with the huge companies of fifty floors like the big 3. At least, I wasn't going to lost myself in it. One mistake avoided, phew!

The driver went to the entrance and typed a code, opening the door. He put my suitcases in the lobby and let me in.

"Okay kid, my job here is done so I leave you now. The CEO is coming in a few minutes so you can wait here." He pointed in a room at my left. "Don't worry, you don't have to stress or anything. If he chose you, it's because you're talented and you deserve to be here. So relax and enjoyed your life as a trainee. See you soon!"

I thanked him for his encouragement while bowing respectfully and watched him leaving the building, getting back in his car and driving away. I breathed deeply before putting my stuffs in a corner and going to sit on the couch of the resting room and waited. I waited for what looked like hours and as time passed by, I was getting more and more nervous, biting my nails and trembling my leg frenetically.

"Hey, you're okay? You seem stressed as ." A girl laughed from the entrance of the room.

Even though she was wearing casual clothes of training she seemed so cool and full of confidence. Her brown hair tied in a ponytail shows her fine features and her sharp eyes. I bet she must have been really charismatic on stage.

I stood up in a hurry to bow to her but crossed my legs by mistake and fell on my knees. I was so embarrassed. I slowly went back to my feet before seeing the cool girl running to me.

"Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself? Damn, you fell hard on your knees." She worried as she rubbed my pants.

"Yes, I'm okay, don't worry. I'm used to fell everywhere, anyway." I laughed awkwardly.

"Ya, be more careful!" She laughed. "By the way, I'm Dami! But you can call me Yubin!" She introduced herself, holding out her hand.

"I'm Yoohyeon, nice to meet you." I smiled, shaking her hand.

"Kim Yoohyeon, the new trainee from Incheon!" A man announced, entering in the room. It was Lee Juwon, the CEO of agency. Yubin and I bowed deeply, before she left, whispering a 'see you around'. "Take a seat, please." He pointed to the couch.

I followed him and sat on the sofa in front of him.

"When I saw you the first time, I was really impressed. You're only 16 years old and you already have a lot of potential." I thanked him and continued to listen to him. "So now, Yubin will take you to your dorm and you will have your whole day to unpack and maybe go out a little. And tomorrow you start your training. Don't worry, we will start slowly at first but you have to give your best for each training. Moreover, you will have to go to high school so you will need to work harder to catch up on the others. But Yubin is already following this schedule so you can ask her some advice. Do you have any questions?"

"First, thank you a lot for trusting me. I promise you I will give my best and I will work hard to make you proud!" I thanked him. He gave me the opportunity to get closer to my dream and maybe even reach it. "And... hum... Will I be in Minji and Siyeon's dorm?"

"Yes, you will for now. But how do you know them?"

"The driver told me there was a free bed in their room."

"Okay, I see. Yes, you will be with them for now. You will see, they really are the sweetest, they will welcome you well!"

"Okay, thank you!"

"I will take your suitcases in my car and bring them to the dorm. Like this, you can learn the way there with Yubin." He offered, standing up.

I stood up too and followed him in the lobby, where Yubin was waiting.

"Okay, girls. I will probably arrive before you but I can't wait for you, I have a meeting. So, take your time, your luggage will already be there."

We helped him to put my stuffs in his car and watched him drive away. Then, Yubin walked me to the dorm, showing me some nice cafe, a convenient store and some pretty streets to jog.

After 10min, we arrived in front of the building. She typed the entrance code and took me to the second floor.

"So, here are our dorms, for girls and boys. We are about ten girls and ten boys so we have 1 apartment each with 2 or 3 rooms." She explained, opening the door of an apartment. "Girls! I brought the newbie!" She yelled. "Your room is this one, normally your stuffs are there, you can start to unpack." She pointed as she left to go to her room I guessed.

"Okay, thank you." I said, walking with a hesitant pace toward my room. I was going to meet my roommates, I was so nervous but excited at the same time.

I put my hand on the handle of the door and was about to open when someone opened it from the other side, surprising me.

"Oh, hey! You're the new kid, right?" She asked with a smile.

She was so cute. With her fine features and round cheeks, she made me think of a rabbit maybe, or a hamster. But suddenly, I remembered that I had been told that she was older.

I bowed respectfully to her and introduced myself.

"Hello, my name is Kim Yoohyeon, I'm 16 years old and I come from Incheon."

"Wow, what a complete introduction!" She laughed. "My name is Lee Siyeon, I'm 18 and come from Daegu. Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled at her as I started to take care of my suitcases.

But I was quickly interrupted by another girl entering the room. I turned to her, ready to bow when I was startled by her beauty. I have never seen anyone so beautiful. Her long brown hair following her perfect features and falling on her shoulders, a smile so bright and refreshing and such beautiful eyes that reflected kindness and benevolence. I couldn't help but look at her, I was lost in her eyes and it was impossible to get out of this trance.

"H-Hum..." I tried to get my act together. "Hello, my name is Kim Yooh-" I bowed deeply but bumped violently my forehead on the handle of my suitcases. I lost my balance and took a step back but I tripped on my backpack on the floor and fell on my .

I was so ashamed of myself. First, with Yubin and now with my new roommates. Right now, I just wanted to go back home and cry. Why was I this clumsy?

I buried my face in my hands, just wanting to disappear from this world when someone grabbed gently my hands and removed them. It was this pretty girl, she was kneeling in front of me with a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay? It must have hurt a lot, no? Wait, let me see."

She put her hand under my chin and made me raise my head slightly to expose my forehead to the light. She moved a few inches closer to my face and studied the spot I had hit. I didn't even dare to breathe.

"Siyeon, could you go take some ice, please? It's already really red, I think you will have a bump and a beautiful hematoma." She stated, putting a few strands of hair behind my ear. At this action, I felt a shiver run down my spine and my heart was beating faster and faster. I didn't know what was happening to me, I never felt that before.

Siyeon ran out of the room and came back a minute later with a pack of ice that she gave to this unknown girl. She carefully put it on my forehead and, when she saw me flinching to the cold contact, whispered a 'sorry'. She was so caring toward me, even though we didn't know each other.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?" She asked, checking my body but not daring to touch me. She was pretty, caring and respectful. Was there something bad about her?

I shook my head as she took the ice pack away.

"Are you feeling dizzy maybe?" I shook my head once again.

"Okay, that's great." She smiled at me. How was it possible to be this pretty? "How about Siyeon and I help you to unpack your stuffs, we eat here together to show you the kitchen and the different household appliances? And then we could take you outside to show you around. What do you think?"

"Hum... Y-Yes, it would be amazing. T-Thank you." I stuttered.

"I was about to propose the same thing!" Said Siyeon. "Unfortunately, I'm not free this afternoon, so it will be only Minji unnie."

'Minji'? So it was her?

"Oh no, it's too bad... Is it still okay with you?... hum... what's your name by the way?"

"Yoohyeon, Kim Yoohyeon."

"Oh, another Kim!" She cheered with a big smile. "I'm Kim Minji by the way! But you can call me Jiu!"

"Nice to meet you." I smiled at her. Siyeon and her were really nice and caring, I was so lucky to be their roommates. It would change me from home, where I spent my life fighting with my siblings.

**********

It was now lunch time. They helped me to unpack all of my stuffs and showed me some things around the apartment, explaining to me their organization here. We were 10 trainees for 3 rooms so we were a little tight but it was okay, knowing we were outside all day.

We took our time to eat together to get to know each other. Siyeon told me that she was in a rock band during her school time at Daegu and that she really liked video games. She even offered to take me to an arcade next to the agency during a day off. Jiu, as for her, really liked plushies and pink stuffs. Siyeon even called her pink princess, it was fun.

After lunch, we cleaned our dishes and prepared ourself to leave. I was so excited to discover the city, I had heard so much about it. First, we accompanied Siyeon to the agency and they asked me to guide them, to check if I knew the way. And, of course, I lost us. But they were both sympathetic and understanding and assured me that it was no big deal.

Then, Siyeon left us to went practice in the agency while Jiu took me to my future school, Jinseon girls' high school. It was Siyeon's school when she went to high school but today it was Yubin's, and now mine. She then showed me the train station, some bus stop near the agency and even bought me some tickets for when I would need it. She was really the sweetest, I was so glad to have her as my roommate.

"So, do you like the city?" She asked siting on a bench. We just took some ice cream and were now sitting next to the Han River.

"Yes, it's really cool, thank you for this afternoon." I thanked her shily.

"I can't believe it." She sighed loudly. "We spent all the afternoon together and you're still acting shy! Are you scared of me maybe?"

"No, of course no! It's just... you're so cool and so pretty. it's kind of impressive to be standing next to you."

"Really?" She laughed out loud. "You're also really pretty, and I'm not feeling shy."

I blushed madly and looked down, trying to hide my red cheeks.

"T-Thank you, unnie."

"Ah, is it because I'm older than you? You don't have to be shy because of that. After all, we are both trainees and working hard for our dreams. So we have to help each other. But we can't if we keep this distance. But don't worry, you don't have to be super confident right now, I'm not pressuring you! I know you come from far from here and you're feeling maybe a bit lost. But just know that, if you need anything, don't feel shy and come to ask me. I will be glad to help you!" She smiled brightly.

She was so pretty, so bright. Once again, I couldn't take my eyes off her, her beauty was mesmerizing. As I was staring at her, I didn't realize she was looking at me, confused.

"Yoohyeon, are you okay? Do I have something on my face?"

"Hum... what? Something on your face? N-No, no, n-nothing." I blinked a few times, getting out of my trance.

"But you on the other hand, yes." She laughed. "You have some ice cream on the corner of your lips. Wait don't move."

She slowly leaned in, putting her thumb on my lips and wiped the ice cream, removing it from my face. She was so close to me, and staring at my lips, my heart was beating so fast, I felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. Like this morning, when she took care of me. She then brought her thumb back to , it to clean it. It was so hot, she was so hot. Wait, why was I thinking this? Get your act together Kim Yoohyeon!

"T-Thank you, unnie." I said, looking down. I was probably so red right now.

After we finished our ice creams, we headed back to the apartment. We had dinner with all of the other girl trainees and we got ready to go to sleep. I happily told Siyeon about my afternoon with Jiu, fighting to keep my eyes open, before deeply falling asleep. This was an exhausted day, but I couldn't wait to start the training.

**********

I've been here for a week now. The training was really intense but I felt like I already learned a lot, and I really liked that. Siyeon and Jiu were so sweet toward me, they really treated me like a little sister and I felt more comfortable with them. It was now my first day at school, and I was going with Yubin since we were in the same high school. Unfortunately, we weren't in the same class, as I was with the students born in 1996 and Yubin, the ones of our ages. I was born at the very beginning of the year, that was why.

So, in the morning, we got separate. I went to my new class and met my new classmates. But I didn't dare go talk to them, I was still a bit shy with my elders. But it was okay, I had Yubin, who was waiting for me, in front of my class for lunch time.

"Hey!" She said. "How was your first morning?"

"It was pretty cool, the teachers are really great! But it was a bit awkward when I had to introduce myself in front of everyone..."

"Haha, yes, I imagine. Anyway, want to have lunch together? I can show you the cafeteria like this!"

"Yes, I would love to!"

I followed her there and she explained to me how it worked. In fact, it was a bit like in my old school, I just had to remember where to take my plate and food and where to put my tray away when I was done.

We took our meals and went to sit at a free table as she explained me the daily schedule of a student-trainee.

"... and after your last lesson, you wait for me at the entrance. Do you have any questions?"

"No, I don't think so. But I will ask you if I have any, thank you!"

"You're welcome! So, how do you feel about your new life? Not too stressed by this new crazy schedule? "

"Well, I can't say it's easy but I can't complain. Being an idol always was my dream and here I am training to be one! I can't be better! Plus, Siyeon and Jiu are really nice and help me a lot! And you too, of course!"

"Yes, you were really lucky! When I arrived, I was with a girl older than me and she was treating me like a nobody. She thought that by putting others down, she would succeed more easily. At that time, I just arrived so I thought that it was normal, you know. It's really hard to debut so you have to do everything you can. But Jiu found out and reported her to the agency. Conclusion, this girl got fired and I was able to train without being afraid to go home."

"Wow, it must have been hard. The school and the training are already really stressing, I don't know how you did. Luckily Jiu was there."

"Yes, I agree. I was really about to give up everything and go back to my previous life."

"She's really the best. It's been one week since I met her and she has no defects. Well, I'm not saying I was looking for any but she's so perfect! She has everything to succeed, she pretty, kind, funny and so talented!"

I admired her so much, she was here for me since I arrived at Seoul. She helped me a lot, made me visit the city, introduced me to the other trainees, checked on me every day to see if I was okay. And her bright smile was really the thing I was looking for every day.

As I was thinking of her, I caught myself smiling. Yubin was looking at me but I couldn't read what she was thinking. It was starting to be awkward so I tried to find a subject to talk about.

"Hum... so you-" I started.

"Are you into girls?"

What?! What is she talking about? What did she ask that all of sudden? I was speechless. Her question really caught me off guard and I didn't know what to answer. Maybe it was normal to know the uality of every person here in Seoul. Or... did Yubin has a crush on me?!

"N-No, why?" I stuttered.

"Okay, that's great."

Right now, I was so lost. First, I thought she asked that because she was interested in me and now, she told me that it was good for me to not be into girls.

"Can I have a context?" I asked.

"Jiu is a playgirl."

"W-What?" Those four words managed to make me feel dizzy in just a few seconds. Jiu... a playgirl? The Jiu I knew, the sweetest and the most caring person I ever met? This Jiu? No, it was impossible. At this thought, my heart tightened, almost preventing me from breathing. I couldn't believe it, I had to learn more about it.

"She breaks hearts."

"W-What do you mean? How do you know?"

"I will tell you but please, don't act distant after that with her. You're not into girls so you don't risk anything and she really likes you, in a friendly way. It would probably hurt her if you avoid her."

"Yes, of course." I reassured her, not really convinced by my own answer. But it was started to scare me. Did she like playing with people's hearts? Was she playing with mine?

At this moment, my first afternoon with her came to my mind. I remembered her cleaning the corner of my lips with her thumb and it. Was it just friendly or was she trying to play me? I knew I just said to Yubin that I wouldn't avoid her but this news scared me.

Wait, no! I was into boys, she couldn't do anything to me. I didn't know what was her intention toward me but I promised myself to not fall into her trap. I wouldn't fall for her, never.

"Since I know her, she broke three hearts, two boys and one girl. She makes them fall deeply for them and once they confess, she rejects them. One boy and the girl decided to left the agency, they couldn't bear to see her every day, it was too hard. The second boy stayed but he couldn't keep up with the intense pace of the trainings and a broken heart so the agency chose to put him out temporary, to let him the time to focus on himself and come back stronger. But he never wished to come back."

Jiu did that? That was impossible, she was too good to break three people like that. My heart tightened even more and I felt betrayed, even though I knew her only for a week. She was so perfect, so kind. She couldn't have done that.

"I know how you feel." Yubin said. "You looked at her as a model, she was perfect throughout your eyes. You feel betrayed, that's understandable. But at least, now you know who she is, and you can protect yourself, even if you tell me you weren't interested."

"Well..." I didn't know what to say, I was left speechless. "T-Thank you for the information."

"No problem. Just, Yoohyeon, don't act cold with her, now that you know that, please. Don't put a wall between you. And if she tries to flirt or anything, just see this as a game and nothing more."

"Y-Yes, okay, sure." I answered. How could I do that? Act as if I wasn't touch by her action? It was probably too late. But, even if she made me feel something, I wouldn't fall for her. I wouldn't let her destroy my dream.

We quickly finished our meals and Yubin took me to my class before heading to hers.

**********

Three months later, I had my third monthly evaluation since I arrived. And it was a total mess. I missed my high notes and I fell during the dance. I was exhausted physically and mentally. Plus, the school wasn't helping at all. I had a hard time keeping my grades up and had to stay up late to finish my homework.

Jiu tried to help me sometimes but I was scared that she was playing with my heart. Every time I thought she was flirting I became cold and rejected her. Her breaking my heart would be the end of me, I could understand why the others had to leave after she rejected them.

But a bit after my arrival, a new trainee arrived, Sua. She was the same age as Jiu so they stayed a lot together. At the same time, I was relieved because she was spending less time with me, but for the same reason, I was sad and felt empty. My head was so messy, I didn't know what to think, how to act or anything. I was so lost. Plus, I missed a lot my family. This new life was too hard for me, I couldn't keep up.

This night, after I finished my homework late as usual, I silently went to bed. Jiu and Siyeon were already asleep, of course. This moment just before sleeping was the only moment I could focus on myself and release my stress. I put myself under the blanket, buried my face in my pillow and let myself cry all the tears I hold during the day. My failed evaluation, my bad marks at school, my family I missed so much, all of that was the cause of my pain. So letting my tears escape allowed me to sleep with a less heavy heart, at least.

My eyes were really dry because of the crying and it started to be difficult to keep my eyes open. I closed them and tried to fall asleep, still sobbing silently. But I couldn't. I was exhausted but it was impossible to fall asleep. I changed positions several times, trying to find a more comfortable one, or at least one that would help me fall asleep. A few last tears escaped my eyes, this life was too hard for me.

As I was suffering in silence, my eyes still closed, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Yoohyeon, come with me." I opened my eyes and saw her, Jiu. The person I least wanted to see but needed the most at the moment. What was she doing?

She took my hand in hers and pulled me out of my bed and out of the room. She closed the door and sat me on the couch in the living room.

"Wait a minute." She whispered as she left me to go in the kitchen. A few seconds later, she came back with a glass of water and sat down next to me. "Here, drink this."

I took the glass in my hand and took it to my lips. But clumsy as I was, I spilled some water on my pajamas. No, I wasn't clumsy, just tired. My hands were shaking and I had troubles holding the glass.

"Wait, let me help you." She said as she took the glass and made me drink slowly but carefully. Normally, I would have rejected her but I was too weak to do anything so I just let her do what she wanted. "Do you feel a little better?" she asked as she put the half-empty glass on the small table in front of us.

I lightly nodded my head, even if it wasn't true, I didn't want her to worried. But she wasn't saying anything, it started to scare me. What was she thinking? I looked at her from the corner of my eyes and saw her looking straight at me. I quickly looked down, pretending I didn't see her staring at me.

"It's not true, but it's okay. I know you won't tell me anything, anyway." She sighed sadly.

How did she know? So she noticed how I tried to avoid her? Well, it was kind of obvious. But now that she was saying it out loud, with this sad expression writing all over her face, I felt really guilty. Was it bad of me to do that? To protect myself again her games? Yubin warned me, she told me to not avoid Jiu or it would hurt her. But what was I supposed to do? Let her destroy my heart as if it was nothing?

"Why are you like this with me? What did I do to you?" She asked with a sad tone. It felt like a stab in the heart. Was I the villain in this story?

"Like what?" I pretended not to understand.

"You're acting cold with me. Every time I try to help you or to get close to you you're putting a wall between us. Why did I do to deserve this treatment?" She said, trying to keep her voice steady but failing. I could hear it trembling a little, she was on the verge of tears. I hurt her deeply and I was now paying the consequences. I was consumed with guilt and every time she asked me why, I felt like I was stabbed violently in my heart. But at the same time, I couldn't forget what Yubin told me.

"Hum... I..." I didn't want to tell her, it would hurt her even more and who knows what our relationship would be like after this talk? Well, at least, it would show her what happened when you break hearts. But I didn't want to be the one to break hers.

"Please, tell me. And I won't bother you again, I promise."

"Y-You're not bothering me."

"Then what is it? Why do reject me like this?"

I thought for a few seconds. Should I tell her, even if I would hurt her by doing so? I sighed and decided to ask her.

"Is it true? Did you break their hearts? Did you play with their feelings?" I asked, looking straight into her eyes. I had to be impassive, to show her that she couldn't play with me like she like with others. She couldn't manipulate me with some pretty smiles and kind attentions.

"I..." She didn't know what to say. She looked down and sighed deeply. "I... I didn't do it on purpose."

"What do you mean?"

"I never tried to make them love me. And when they confessed, I couldn't reciprocate their feelings, I didn't feel the same."

What? So what Yubin told me was false? Jiu wasn't a playgirl? Suddenly, I hated myself. She was there for me since I arrived, she did everything she could for me and I just rejected her because of some stupid rumors. I felt even more guilty and sorry for her. Even though I pushed her away, she always tried to help and support me. I didn't deserve to be close to her after what I did to her.

"I-I'm sorry. I thought-"

"Don't worry, it's okay. At least, now you know the truth and you won't reject me anymore." She smiled, holding my hands on my lap.

"Yes, indeed. But it's useless..."

After those words, a heavy silence fell on the room. I wanted to continue, to explain to her that I wanted to leave, that this life wasn't for me after all, but I couldn't. I didn't want to abandon her but at the time, I didn't want to say it out loud, to say that I was giving up on my dream.

"Useless? You think our friendship is... useless?" She asked, with a hoarse voice.

"N-No, it's not that!" She misunderstood the situation and was hurt with what she understood. I should have told her right away, instead of letting her imagining things.

"What is it then?"

I couldn't avoid it anymore, I had to tell her. I was only delaying the inevitable. It was a decision I already took but I was still trying to convince myself to stay and fight. But it was a fight I couldn't win and I had to admit it.

"I... I'm leaving..."

I felt her hands tightened on mine and I could understand why. We just fixed things between the two of us, we could have started a new friendship and become closer than ever. But this life was too hard for me, I couldn't keep up, I had to leave.

"W-Why? Is this for the same reasons you're crying every night?"

She knew? I thought she was asleep when I broke down at night, otherwise I would have never let myself do that. But now, I didn't have any reason to lie to her. She was trying to help me, I had to trust her.

"Yes... it's for that."

She let go of my hands and suddenly I felt cold. I already missed this reassuring contact, her soft hands covering mine. But I quickly found back this comfort when she put her arms around me pulled my head on her chest. She gently caressed my back and reassured me.

"You can tell me everything, I won't judge you."

I closed my eyes and melted into the embrace. Even though I pushed her away for weeks, I really needed this. Jiu was my comfort zone, I knew she was always here to help me or reassured me if I needed her. That was why it was so hard to rejected her when she got a bit too close. But now, I didn't have any reason to push her away anymore. I could just let go and fully trust her.

"I... this is too much for me, unnie. The school, the training, I can't do anything correctly. Plus, I miss my family so much, I feel so lonely. I have to leave, all of that is destroying me." I admitted, letting some tears escape my eyes.

"But you're not alone, I'm here. Your evaluation today didn't go well, but it's normal, you're exhausted. Don't worry about that, I will talk with the CEO and I will train you myself. I will make you become the number 1 in all category."

"No, unnie. You don't have to-"

"Shh, I didn't finish. And for the school, I won't sleep until we finished to do your homework and learn your lessons together. There is no way I let you continue alone in this mess. You're in a new high school and in a class of older students. Of course, it's hard!"

"Unnie, really, you don't-"

"Let me finish. Concerning your family, I know you will never love me as much as you love them but let me try to give you the same amount of love."

At those words, my heart started to fastened, more and more. What was happening? What was she doing to me? As I felt my cheeks heat up, I buried my face in the crook of her neck, not wanting her to see me blush and hugged her waist tightly.

"Thank you unnie, but I don't want to bother you."

"And I don't want to see you leave. I would do anything to make you stay by my side." She said as she kissed the top of my head. I felt so good in her arms, she was calming me and made all of my worries disappear.

"So, I think telling you 'no' is not an option?" I smiled.

"Of course it's not!" She chuckled.

"Then, I will gladly accept your help. Thank you, unnie."

"You're welcome, little one." She said, still holding me in her arms. After a minute or so, we broke the hug and stared at each other. She caressed my cheek and smiled warmly at me. "Do you feel better?"

"Yes, I do, thanks to you, unnie." I smiled back.

"Then let's go have some rest, what do you think about it?"

"Good idea."

She stood up and took my hand in hers, guiding me to our room and to my bed. She helped me to get under the blanket and went to her own bed when I stopped her by holding her wrist.

"Can you sleep with me please?" I asked, out of nowhere. I didn't want to feel lonely again and I also wanting to show her that I wouldn't avoid her anymore. She was really important to me and I really needed her.

"Of course I can." She smiled, joining me under the cover and hugging me close. I put my arms around her waist and hold her tightly, enjoying the contact. I closed my eyes and melted into the embrace, before quickly drifting to sleep.

**********

One month later, I had my fourth monthly evaluation and I never done that good. For the vocal evaluation, I chose a really hard song and did it perfectly, I couldn't be happier.

The next day, after school, I ran back to the agency, even leaving Yubin behind, to see the results. As I arrived, I threw my backpack on the floor and hurried on the resting room where the lists were. Rap, I was seventh among ten trainee girls, but it was normal, I wasn't the best at it. Dancing, fourth, just after Sua, Jiu and Yubin. Sua was always first in dancing, she was really a machine but I never dared to speak to her. She was so impressive, especially when she danced. Moreover, she was trainee even before being here so she was very experienced. Even if she was close with Jiu, I never spoke to her. She was too cool to be friend with me, anyway.

Now, it was the moment for the last list, vocal. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to pop out of my chest. I chose to look at the list from the end, to see at list who I beat. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, not any Kim Yoohyeon, so I was in the top 5. 5, 4, still not here. It meant I was in the top 3! 3: Kim Minji, 2: Lee Siyeon, 1: Kim Yoohyeon. No way! I was first! I did the best this month!

I couldn't believe it, I made it! And all of that was thanks to Jiu, she trained me every day, helped me every time I needed her, she made my life so much easier! I ran downstairs to the training room to thank her, that's where I always met her after school.

"Unnie, I'm first in the vocal category!" I yelled as I barged in the room.

But I froze when I saw who was in the room. Jiu was nowhere to be find but Sua was occupying the room and I just stopped her in the middle of her dance. Now, she was just starting at me, without saying anything and it was really starting to scare me. Was she angry?

Suddenly, a big smile appeared on her face and she came to me, taking me in her arms and patting my .

"Congrats kid, good job!" She congratulated me.

I stayed frozen, not knowing what to do. We didn't know each other and here she was hugging me and patting my .

"Hum... t-thanks, I guess." I thanked her as she pulled away. "By any chance, did you see Jiu? I usually meet her at this hour."

"Oh, so the good news was for her? Not for me? I'm disappointed." She pretended to be hurt.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just... well, we don't really know each other, that's why."

"I'm kidding, of course! You're Kim Yoohyeon, right? Minji can't stop talking about you!"

"R-Really?"

"Yes! Yoohyeon here, Yoohyeon there, I think I know you better than you do yourself!" She laughed. "Anyway, Minji has a meeting with the CEO right now, so I'm using the training room like it's available. Want to join me?"

"No, it's okay. Thank you, unnie." I said as I turned around to leave the room. Jiu wasn't there, it was useless. I absolutely wanted to see her now, hug her and spend time with her. She could have told me she was meeting the CEO, I would have stayed a little longer at school and waited for Yubin. But it was okay anyway, she had a life, she didn't have to tell me everything she was doing.

"You like her?" Sua took me out of my thoughts. What? Why was she saying something like that? Suddenly, my heart started to beat faster and I felt hotter. I turned to face her, trying to keep and steady voice as I asked her.

"What are you talking about?"

"Minji, you like her, right?"

"Y-Yes, of course. She's like an older sister to me."

"Bull. We may not be close but I'm not blind."

"I-I don't know what you're thinking right now but I like boys so-"

"So what? You can like boys and girls."

"I..." I didn't know what to answer. I wanted to tell her that she was imagining things, that I didn't feel anything for Jiu and that I definitely was interested only in boys, but something told me that I was lying to myself. I didn't know what it was but she made me feel something. Just right now, I felt really empty without her. But it was definitely not love, it couldn't be that.

"Look, I know how you feel. You're probably really lost, trying to convince yourself that you don't feel anything and that it's impossible for you to like girls. I lived the same thing so I know all of that."

What? Sua liked girls? But how could she tell I liked Jiu when even I didn't know it?

"Come with me, little one." She said as she grabbed my hand and took me to one of the chairs of the room. "When I was in your position, I was alone. No one to explain to me what I felt, no one to tell me than liking someone of the same gender was okay. But you're not alone, I can help you. But maybe I'm wrong and you're really not into her. In this case, I would just let you be. So tell me, you really don't feel anything for her?"

What could I answer to that? I wanted so badly to tell her how wrong she was, but she wasn't and that was the problem. I really felt something for Jiu. I was replaying in my head some of the highlights of my time with Jiu. When I bumped my forehead, when I had ice cream on my lips, when she took me in her arms to reassure me, when she trained me or helped me to do my homework or just when she slept with me, holding me tightly and giving me all the love she could. in front of all this, I could not remain indifferent. Yes, she made me feel something, but I didn't know what it was.

"I... I don't know what I feel for her." I said honestly.

"But you do feel something for her."

I lightly nodded, not really accepting the fact that she did something to me.

"Tell me about it, what do you feel?"

"When she's around, I can't help but smile. But when she's not here, I feel... empty."

"Like right now."

"Yes... like right now. Also, she makes me feel safe, when I'm in her arms, I feel protected, as if nothing could happen to me. I feel like I can tell her everything, without being judged and I know I can always count on her."

"And inside this little heart of yours, what do you feel?" She asked, pointing at my heart.

"My heart goes crazy just by thinking of her and when she's having fun with someone else in front of me, I... it hurts... so much." I explained, tightening my hand on my chest.

I looked at Sua, to see what she was thinking and she had a big smile on her face. What was that for, this time?

"This thing that hurt that much is called 'jealousy' and it's something you feel a lot when you like someone." She explained.

"But I hate this, I don't want to feel that again..." I pouted. That's when I realized. I indirectly admitted that I... liked her. And seeing Sua's expression, she noticed it too.

"Say it out loud."

"What do you mean?" I pretended not to understand.

"You know what I mean. If you don't, you will still doubt it and it will hurt you."

"Okay..." I took a deep breath and admitted. "I like her."

"Of course, you do!" She almost yelled.

"Shh, don't yell it like this, she could hear you. Please, don't tell her." I pleaded, joining my hands together and begged her.

"No, don't worry, I won't... puppy." She said patting the top of my head.

"P-Puppy? Why?"

"You have very expressive eyes, just like a puppy. And you're so cute!" She explained, pinching one of my cheeks.

"Ouch!" I complained. "So... what should I do? I mean, to make her love me back?"

"Aaaw, you're so cute! Hum, let me think. Try to spend a lot of time with her, just the two of you, show her all your love for her through your puppy eyes and most importantly, stay yourself! Don't change your personality to make her love you, because she would love the character you created and not you. And if she doesn't love you as you are, well, then that's her problem. She would miss the cutest and sweetest girl ever!"

"Okay, thank you for your advice, unnie." I thanked her, daring to hug her. "But... what if she loves me back? I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship. I mean... I have never been in any and even less with a... girl."

"It's not because you like each other that you have to be in a relationship, Yoohyeon. You can take your time, love isn't a race. But don't worry, if Minji loves you back, she will take good care of you and she won't push you, I'm sure about that." She smiled.

"But... What if she just sees me as a... friend? She will reject me and I will be heartbroken. I will have to leave the agency and I will never see her again?" I started to panic, imagining terrible scenarios in my head.

"Ya, puppy! First, breathe!" She gently scolded me. "Then, as I told you, if she doesn't like you back, it will be her lose like, look at you! You're just perfect! So if something like this happens, don't hate yourself, okay? Minji won't let you leave her life like this I promise. So you would still be close. But honestly, I think there is a possibility that she likes you back. I mean, she talks about you all day long!"

"Thank you, unnie, for everything. I'm sure you will find someone who will see how perfect you are too." I said, honestly. We didn't know each other, however, she was able to read in me and help me to fix my ideas. She was really amazing. "And next time, I will come to see you when I will get first again." I smiled at her.

"Aw, you're really too cute! Now, go run to your pink princess!" She said, pushing me to the exit and patting my , once again.

"You like my , don't you?" I chuckled.

"I love it!"

I laughed at her behavior as I went out of the room and headed to the resting room, waiting for Jiu. So I really liked her, huh? Thinking that 4 months ago, I promised myself to not fall for her. Well, mission failed. But was it bad in the end? I didn't know. I didn't know anything, how to feel about it, what to do, how to behave with her. But at least, I knew what I felt for her and I knew Sua would be behind me to support me in this journey.

I sat on the couch and took my head in my hands, trying to stop thinking of all the 'what ifs' that where running in my head. What if she didn't like me back? What if she wasn't into girls? What if the company was against this possible relationship?

As I was lost in my thoughts, Jiu ran in the room and made me stand up, hugging me tightly.

"Congratulations Yoohyeon! I'm so proud of you, you made it!" She said with a big smile on her face, kissing my cheek a few times. I was sure I was blushing madly and hugged her back, preventing her from pulling away from the hug. My heart was beating so fast and I suddenly felt so hot. So she was really doing something to me?

"Thank you, unnie. I would have never been able to do that without you. You're the best thing that happened to me in a long time." I hugged her tightly when I realized what I just said. "I-I mean... like... you helped me a lot and all, y-you know."

"Yes, of course." She chuckled, pulling away and caressing my hair, still a bright smile in her face. "I was thinking, do you want to go buy an ice cream in the city to celebrate this amazing result? It's my treat!"

"Yes, sure. Thank you, unnie." I thanked her, daring to kiss her cheek too.

Her smile widened even more as she took my hand and pulled me outside, running of excitement. She was really the best thing that happened to me in a long time.

**********

The same evening, I came back home with Jiu and we waited for all the trainees to arrive, she wanted to announce us something. I tried all this afternoon to know what it was but she didn't want to say anything, only that it was a good thing she talked about with the CEO.

After dinner, the last trainees came back from the agency and we all sat in the living room. Even Siyeon didn't know what it was about and she was also really excited to know. The older ones sat on the sofa while I sat on the carpet with the younger ones. Jiu was standing in front of us, waiting for us to be ready to receive the 'good news'.

Once we were all settle, we looked at her in silence, ready to hear what she wanted to say. But she wasn't saying anything, she was just staring at us, one by one, with a big smile.

"So, what is it, bunny?" Siyeon asked. She looked relaxed on the outside but I knew she wasn't. During the dinner, Jiu couldn't stop saying how amazing it was so we were all so excited to know.

"So, this afternoon, I had a meeting with the CEO." She started, still smiling. "And he told me something amazing!"

"Tell us!" Almost yelled a trainee.

"He will debut a new girl group!" She announced jumping on herself.

All the trainees stood up and hugged each other, so happy about this. But I just stayed on the floor, frozen. After all those months of training, I almost forgot my final goal, becoming idol. I was just trying to have good results during evaluations and good marks at school. I couldn't believe it, I was about to achieve my dream. After all, I didn't fight for nothing, my hard work will be rewarded.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by two arms hugging me. It was Yubin, I never saw her smile like this.

"We will debut Yoohyeon, we will debut." She said, hugging me so tightly.

I hugged her back, still not realizing it but felt like something was missing. No, not something, someone. I looked toward Jiu and she was still standing in front of us, with a little smile. She didn't finish, there was something else. And seeing her expression, it wasn't good.

"Girls, that's not all." She said, making us focus on her again. "The group's name will be Minx and it will be a group of... 5 members."

The room went silent. 5 members? So it meant that only the half of us will debut. I looked around me and realized how talented were all those girls. I didn't stand a chance, I was the last who started this training, I was the one with the least experience. But I had to fight, it was probably my only chance in a and I couldn't let it slip through my fingers.

"We will have one month to train." Jiu explained. "The next monthly evaluation will determine who will be in the group. But they will also look at the old evaluations to see the progress we have made individually. You can't do the final audition by two but you can choose more than one category. Do you have any questions?"

"Yes, I have one." Yubin asked, raising her hand. "For the one who go to school, like Yoohyeon and I, it's unfair, we will have less time to train. Do we... skip school maybe?"

"No, of course not! But don't worry Yubin, they will take that in consideration." Jiu answered with a reassuring smile. "Other questions?"

We all shook our head. What we had to do was clear, give the best of ourselves and work harder than ever.

"Okay, well I suggest to go to sleep, girls. I think we all have a lot to do tomorrow... and the next month." Jiu clapped in her hands, making us stand up and go to our room.

I followed Siyeon in our room and Jiu arrived just behind us, closing the door. Siyeon went in her bed and I did the same but Jiu stayed standing in the middle of the room. What was she doing?

"Girls, I have to tell you something I didn't tell the others." She started, looking down. "The CEO... he wants me to be the leader of the future girl group..."

"Unnie, that's amazing!" Congratulated Siyeon.

She raised her head and looked straight into our eyes, going from Siyeon's to mine. She looked so serious, she was thinking about something and I was scared of what it could be.

"I'm not going to debut without you two." She announced, looking dead serious. "I will train you myself and make you the best in all categories, and I'm not taking a 'no' as an answer. If you're not in the final line, I quite."

What?! There was no way she was quitting because we weren't taken in the group. She worked hard for more than a year to become an idol and she was willing to abandon everything because we weren't with her?

"No, unnie, of course you're not quitting!" Siyeon scolded her. "You deserve to be in this group and the future members will need a leader like you. For real, do you see one of us being a leader?"

"But being in a group without you two would be... I don't know... I would feel so empty. I love the others but you two... you're my everything. I couldn't do anything without you." She said, looking down again.

Was I this important to her? Or was it just Siyeon and she was saying 'us two' to not hurt me? But she could have taken her out or something. Did I really mean that much to her? Thinking that, my heart fastened. I didn't know if she loved me the same way I loved her but knowing that I was this important to her made me feel warm inside. She promised me that she would try to give me the same amount of love as my family did and she was succeeding. I owed her so much since I was here.

But I noticed a silent in the room and looked at Siyeon, trying to know what was happening and what we should do. But she was staring straight into my eyes and made a move with her head, telling me to go to Jiu.

I stood up, hesitantly walking to Jiu, not knowing what I was supposed to say. But when I approached her, I saw her down she looked. The thought of Siyeon and I not being in the group really affected her and seeing her like this made my heart tightened. I hugged her tightly and caressed gently her back with my hands.

"It's okay, unnie, I understand. Me neither, I couldn't debut without you. But don't worry, I will train harder than ever, and I'm sure Siyeon will do the same. But I will gladly use your help, once again." I reassured her, pulling back from the hug. But she put her arms around my waist and hugged me tightly, closing her eyes. I continued to caress her back, smiling. So I was really this important to her, huh?

I kissed her cheek and guided her to Siyeon, who stood up to her hug. She reassured her too and took her to her bed, helping her to get under the blanket. I smiled and went to my own bed when someone called me.

"Yoohyeon?" I turned around and saw Jiu smiling, her arms opened toward me.

No need to say more. I ran and jumped in her bed, hugging her tightly. This was my favorite place, in her arms. No matter where we were, in the street, in the training room or here, it was my comfort zone.

"I love you, unnie." I said. No matter if she understood it in a friendly or romantic way, I wanted her to know that.

"I love you too, Yoohyeon." She said, hugging me even closer.

**********

The next month, we all worked really hard. As she said, Jiu trained us, she was helping Siyeon during the day and took care of me when I came back from school. At first, I was afraid that there would be competitiveness among the trainees but it was okay, we were all helping each other, or at least the person we wanted to debut with. I trained a lot with Yubin at school, during lunch time or on the way home. She was an amazing rapper, that was impressive. I was sure she was going to debut as a main rapper in the group, she deserved it. Siyeon would be perfect as a main vocalist and Sua as a main dancer. Jiu was the perfect leader so it meant there was one last place. And I was going to fight for it.

It was now the last day of training as the evaluation was the day after. I worked hard on my singing and dancing skills and even my rapping skills, in case they asked me to rap. And I was really satisfied with what I achieved. I just hoped it was enough to be taken in the group.

"Yoohyeon, let's go back home, it's already 1am." Said Jiu. "You've trained more than enough and you will be tired if you don't sleep."

We were just the two of us in the training room of the agency. All the other girls had returned home but I wanted to stay a bit more. I just finished my dance once more, after more than 4 hours of dancing without a break and we were now sitting on the floor in the middle of the room, facing each other.

"I will be able to sleep after the evaluation. Now, I need to train my vocal performance. But you can go back to the dorm, don't worry." I said, standing up. But Jiu put her hand on my leg to prevent me from doing so.

"You really think I will let you here and alone at night? Of course not. And Yoohyeon, your vocal performance is already amazing and you do it perfectly. There is no need to train more I promise." She insisted, caressing my thigh with her thumb.

"But perfect is not enough. Did you see the others? They are so good, the agency will take them, it's sure. But I don't want you to quite because I'm not in the group." I said looking down.

"Yes, I saw the others and, you're right, they are really talented. But you are even more, I promise. Look, last month, you beat Siyeon in the vocal category! And I never saw anyone able to that." She said, her hand leaving my leg to go my cheek. She gently caressed it and made me raise my hand to look at her. "And are you really working so hard for me?" She asked with a smile.

"Y-Yes..." I answered, blushing a little. I stared at her in the eyes, seeing all the kindness and the love she had to me. I loved her so much, I didn't know what I did to deserve her in my life. "Unnie... do you think I'm enough?"

She cupped my face with her two hand and came closer to me. Her face was only a few centimeters away from mine, I could even feel her breath on my lips. In just a second, my heart fastened as if I ran for hours. She was really making me go crazy!

"Kim Yoohyeon, listen to me very carefully. You're the sweetest person I ever met. You have progressed extremely fast in dance and your singing talents are undeniable. Your visual is no joke and you're born to be an idol. So stop doubting yourself!" She scolded me gently.

But I could concentrate only her, she was surreal. From there, I could perfectly see all the details of her perfect face. Her eyes were so beautiful, I couldn't stop looking at them. The way you could read on them, you could see love, respect, trust. Since the first time I met her, her eyes were hypnotizing me. Her features were so incredibly well drawn, she was so perfect. And her lips. Those lips I tried so hard to avoid but it was becoming impossible. This time, I allowed myself to have a quick look but I couldn't look anywhere else. It was as if they were pulling me towards them. They looked so soft, so delicate.

On a whim, I closed my eyes and leaned in, touching her lips with mine. At the contact, I felt like an electrical discharge and then, nothing. I opened my eyes to understand what happened and I saw her face far from mine. She moved back. As I understand what happened, my heart tightened. How stupid was I? Why did I do that? Of course she didn't like me. A girl as incredible as her couldn't like a nobody like me. At that moment, I just wanted to bury myself in a hole and cry my eyes out. I was so ashamed of what I just did. With that, I would be heartbroken and would fail my evaluation. I just destroyed my whole life in just a few seconds.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, standing up. "I think I will go home now." I hurried to the exit, holding back my tears as much as possible. I couldn't let her see my pain, I remembered how guilty she looked like when we talked about those three trainees whose hearts she broke. I didn't want her to feel this way about me, it wasn't her fault. Plus, she would see how hurt I was and she would realize that I would fail the evaluation. We worked so hard together for nothing.

I was about to leave the room when she grabbed my wrist and made me turn to look at her. It was enough to make me break down, now the tears were flowing.

"Yoohyeon, wait, don't leave."

"Leave me!" I yelled, tearing my wrist from her grip. I was so angry at her, even if it wasn't her fault. She couldn't choose who she fell for but I needed to be angry at someone for what was happening.

I ran out of the room but she caught up with me and pushed me against the wall, putting herself in front of me, not letting me go.

"Yoohyeon, please, calm down!"

"No, let me go, I said." I cried, pushing her as much as I could but she wasn't moving. It was useless, I was exhausted, I didn't have the strength to push her away. I slid down the wall until I ended up sitting on the floor, I was a real mess at the moment.

Jiu crouched down to be at my level and put a strand of hair behind my ear. She then cupped my face and she wiped the tears from my cheeks with her thumbs and then lightly smiled to me. Right now, her smile was only hurting me. I just wanting to remove her hands from my face and run far from her but I was too weak to do anything.

"Do you feel a little better?"

Always this stupid question. What if I said yes? Would she let me alone? I didn't want to answer and just stared at her, emotionless.

"I'm sorry Yoohyeon, I didn't want to hurt you. I was just surprised, that's why I moved away." She explained. "Yoohyeon... what do you feel for me?"

I didn't give her any answer. Right now, I just wanted to leave and stay far from her. Just the sight of her felt like a stab in the heart.

"At least, do you want to know what I feel?"

I gave her to same answer as before. I didn't want to know anything, I just wanted to be alone.

She took a deep breath and leaned in, putting her lips on mine. I felt this same electrical discharge as before but it felt so good. I closed my eyes, enjoying the kiss when I suddenly remembered my talk with Yubin. I violently pushed Jiu away from me and made her fall on her .

"Stop playing with me, playgirl! Do you think I'm a toy? Do you think-" I yelled to her but she cut me.

"Playgirl? Do you really think I'm a ing playgirl, Yoohyeon? You really think so little of me?" She yelled too.

"W-What? I..." Hearing her cursing and saying that made me feel so guilty and my heart tightened even more.

"Do you really think I would have fun hurting you?" She said, on the verge of crying too.

"I... What are you doing then? You're moving away and then you're kissing me."

"I already told you, I was surprised!"

"N-No, I don't believe you." She was now crying too. And this was the thing that broke my heart for real.

"I love you, Kim Yoohyeon. I ing love you! Do you hear me?"

What? She loved me? Kim Minji, the greatest and most fantastic person I ever met, loved me? I was speechless. How was it possible? My heart was going crazy and I was so hot. I thought I was going to faint.

"You make me feel like no one has before. You're sweet, kind, caring, funny, touching, pretty and so much more. I like how hard you work to achieve your dream. I like how you wanted to succeed for me. I like when you blush and become shy when I kiss your cheek. I like the warm hugs you're giving me when we sleep together. I like everything about you, Yoohyeon."

Her words made my heart fastened even more. She was feeling the same way as me. I loved her more than anything, she was so perfect. I could have never made it this far without her. She gave me so much every day. Her smile was the only I was looking for and every evening, I was excited to go back home to hug her tightly. She was the person who made my heart beat.

I wiped away a few tears and crawled to her, hugging her as tight as I could. I felt so guilty for what I did. I pushed her away when she didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Yoohyeon, you didn't know." She hugged me back, kissing the top of my head. "After this revelation, there is no way I debut without you." She chuckled.

'Debut', it felt so far. Right now, I just wanting to think of what was happening. Jiu, the person I liked the most, loved me back. Even, if I was crying my eyes out, I was the happiest on Earth. I pulled back from the hug and slowly put my lips on hers. But this time, she didn't move away, she kissed me back. She put her hand on my cheek and deepened the kiss. My lips were trembling, I didn't know what to do, how to kiss. It was my first time. We kissed a few seconds more before she broke the kiss, caressing my cheek and smiling warmly at me.

"We will take our time for that, Yoohyeon. You don't need to stress because you're not experienced." She knew me so well. I didn't need to say anything, she could understand me perfectly. And that was one of the many things I loved about her. "Now, let's go back to the dorm, you have to rest. Tomorrow is the big day."

"Yes, you're right, let's go." I agreed, quickly pecking her lips and standing up.

She stood up and pecked my lips a few times, then took my hand is hers and led me out of the agency.

**********

One week later, it was finally the day of the announcement of the final line. We were all waiting in the resting room of the agency, so excited about the result. My evaluation went really well, I did as good as when I trained and it was thanks to Jiu. The song I performed was a love song so it wasn't hard to 'feel' the song. My head was only filled with good thoughts and it helped me to don't perfectly my dance performance.

Suddenly, the CEO entered the room with a fill in his hand. We all stood up and bowed respectfully.

"Hello, girls. You can sit." He said standing in front of us and opening the fill.

Jiu was sitting next to me and was holding my hands on my laps to reassure me. I was really stressed, this moment would determine the future of Jiu and I. Of course, stubborn as she was, she was really going to quite if Siyeon or I wasn't in the final line.

"First, I would like to congratulate your future leader, Kim Minji!" He announced. All the girls applauded her and congratulated her for this new position but she was only looking at me, smiling and caressing the back on my hands with her thumbs.

"Then, I would like to congratulate all of you, you all did really well for this evaluation and the previous. It was an honor to have you in my agency." He smiled warmly.

We all thanked him and let him continue. We all were so stressed, we could stay still. Even I moved my leg frenetically. But Jiu put her hand on it to calm me a little, and it worked.

"First, I will announce the main dancer of this group. Congratulation, Sua, you made it!" He clapped his hands. We all did the same and saw her started to cry. I didn't she was this emotional, it was cute. Luckily, Siyeon was next to her and took her in her arms, congratulated her. Lately, they got really close and I was happy for them.

"Then, the main rapper of this group will be Dami!"

I knew it! She was too talented to not be taken. I congratulated and quickly took her in my arms before focusing my attention back to the CEO.

"Now, the main vocalist." I'm sure it was going to be Siyeon. "Siyeon!" I knew it too.

Jiu stood up to hug Siyeon tightly and I did the same. The two girls that welcomed me and helped me succeeded, I was so happy for them! They deserved it, they were both so talented. We then went back to our place, waiting for the announcement of the last member.

"Finally, the last member. It was a really hard decision." My heart my beating so fast and I starting to doubt. I promised myself to not doubt my abilities but right now, I couldn't help it. "The last member will be a lead vocalist." Jiu's hands tightened on mine. She didn't want to admit it but she was scared too, even if she told she was sure about the result. "Kim Yoohyeon!"

Jiu jumped on me and hugged me tighter than ever. I made it, I was going to become an idol. And with the person I loved. I was frozen, still not realizing what was happening. Jiu pulled back from the hug and cupped my cheek.

"You made it, Yoohyeon! We will debut together!" She said with a big smile as she kissed my forehead.

I was going to achieve my dream of becoming an idol and I would follow this path with the person who made me feel the happiest! I still couldn't believe it!

But good things are never meant to last and I was about to learn it soon in the worst way possible.

 

 

**********

Hello, here is the chapter 10 and it's a reaaaaally long chapter, sorry about that (the next one will be pretty long too). Here we had the 'cute and good' side of this love story. But wait for the next one, it will be much darker and sadder!

So, about the real past of Dreamcatcher, it was absolutely not that. Yoohyeon went at school in Incheon, her natal city so she was probably not living with the members during her training time. But in an interview she said that her first roommate was Jiu.

Question of the chapter: let's be brave, what are the bad points of this story that I should fix?

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading!