Chapter 8

Love and Fame

Minji's POV:

Today was a pretty quiet day. This morning, we started to train around 10 a.m. for two hours and came back to the dorm. After that, Yubin and Yoohyeon went to eat outside, same for Dongie and Gahyeon and the Suayeon couple went to train at the Hybe building. So I had a few hours for myself.

I took my time to eat delicious foods our manager gave us, took a long shower and called my family to take some news. I hadn't seen them for a long time and I missed them a lot.

After a bit, the members came back, except Sua and Siyeon and it reminded the collaboration. I was really excited to see what they prepared for us! So as soon as they came back, I ran to open my door to meet them but I bumped into Siyeon who was about to enter the room.

"Hey, how was it?" I asked excitedly.

"Hey, that was so cool! We worked really hard and we already have a part of the choreography!"

"Really?! That's amazing! Do you have a video maybe? Or you could show me if you prefer!"

"Hey, hey, calm down a little bit unnie!" She laughed, putting her hands on my shoulders to stop my little jumps. "If you want to know anything, go ask Sua unnie!" I detached myself from her and was about to see the tiny dancer when Siyeon stopped me. "Wait, she's going to take a shower first. She's really sticky. Even I don't dare to touch her!"

"She's going to take a shower? But Yoohyeon is showering right now I think."

"Do you really think it's a problem for Sua unnie?" She smirked.

"No, clearly not." I laughed.

"Just wait a little bit, she'll come see you when she's done showering." She added as she left the room.

I went to lay on my bed and starting scrolling on Instagram. There was nothing really interesting so I was about to quit the app when I fell on an edit of Yoohyeon and I. They put videos of us hugging and kissing each other, it was cute. I continued to swipe downwards to see others videos of this kind. There was even the video of the pepero game. I saved some of them and continued to scroll when the door opened and Sua entered. I turned my phone off and went excitedly to her when I realize she still had the same outfit and wasn't wet.

"You didn't take your shower? What did you do in the bathroom with Yoohyeon for so long?"

"We just had a chat between roommates."

"About what?" I asked as I went to sit back on my bed, inviting her to join me.

"About Taehyung." She said as she sat next to me.

Of course it was about him. What else could it have been? It was always him. Taehyung here, Taehyung there. Every time someone pronounced his name, I felt like I was being stabbed in the heart. Even if he was really nice, I couldn't help but hate him.

"Minji, are you listening?" Sua took me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" I asked, confused.

"I was asking if Taehyung could come here one evening."

"For what?" I didn't understand why she wanted him to come. It would be strange a man alone with seven girls.

"Well, we could go out, the six of us and he could spend the evening here with Yoohyeon."

"Yoohyeon and him here alone?! No, never!" I raised my voice.

Was she crazy? Didn't she know what could happen? A man and a woman alone in an apartment, it was obvious. I briefly imagined the scene and it disgusted me. I couldn't let that happen, even more here, in our home. She stared at me for a few seconds, not saying anything. What was she thinking again?

"Minji, do you really want me to remind you the promise you made?"

"What? It doesn't have anything to do with that!"

"Really? Then, can you tell me why you hate him that much?"

"I don't hate him! They can do whatever they want, just not here! If they want to do dirty things, it's not my problem, but they're not doing that here. Tell them to get a motel room."

"So you're telling me the only problem in the place? You don't care if Yoohyeon dates Taehyung?"

"Of course I don't, I'm not her mom."

"Minji, you're a really good actress but a terrible liar." She put her hand on my back and did little circles with her palm. "You can talk to me, you know. I won't judge you."

I did the best I could to hold my pain but tears started to fill my eyes. I was about to break down.

"Yes, I still love her. So what?" I admitted, now crying my eyes out.

Sua put her arms around me, hugging me tightly and caressing my back. I was so angry at myself for what I had done. I had been horrible to her and now I was paying the price. I wanted her so badly even though I knew she deserved better.

I detached myself from Sua and I wiped away the tears that ran down my cheeks. I didn't deserve to be comforting. I was the only one at fault so I had to assume the consequences alone.

"If you came to remind me to stay away from her, I will, don't worry. I didn't forget the promise I made. But please, not here. To think they had romantic moment where I live, eat and sleep, it's too hard."

"Yes, I understand... Look, I will give you the same advice Yubin gave to Yooh but... try to meet other people and find someone made for you."

'Made for me' what did it mean? Someone who would make me feel loved? Someone who would give me the strength to get up in the morning? Someone who would brighten my days and nights? For me, this person was Yoohyeon, she was the one I needed. But I knew she was out of reach.

"Finding someone else while living with Yoohyeon is a bit complicated." I admitted with a sad smile. "Maybe when I turned 40, who knows? But the most important thing is her happiness. If she's fulfilled then I am too."

"I'm sure you will find someone for you." She smiled to me, caressing my cheek.

"At first, I wanted you to tell me how your training went but of all this crying tired me out and it's becoming complicated to keep my eyes open to be honest."

"Yes, it's normal. I hope you will feel better after letting everything out."

"I already feel better." I smiled as I laid on my bed.

"That's great. Good nap, pink princess, I call you when the dinner is ready." She added, as she kissed my forehead and left the room.

I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep. But when I was about to fall asleep, someone knocked on my door and opened it. Tough, the light of the corridor was too bright and prevented me from seeing who it was. The person saw that I was blinded and closed the door, coming towards me.

"Unnie, are you alright? I heard you cry, what happened?" This voice, I could recognize it among thousands. It was Yoohyeon. As I didn't answer and was just staring at her figure, she asked: "Do you need anything? A tea maybe?"

"Can you hug me?" I asked out of nowhere. I knew it was wrong but that was the thing I needed the most right now.

"Of course I can." She answered as she climbed on my bed and laid in front of me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I put mine around her shoulders, hugging her tightly. Her hugs were so warm and could comfort anyone, I loved them so much. I held her even tighter and let a few last tears escape my eyes before falling asleep.

**********

The next day, we had our first real training with both team at the Hybe building. Since Sua didn't tell me what they prepared, I was really excited to discover what they did yesterday. Speaking of yesterday, Siyeon didn't talk to me or even look at me since she came to wake Yoohyeon and me up last night. It was probably because of the promise, she was afraid I would break it. I understood why she felt this way but it wasn't my intention and I had to talk to her to clarify the situation.

As we were leaving the company and getting in the car, I stopped, having an idea to have a moment with Siyeon.

"Hum... I just thought of it but I had to go pick up something at a friend's house and I won't be able to go later, she won't be there. But go without me, I'll meet you there with my car." They nodded and got in the car when I stopped them again. "Hum... Siyeon, could you come with me, please? It's a bit heavy so I won't be able to put it in the car myself."

She sighed and went out of the car, following me.

"Of course." She sighed again, still not looking at me.

We waved to the others before going to my car. I sat in the driver's seat and stared at the steering wheel, waiting for Siyeon to get in the car too.

"Good job, unnie, that was smooth. We could almost believe it was true... if we didn't know you. Unfortunately, I know you. And you're a terrible liar." She admitted as she took place and closed the door. "What was this excuse for?"

"I wanted to talk to you." I said, turning to face her. "Why are you like that with me? What did I do? Is it because I did a nap with Yoohyeon?"

She turned to look at me straight in the eyes and wanted to say something but stopped herself and just continued to stare at me. If a look could kill, I'd probably be dead.

"Unnie, do you really think the nap is the problem? So you don't understand why everything went wrong three years ago?" She looked really mad right now.

"Of course I understand! But I'm not playing with her, I just slept with her. It's normal to do that between members. I sleep with you sometimes and Yoohyeon is often with Yubin."

"But it's not the same and you know it."

"How is this not the same?"

"You've destroyed her in ways you can't even imagine and now that someone is coming to help her get back on track, you're stopping her."

"No, I'm not! Listen, I made you a promise and I will respect it. I won't get in the way of her happiness."

"You better."

She still looked mad and wasn't looking at me. She didn't believe me, I had to prove to her that she could trust me.

"Hum... Look. Yesterday, Sua suggested that the six of us goes out one evening to leave the apartment to Yoohyeon and Taehyung. At first, I wasn't really okay with this plan but if it can prove to you my good intentions... I'm willing to accept."

"Really?!" She asked with widened eyes, and now looking at me. "Are you sure it's okay for you?"

"Well... if it's okay for you then... yes." As I was accepting, my heart was hurting. I just gave up the happiness of my life.

"Thank you unnie." Siyeon thanked me, hugging me. "I know how hard it is for you but you're doing the right choice."

"But... Am I still allowed to hug her and sleep with her?" I asked to be sure.

"Sure. Just don't try to change her feelings or influence her. And when we talk about BTS or Taehyung, please don't get cold to her. I think she needs the support of her leader."

"Okay, I will do my best, thank you."

I detached myself from her and gave her a smile before starting the engine and leaving for Hybe.

**********

As we arrived in the training room, the others were already warming up and chatting with each other. As usual, I counted my members to know if someone was missing and without even realizing it, I also counted the boys. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ... 8? Did I just count 8 boys? I counted again to be sure I was right and, indeed, there were 8 men in this room. I started to search who the intruder was and that's when I saw him, friendly chatting with Dami and RM, Kai from Exo. What was he doing here?

"Perfect, you're all here!" A man entered the room. I didn't know who he was, but judging the non-reaction of the boys, they probably knew him. "My name is Han Minho, I am their manager." He explained, pointed at BTS. "RM, could you explain to the girls what I told you, please? They look a bit lost."

"Sure! So, girls, I think you all recognized him, he is Kai from Exo and he will perform with us."

"What do you mean? I though J-hope and Sua prepared a choreography only for our two groups." I asked, confused.

"So you don't want me?" Kai crossed his arms over his chest looking straight into my eyes.

"I-I... N-No, that's not what I meant! I'm sorry if you understood it this way." I bowed immediately. But as I didn't move, I heard a laugh coming from his direction. I raised my head a little and saw him laugh. That was a joke.

"I was just kidding Jiu-ssi, don't worry!" He explained himself. "And you don't need to bow or anything, you can talk to me casually!"

"Well... same goes for you then." I smiled shily at him.

After that, a heavy silence filled the room. It was awkward, I had to find something to say quickly.

"So... RM, you were saying that we would perform with him?" I came back to the first subject.

"Hum... yes. You know that we will perform "Love shot", one of the songs of EXO. And like Kai will also take part of the K-pop Flex, it would have probably been strange for him to see other artists do his song in front of him, no?"

"Yes, you're right." I agreed.

"Do you want to add something Kai?" RM asked.

"Hum, yes, maybe a proper introduction." He stood in the center of the room, facing us and cleared his throat. "Hello, my name is Kai. It's a pleasure to work with you." He bowed, before giving me a discreet smile.

 

 

**********

Hello everyone! Here is the eighth chapter, I hope you liked it. We finally know what Jiu thinks about this situation, were you expecting this? And what role will have Kai in the life of Jiu and Dreamcatcher, you think?

Next chapter will be a Taehyung's POV because it's been long since his last POV and also because I will try to develop his relationship with s and put him in the center at little bit (let's not forget that his one of the main characters of this book!)

Question of the week: Which Jiu era did you prefer concerning the hair cut? For me, maybe "You and I" era with the black hair cut at the front or the famous purple from "Scream". But red haired Jiu from Mixnine also got my heart!

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading!