Chapter 13

Love and Fame

Minji's POV:

Today:

"Have a good evening, Yoohyeon. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to call us, okay?" Siyeon said while putting her shoes on.

"Yes, of course! See you tonight, unnie!" Yoohyeon waved at her.

It was now 6:30pm and we were waiting for Siyeon to be ready to leave the apartment. In 30 minutes, Taehyung was going to arrive to have a date with the love of my life so saying I was heartbroken was an understatement.

I looked at her one last time before she was officially to someone else. She was so pretty, nervously waving goodbye at us and jumping from one foot to the other. She was wearing a pretty short she spent 20 minutes to choose and her favorite top. But to see her wearing this top made my heart tighten, I remembered her wearing it when she was still mine, during dates, trainings and outings or just while sharing an ice cream, just her and I. At that moment, I just wanting to break the promise I did to Siyeon and Sua and run to her to tell her how much I loved her and wanted her back again.

The entrance door opened and the members left one by one, it was my last chance. Was I really going to give up on her that easily, just for a promise I made? Was I really going to let a stranger take my position? No, I couldn't let that happen. the promise, I had to win her back. I walked towards her with a confident step when a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Minji, come quickly." Sua told me from outside of the apartment.

No, I couldn't do that. I played too much with her heart and hurt her like no one ever had, I didn't deserve her forgiveness. I looked at her one last time, giving her a weak smile, before following Sua outside and closing the door behind me.

"You did well, Minji, I promise." The main dancer reassured me, gently patting my back. She then took my hand in hers and pulled me far from where my heart wanted to be. "Let's go, we have an evening to enjoy!"

Even if the members were all excited to hang out together, I couldn't share their excitement. I just wanting to go back inside and take Yoohyeon far from this world, to keep her only for myself.

"So, where do you girls want to go?" Siyeon took me out of my thoughts.

"Where you want! But I need a big beer, right now!" Answered Gahyeon.

"Oh my god, our maknae is growing up!" Dongie laughed, opening the entrance door of the building and letting us out.

"Yeah, I need some alcohol too." I mumbled.

"Ya, Kim Minji! Don't you dare get drunk tonight!" Sua scolded me. "Wait for me a few seconds." She said as she let go of my hand and walked toward a nice car parked in front of the dorm.

Of course I knew whose car it was. The person I hated the most in the world, as selfish as it could be. He was here to steal Yoohyeon from me and I knew I couldn't do anything about it, I was powerless. He was so perfect and, unlike me, he deserved her. He was able to make her happy without hurting her even for a second. He was the charming prince she always dreamed of and I was the evil witch.

After a bit, Sua came back with a smile and grabbed back my hand.

"I think he will make her happy." She smiled.

"Yeah, I really need alcohol." I sighed.

But this time, Sua didn't say anything and just squeezed my hand to let me know that she was here for me if I needed some comfort.

**********

After 15 minutes of walking, we arrived in front of a nice bar, famous for having a VIP room for celebrities. We quickly showed our ID card and proved that we were Dreamcatcher to enter in the private space. Inside, there were already some persons, but I didn't want to talk to anyone and went directly to the bar, ordering a few shots of vodka.

"Just arrived and you already start drinking. What would she think of this?" Sua sat next to me, ordering a beer.

"She would think of Taehyung." I sighed, taking a shot.

"Minji..."

"I know you asked me to be happy for her and support her in her decision but it's too hard." I said, burying my face in my hands.

"Yes, I understand. But Taehyung is helping her to move on, and once she would be done, it will be your turn."

At that moment, a light in my head. Sua knew many things about Yoohyeon that I didn't know and what she just told me gave me some hope.

"She didn't move on yet? So she still has feeling for me?" I asked looking straight into her eyes, trying to read her expression.

"No, that's not what I said!"

At that answer, my head fell in disappointment. Of course, how could she still love me after everything I've done to her? I took another shot and drunk it in one go.

"But don't worry Minji, you were just not meant to be. You will find someone for you."

"No, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I was a real with her. I'm just the worst girlfriend ever and I feel sorry for my next partner... if I ever have one again." I said defeated, taking another shot.

"Don't say that, you know it's not true. It's probably strange to say, knowing you're a leader, but maybe you weren't a good combination. Like, you leading your relationship wasn't the best idea, you see? I think you should find someone who can take care of you like you take care of us, someone with whom you can forget your leadership responsibilities and let yourself be carried."

Was it really what I needed? If that was the case, I didn't have any chance with Yoohyeon anymore, because I knew that she would never behave this way, that wasn't her. She was just a cute and innocent puppy who needed to be taken care of. But I knew that Sua was right, I didn't know how to lead a relationship and that was probably what destroyed us. So, someone who could take care of me wasn't a bad idea after all. But I wasn't going to give up on Yoohyeon that easily, even if she wasn't mine anymore.

"I-" I wanting to answer but I was cut by a masculine voice behind us.

"Hi there, I didn't know I would meet you girls here tonight!"

I turned around with my eyebrows frowned wanting to punch the guy who interrupted this talk when I realized who it was, Kai. He was looking straight into my eyes with a warm smile and an empty glass in his hand.

"Oh, yes." I answered with a shy smile.

"I see you're all here! Siyeon is enjoying the dance floor, Handong and Dami are chilling on the sofa and Gahyeon is drinking a big beer at the bar. How old is this kid? Is she even allowed to be here?" He chuckled. "But where is Yoohyeon? I don't see her anywhere."

At this reminder, my heart tightened. No, she wasn't here, she was in the arms of someone else. I wanted to answer but my words were blocked in my throat, refusing to let me express myself. So Sua answered for me.

"She's at the dorm, we let her the apartment for the evening!" She explained without giving any details.

"Lazy to come, I understand." He nodded, even if what he understood wasn't the truth, unfortunately. "Anyway, I came to fill my glass, it's already empty, haha. Would you like to take a drink with me?"

"Hum... sure, of course." I answered, looking at Sua.

"Oh well, have a drink you two, I would like to dance a bit with Siyeon, it's my favorite song!" She lied. I looked at her desperately, begging her not to leave me alone but she just waved goodbye at me with a smile and left to the dance floor.

"So, what do you want? My treat!" He offered with a smile.

"I don't care, I just need something strong."

"Ouch, something bad happened?" He asked. "Wait a second, I will go take our drinks."

He went to the barman and ordered our drinks but after 2 minutes or so, he went back with two fruit juices, handing me one of them. I looked at him, confused.

"I think talking is more efficient than alcohol."

"Orh." I growled, taking the glass from his hand.

"But I don't force you, of course." He specified.

"It's just... a stupid love problem." I sighed, playing with the straw of my juice.

"You're hurt because Taehyung is stealing Yoohyeon from you, right?"

My eyes widened, how did he discover this? One of the members told him? I looked around me, checking if any other celebrities heard him. But luckily, no one was listening to us. I stood up and took his hand in mine, guiding him far from the crown to a sofa in a corner of the room.

"How did you-"

"I'm not blind Jiu. I saw how you looked at her when she was with Taehyung and how cold you were to him."

"I..." What was I supposed to tell him? I couldn't tell my life story to a stranger, that was crazy. But strangely, I felt safe with him. So much that I didn't even realize that I was still holding his hand. I pulled it back quickly, trying to hide my red cheeks. Why was I even blushing? That was stupid, I didn't even know him.

"Are you upset because he's stealing one of your members or because... you have feelings for her?" He asked in a soft tone.

I couldn't understand him. From the outside, he looked cold and rude but, in fact, I was kind and caring. And strangely, I felt like I could trust him.

"I... second option." I murmured the last part.

"Yeah I understand, she's really incredible." He nodded.

"Please, don't tell me you're also into her." I said, regretting telling him how I felt.

"No, I'm not don't worry." He chuckled. "She's all yours!"

"No, she's not. She's all Taehyung's." I sighed.

But strangely, he didn't answer and stayed silent. I looked at him and saw he was lost in his thoughts, probably trying to understand my situation. We just met and still, he was giving his best to help me in my plight. Why was he so caring toward someone he didn't even know? I didn't have the answer to this question but I was grateful for his help.

"Why..." He started. "Why don't you fight for her if you like her?"

"Because I don't have any chance."

"Nonsense, you're amazing, you have everything you need to make her fall for you!"

"Not with what I did to her." I defended myself before realizing what I just said. Crap, I was just telling him all my life story little by little. But he made me feel so comfortable and safe that it came out all by itself.

"So something happened before between you. Want to talk about it? Maybe I could help you with that after. But I'm not forcing you of course." He said with a soft voice, looking at me with a reassuring smile.

"It's a long story, I don't want to bore you with it." It was true. After all, why would he waste time listening to the problems of a girl he worked with for two weeks?

"No, you're not boring me at all, Jiu. You just look really hurt and heartbroken, and I want to make your pretty smile come back on your face." He said making me chuckle. "Here, look how beautiful it looks on you." He smiled at me.

"Okay, you convinced me." I agreed. "But please, don't hate me when I'm done."

I didn't know why, but I felt like I needed him to be by my side and help me. We just got closer and I didn't want him to run away from me because of what I did.

"Of course, I won't." He said, taking my hand in his.

His hand was so big that it could completely surround mine and it made me feel safe, protected. I even surprised myself thinking of what I would feel with his arms around my body, shielding me from the world. But I quickly chased this thought from my head, ashamed of it. Get your act together, Kim Minji.

"Okay, I will tell you." I said, taking a deep breath. "It all started 9 years ago..."

 

 

**********

Here is the 13th chapter, what did you think of it? We learn a bit about what Minji thinks about her situation with Yoohyeon and she's also getting closer with Kai. Do you think something will happen between them?

Also, we are already at the 13th chapter and I try my best to post twice a week but I don't get any comments, votes or anything, I really feel like I'm writing for nothing... so if you enjoy this story, please let me know.

Question of the chapter: Do you prefer long chapters like numbers 10-11-12 or you prefer shorts like this one?

Anyway, please know than English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes... Please, let me know if you see some.

Thank you for reading!