9: She's really something

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah! eonnie, good morning!" 

Victoria's eyes widened upon seeing Jihyo in the kitchen, early in the morning. She woke up before everyone to prepare for her solo date with Insung expecting no one would be up yet. 

"Oh, good morning Victoria!" Jihyo returned the greeting but quickly get back to what she's doing.

Victoria roamed her eyes and smiled with how messy the kitchen is because of her eonnie's cooking. There were little cuts of tofu and vegetables left on the table while various utensils from spoon, ladle, measuring cups are scattered on the counter and around the stove are condiments that Jihyo hasn't closed the lid yet. Nevertheless, she went nearer to the pot to take a look.

"Is this tofu stew? It looks good." 

Jihyo shyly gave a smile to her and although Victoria didn't mention it, apologized for the mess she'd done. "Thank you. I'm sorry you have to see how messy this is. But don't worry, my cooking is clean." 

"No worries eonnie. Of course, I trust your cooking. I don't even know how to properly cut a garlic so I have no right to call you out." Victoria sweetly replied to her. 

Jihyo thanked her and asked if she wanted to taste it which the latter happily agreed. "Hmm. Daebak. It's great eonnie!" 

Song Jihyo chuckled with Victoria's reaction and ruffled her hair, finding her hoobae adorable. She thought how come a sweet girl like her is most of the time around Min Hee's group. 

"I'll trust your judgement. You should get ready now. Do you want to eat some before your date?" 

"Ah. That's right, I better prepare now. But...sorry eonnie, I think I'll pass on that? I don't want to be bloated for my date later." 

"Eo, you're right. It's alright. Go! prepare for your date now." She's smiling while watching Victoria run upstairs. She then get back to her cooking. 

I hope my memory is right that Insung likes his food spicy. She thought. Although messaging him to confirm is the best way to relax her mind but she doesn't want to lift Insung's ego more by making him think that she's impressing him. 

"Whatever, if he doesn't like it then I'll eat it alone." 

"Who wouldn't like it? And why are you messing around the kitchen this early?" 

Jihyo almost burned her lips with Hyojin's sudden appearance behind her as he's about to taste her own cooking. "Eonnie! Why are you startling me?" 

Hyojin just laughed at her and repeated her question. "Who do you mean wouldn't like your cooking?"

Clearing first was Jihyo's way to remain calm with Hyojin's question. "Well, you guys of course. I kind of wanted to cook for everyone but I'm worried if the girls would like it." 

She was nervous with her lie but it was still half truth. Although she's basically cooking because of Insung, she's convincing herself that since only a small portion of it would eat by Insung and the rest will be by the girls, therefore, it was still practically for the girls and not for him. Yeah, that's right. 

Hyojin took the ladle from Jihyo and tasted the stew. "It was good." Hyojin said with her eyes widely open because basing on how messy the kitchen is, she thought Jihyo's cooking skills is at the same level. 

"And here I thought you have a crappy hands." Hyojin dongsaeng which earned her a playful hit from Jihyo.

"Eonnie, why would you phrase it that way. I'm good at cooking...sometimes." 

Hyojin decided to lend Jihyo a hand and prepare fried eggs and cook the rice for everyone's breakfast. Later on, the other girls woke up, making the tasks easier so Hyojin instructed Jihyo to take a bath first before her. 

"Good morning girls!" Insung and Kyunghoon surprised the girls during their breakfast.

"Good morning Insung oppa, Kyunghoon oppa." Eun Hye greeted them followed by the rest of the girls.

"Woah. As expected, the girls have better set of foods.Why is no one from us willing to cook for everyone?" Kyunghoon nagged after noticing the sets of foods on their dining table. 

"You can join us, oppa. Your dates are still preparing upstairs." Jisoo motioned them to sit.

Kyunghoon willingly accepted while Insung smiled at the  girls' offer and roam his eyes around. 

"Looking for someone?" Minhee eyed Insung but before he could answer, Hyojin went out from the kitchen and talked loudly to someone upstairs.

"Jihyo-yah. Your stew already boiled so I closed the stove." She then raised the bowl she's holding to signal Jihyo that she already took out a portion for everyone's breakfast. 

"Ah..really? th-thanks Eonnie." Jihyo, still wearing her bathrobe with her hair still wet panicked with the sudden attention towards her so she confusedly took a step up and down the stairs repeatedly. 

Insung stopped himself from laughing loudly at Jihyo's reaction. In the end, Jihyo decided to speed walk down the stairs and towards the kitchen. 

"Excuse me." Insung said to the girls beside him and followed Jihyo. 

There was silence in the dining hall, that even Hyojin stopped eating and watched Insung hurriedly walked towards the kitchen yet she immediately shrugged it off but the girls included in the group date were obviously irritated with the favoritism Insung is showing since yesterday. Only them knows how Insung spent most of his time with Jihyo alone during their group date. 

Kyunghoon tried his best to cheer up the girls after noticing their expressions.    

Kyunghoon's ITM

"That was really awkward. Although I sympathized with the girls, at the same time, if I was in the same position as Insung hyung, I think I would also do the same. I'm not yet entirely sure but I can feel that he has her eyes set on Jihyo noona. I don't have anyone in particular that I believe is standing out for me as of now, so I don't really want to criticize hyung's actions." Kyunghoon sighed before continuing. "But I'm kinda jealous that most of the girls wanted his attention." 

Hyojin's ITM

"I wouldn't lie that I can also sense the attraction between the two, especially Insung. I know him if he's interested to someone. I'm close to both of them and I wanted to think that it's still early. We still have a lot of chances to have our own moment. It's just that as of now, Jihyo is undeniably one of the front runners for the guys." Hyojin weakly smiled at the camera. "I think I should warn Jihyo that the rest of the girls will be too competitive of her from now on. Atleast basing from their expressions."  

"Is that my stew?" 

Jihyo didn't answer him but continue filling the bowl she's holding and placed it on the counter. Insung was about to take it but Jihyo pulled it towards her. 

"Seriously? That's mine, right?" Insung asked with a hint of smile that still not fading since seeing her earlier. But also, his insides are celebrating after knowing that Jihyo really cooked for him. 

"Why would it be yours? I cooked it for the girls. Besides, you have your date with Victoria later, right? Just eat there." Jihyo nonchalantly shooed him away with her hands.  

Insung bit his lip and amusedly looked at Jihyo, amazed by how different it was with how the other girls welcomed him earlier. Still, he can't help but think that Jihyo really hates his presence but he wanted to believe that she is just playing with him. So, two can play this game. 

"You're pushing me away? Don't tell me you're jealous because it's not  you whom I have a date today?" 

To shut him up, Jihyo pushed back the bowl of tofu stew to Insung. He looked at the food with a wide grin and smelled it.

"It smells good." He then darted his stare on her. "Or is it you?" 

Jihyo glared at him and gave him a spoon. "Eat, Insung." 

"Aye, aye." Insung obeyed her and took a spoonful of the stew. 

Jihyo knew that Insung likes to tease someone. She experienced it before during their filming and promotion of their movie, how Insung was so playful and used to tease and annoy her. Now that they're trying to get comfortable again, he's back to how he was before to her. 

With his eyes close, Insung savored the stew as if filming for a commercial. "Hmmm. Ahhh." Insung's noises while eating the stew made Jihyo nervous. She looked outside the kitchen to see if someone is coming. "Hmmm." Another noise was made by Insung. He was practically that Jihyo ended up hitting his arm.

"Yah! Insung, stop that! They might think that we're doing something else here." 

"And what could be that something else?" He finally laughed after Jihyo's face obviously reddened. He pinched her cheek that Jihyo was quite taken aback.

"Just eat silently, okay?" 

Insung sensed Jihyo's worries so he decided to stop teasing her. "Arasso, Jihyo-yah." 

Insung's ITM

"Jihyo...I know as early as now that she won't make it easy for me. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter