13: Healing

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please take us to the top. Don't put us down unless I wave this handkerchief." Insung instructed the operator of the Ferris Wheel and guided Jihyo to enter the cabin. 

Sitting opposite each other, Insung can't help  but shook his head when Jihyo unhesitantly stood up and looked outside once they reached the top. "Whoa. We're way above everyone Insung-ah." 

He let Jihyo enjoyed the view for a while and fixed the camera that would film them since their VJs aren't with them. She didn't forget that I'm here right? The cabin was small so although he handles height very well, he still felt nervous as the cabin moves along with Jihyo who's alternately looking through both windows. 

"I can see everything from here. Daebak. Eh? Look, there's Moonbin and Raewon. I think he's looking for me. Ottoke?"

Insung sighed and pulled Jihyo back on her sit. "You. You acted out on me earlier because I made you wait and now that we're together, you're thinking of someone else?" 

"I'm just feeling guilty. I left him." 

"Fine. Should I wave this now so you can get back to him?" He took his handkerchief and was about to open the window to wave it for the operator to see but Jihyo was quick to steal it from him. 

"Andwae! Am I really the only one showing some attitude today?' She coldly asked him while hiding the handkerchief in her pocket. 

He looked away guiltily. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have controlled you like that." He uttered, aware of how he treated Jihyo since knowing she's with Raewon, worsening his unwell emotions since talking to Hyojin. 

"I wasn't able to start this day right. I somehow released my frustrations to you." He continued while looking outside. 

She has an idea that the talk with Hyojin might not be good but she knows she's in no place to ask the details. 

"What am I, your punching bag?" 

This earned a light chuckle from Insung and Jihyo follows while touching her leg.

"Does it still hurt?" 

"Yes. Just the right one, weird. It feels a little numb." She replied and gave little  to her right leg.

"Let me." 

"Huh? Ah..we-wait. You don't have - to.." She held her breath when Insung placed her right foot on his lap. "...do that." 

Insung took off her shoe and sock before gently massaging it. She felt shy. Who wouldn't be? Although it feels really good, the idea of Insung massaging her barefoot is making her really embarassed. 

"Tell me if I'm pressing it too hard, okay?" He looked at her waiting for her permission. 

She met his eyes and nodded before looking away quickly to hide her blushed cheeks. She proceeded on relying on her image to save herself. "Do you even know what you're doing?" She asked a bit mocking.

"Of course. I used to massage my mom as well." 

She judged his skills inwardly and true to his words, he's doing a good job. He started with the ball of her foot and moving along the sole, working them firmly and easing the aching sensation within. 

"That feels good. Can you go a little higher?" She asked innocently. 

"Huh?" Insung retorted, eyeing her with a wry smile. 

"What?" She was confused with his expression and when his smile broadened, just then she realized what he's thinking. She panicked. "Yah! That's not - that's not it. What I mean is -" 

She wasn't able to fully explain herself when Insung heartily laughed at her. She plans to take back her foot but he grasp it tightly. 

"I'm just teasing you. I know what you mean." He told her, eyes still on the verge of tears from laughing at her. She pouts on that.

He knows she's a bit upset on his recent teasing but Jihyo pouting is a sight to behold. While massaging her leg, he keeps on stealing glances at her until he can't hold it anymore. 

"Jihyo..."

"What!?" 

He smiled at her tone. "Can you stop pouting?" He asked in all seriousness. 

"And why should I listen to you?" She's obviously throwing a little tantrum again. 

"Because if you won't..." He swallowed before looking at her lips before meeting her gaze. "I might kiss you." He said it so casually but only him knows how nervous he is of her reaction. 

She thought that it's time for payback. She smirked with what he said and remove her foot from his lap. She then leaned forward, resting both elbows on her knees, hands placed under her chin. 

His heart skipped a beat, as he's reminded again of how her beauty alone could easily flutter someone. He thought that Jihyo's quick change of personalities should be studied. 

Her big brown eyes was locked on his. "Then do it. Kiss me. I dare you." 

As if he was hypnotized, he also leaned forward while his hands brought her face nearer him. He felt her hands landed on his knees, seeking for balance. His eyes not leaving hers, trying to sense a bit of hesitation from her; yet there's none, heightening his confidence. 

His stare brought down to her lips once more. Her breath seems like a seductive fragrant, pulling him closer until their noses touched. Giving in to temptation, he surged forward. 

"Darn." That's all he can mutter while hearing Jihyo's giggles. He kissed her. Yet at the last second, Jihyo was quick to look down. His lips landed on her nose. Embarassed, he proceeded on kissing her forehead as well. As if the camera didn't film how he obviously aimed for her lips. 

He's well aware how red he is so he leaned back, letting go of her face. He looked at her amusingly, enjoying her laughter. "You led me on." He accused her. 

"I didn't. You're just in a rush." She answered, eyes still sparkling brightly. 

Insung's ITM

"Damn." He cursed as he rubbed his face roughly. He looked above smiling, remembering the "almost" kiss with Jihyo. "I don't know what has gotten into me, really. I  just felt like wanting to kiss her that moment. But...it wasn't really a failure, right? I kissed her on her nose...and forehead. It's still a win for me." He then laughed with his statement. "I'm not going to force it, of course. I can wait." 

"It's 8:57 now." Insung reminded her. 

"Omo. We should go then. If we're late, we'll lose our chance for a solo date." 

His decision was fixed. He only bonded with Hyojin and Jihyo tonight, leaving Jihyo to be his only choice for a solo date. He believes that his interaction with Hyojin might gain some negative response from the public and choosing to pursue the solo date with Jihyo, she might be entangled with the hate. He's sure that the viewers will be quick to interpret how easy it was for him to reject Hyojin which isn't entirely true. 

"You know...I'm planning on not voting to anyone tonight."

This caused her chest to tighten. Was she disappointed? Maybe a bit, knowing that she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter