10: Forward

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I updated two chapters. Hope you'll enjoy it!!!!

Another week quickly comes but their supposed group date was postponed to give more time for the production crew to prepare. With the elimination of Nickhyun alone, the viewers of the show believes that the girls are starting to dictate the program, and remained the guys most of them wants. Considering that the male artists are more passive and the female artists are more direct in admitting who they want or not.

Since the start of the third week became a rest day for them, some of the girls decided to clean their own rooms such as Yejin and Jihyo. 

"Eonnie, I forgot to congratulate you for topping last week's ranking among the girls." Yejin commented while busying herself dusting off her bed. 

Jihyo looked up from fixing her clothes and smiled at Yejin. "Thank you. You're not bad yourself, you're still at the third spot." 

"Yeah but the ranking last week was so different from the 1st week."

"That's because of the group game. Almost half of us only garnered points from the elimination round. Hyuna and Victoria, they were at the bottom before but now they climb the ranks because of their solo date."

"Hyojin unnie also moved down from the top because of that. Unless this week's group date isn't the same as last week, Hyojin unnie might get her position back."

"Hopefully...wait, do you want some drinks or foods? I'm going to check if Jisoo's done using the vacuum downstairs."

"Just water, please. Thanks eonnie."

When Jihyo went downstairs, Yejin was done with her bed and decided to take over in fixing Jihyo's cabinet while waiting. 

//

On the other hand, Eun Hye and Joy are not cooperating well in cleaning their room. 

"Joy, if you're just going to sulk, could you please leave the room for a while so I can clean my area. I'm not in any way going to clean yours as well."

"Eonnie, where can you get the motivation to even move? Don't you remember that we're both at the bottom from last week's ranking?"

"Don't nag on me. Nag on the one who's obviously at fault here why we need to go home early after the group game. She's on Room 203 by the way."

"What do you mean? I'm part of the winning group last time and I'm still at the very bottom of the girls' ranking. If Nickhyun oppa didn't get lesser points than me, it would have been me who will go home last week." 

Eun Hye snorted with what she heard. She immediately turned serious when Joy glared at her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to find it funny how I still get a higher votes than you. Considering I'm part of the losing team." Eun Hye nonchalantly commented, fueling Joy's irritation.

Eun Hye sighed out of relief when Joy stormed out of their room. "Finally, I can clean in peace." 

//

On her way back to her room, Jihyo almost cursed when Joy lightly bumped with her. She watched her went to the pool area with heavy feet, relieved that the pitcher of water and two glasses she's holding are still in place. 

"What's wrong with that kid?" 

She shook her head and continued walking back to her room. 

"Yejin-ah, here. Drink some first." She put everything down on Yejin's bedside table and put the vacuum behind the door. When she looked up, she saw Yejin's nervous expression and coldly looked at the pictures Yejin is holding. 

"Eonnie...I- I - I didn't mean to..."

Jihyo rushedly went to Yejin and forcedly get the pictures she's holding and hid it back to her cabinet. "Who told you to lay hands on my things?" 

Yejin was shocked with Jihyo's tone. "I just want to help you finished early, eonnie." She tried to explain herself as this is the first time she saw this distant and cold expression from Jihyo.

"I didn't ask you to!" Jihyo finally raised her voice. She didn't want anyone to know and she obviously didn't expect that someone will find out about it. She tightly closed her eyes as she saw Yejin's startled expression.

"I'm sorry. I promise, I don't even get what that photos of you and Jongkook-ssi means. I'll keep shut about it. I'm really sorry, eonnie." 

Jihyo weakly sat down on her bed as she tried to remain calm. It's only been a month when she left everything behind. She left Running Man with a heavy heart. But she just can't stay in a place that could constantly pains her whenever she sees him.

"I'm sorry, I raised my voice. It was just...the sudden rush of emotions." 

Yejin's expression softened as she saw the pool of tears she's trying to hold. She slowly approached her and sat beside her. "Is he the reason why you're here? When I first saw you, I was really curious why would someone like you join a dating show. It's just so not you, eonnie. Although I don't really know you before the show." 

It's this kind of confrontation that she's trying to escape since her break up. Explaining her heartbreak. Explaining her unusual decisions but she was guilty of lashing out on Yejin that she thinks giving her a preview of her personal life would make her understand and forgive her. 

She merely nodded as a confirmation. "I just wanted to end all the pain at once. I needed a distraction. Then this offer came at the right time."

Yejin shifted closer to Jihyo and took her left hand to comfort her. "If it's isn't too much to ask, why did you two break up?'

With her question, Jihyo glared at her. "Yah! You're taking advantage of the atmosphere. You just want some tea, aren't you?" 

Yejin finally smiled when the light atmosphere between them returned. "Come on, eonnie. If you want this show to distract you, might as well have someone who you can freely talk with your feelings. Let me help you. We're roommates now. And roommates share secrets, right?" She sincerely offered to her. 

Outside of the show, both of them interacted once only through Running Man. They're both actresses but one decided to focus and strengthen one field, while the other pursued other fields. They're both successful and with their popularity, you would wonder if there's really no one pursuing them. Nevertheless, with their age, it's easy to say that when it comes to relationship, they're similar. Resulting for both of them to be in a freaking dating show. 

"I got tired of waiting." Jihyo finally opened up. 

"I was ready but he's not. As much as I want to tell everyone that I'm taken, he's too afraid for eveything to change. I allowed myself to be hidden. To be denied, even on live. Do you know how it feels when he's on other interviews and would smoothly tell everyone that he's single? I wanted to understand it but there was just no assurance until when I need to wait, or if there is really something to wait." 

Yejin brought her hands to her face to wipe her tears.

"So I broke up with him. But you know what's more hurtful? He didn't even come after me. It's like he's just waiting for me to finally let go. But because I was the one who initiated the break up, I don't have any right to get mad. It was so frustrating that I can't blame him. That I can't direct the pain back to him. Working with him every week was just too much to handle so I asked for a break from the show."

"What's his reaction when you left the show?"

Jihyo shrugged. "I don't know. I wasn't there when the PDs announced it to the rest of the members. I just informed them through text that I need to take a rest. That I'm working on a project and now they will think that it's because of this dating show why I took a break. How pathetic is that?" She laughed lightly.

"It's not, eonnie. Choosing yourself is never a pathetic move. We're animals in nature. If we felt that our safety is threatened, we moved away. We'll look for a safer place. It's what we do to thrive. It was your way to save yourself from the pain so do you know what you need to do now?"

Jihyo curiously eyed Yejin and the latter sweetly smiled at her. "Make the most out of it, eonnie. Tell the world that you're now open to be loved. Show everyone how the Song Jihyo loves and cares for someone. That they will all hope to have you." 

"Love...that's a strong word."

"But you never know." Yejin gave her a meaningful smile.  

Jihyo returned a greatful gaze to Yejin. How come that they needed a dating show for their friendship to begin?

"Thank you. I'm sorry, I got mad at you."

"It's fine, eonnie. It was my fault. I know you didn't mean it." 

Outside their room, Hyojin tightened her grip around the doorknob. She sighed first before recovering her innocent expression after everything that she heard from inside the room. Then, she knocked. 

"What? Did I interrupt something? Come outside, lunch is ready." Hyojin said while entering and pulled both Yejin and Jihyo out of their room. 

Later that night, Jihyo decided to stay around the pool area. The talk with Yejin regarding her past relationship drained him that she wishes for some time to be alone to recover herself again. 

"Wine?"     

She looked up and saw Hyojin holding offering her a wine. She blankly accepted it and moved a bit to give way for Hyojin to sit beside her. "Thank you."

"What are you thinking?" 

Jihyo quickly looked at Hyojin. "Huh? What do you mean?"

With that, Hyojin guiltily stare at Jihyo. "Look, I didn't mean to eavesdropped but I kind of heard you and Yejin this morning. I'm sorry."

"Oh." She was shocked to hear that. She sipped from her glass to ease her mind when Hyojin continues.

"I know it's not my place to ask this but...do you still love him?" 

If Jihyo's mind was ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter