15: Wrench

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Insung and Jihyo returned to the bar discreetly, they were both taken aback to see Jaesuk waiting on them, eyeing them seriously.

"Jaesuk oppa..." She said it nervously.

"The two of you... Hyojin PD was upset when your VJs reported that they lost you."

The two looked around and saw that the rest of the artists were now being escorted back to the van. "The producers will ask once all of you get back home. The crew will take the eliminated artist home tonight. It was my suggestion since you two were gone for a long time, and the production can't move forward with the voting."

"Do the artists know it's because of us?" Insung asked and Jihyo's back to calm her.

"No, they don't. I volunteered to be the one to scold both of you since the Head PD finds what you've done unacceptable. Besides, it's not the first time you broke the rules."

The two remained silent, knowing they had lost track of time. What they did was against what they signed for and could start serious trouble.

"Sorry, oppa. It won't happen again." Jihyo admitted it and bowed to Jaesuk, thankful for covering them.

Jaesuk tapped her head before telling them to follow the other artists. Once Jihyo was out of sight, Jaesuk called Insung again. "Insung-ah, if you're going to break the rules, ensure you won't get caught then." He said that and looked at Insung meaningfully.

Insung then smirked at him and chuckled lightly. "You're right, Hyung."

The morning came, and the girls were quietly preparing their breakfast; specifically, Team B. Jihyo's group and Team C were susceptible about what they would talk about, avoiding realizing that Joy was not with them anymore when they woke up.

"Can we all stop pretending? No one from you guys likes Joy, and it's not like we're friends either, so don't act like you all care about her elimination." Minhee finally breaks the ice.

"That's true." Jessi casually commented, which earned a giggle from Hyuna and Victoria.

"But please, don't act like that when Eun Hye is here. She might be a to all of you, but she's still the closest to Joy." Minhee gently asked them since Eun Hye refused to go out of the room upon knowing it was Joy who got eliminated. That caught the girls by surprise, especially Hyojin.

"Of course," Hyojin replied nonchalantly. Jihyo smiled after seeing their interaction.

As they all settled down to eat, they heard the door open.

"Hi, girls. Fantastic, we made it in time for their breakfast." Kyunghoon successfully attracted the girls' attention.

The girls' mood quickly transitioned to excitement when they saw the guys walking towards the dining table, and the crew promptly brought extra chairs to accommodate them. Some girls welcomed and guided them toward the kitchen to get their food.

"We're all having breakfast together?" Hyuna asked loudly.

"That explains the new set of ingredients in the fridge we cooked today," Hyojin commented, looking at Minhee, sitting in front of her, ignoring the early visitors.

"True. Good thing we decided to cook a lot." Minhee replied, meeting Hyojin's eyes.

As if reality had struck them, the two quickly looked away from each other. "I'll just call Eun Hye to come out," Minhee uttered, and she instantly left the table.

Jihyo, who witnessed the interaction again, nudged Hyojin's side with her elbow, widely grinning. Before she could tease Hyojin, her eyes caught Insung coming out of the kitchen with his food.

Insung smiled as he noticed Jihyo's gaze. He walked, aiming for the vacant seat beside her.

Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. His hair was quite unkept and is now longer after a month without a haircut. Yet he looks so dreamy.

Jihyo, can I kiss you?

She looked away before he could catch her cheeks tainted red as she remembered last night's kiss. When she finally felt a presence beside her, pulling the seat, she tried her best to act unbothered. Trying her hardest to calm her nerves, she looked beside her.

"Good morning, Jihyo."

She could not hide her expression, finding it wasn't Insung beside her. "Ah...good morning." 

Raewon sat beside her and smiled at her, which she hesitantly returned. When she discreetly searched for Insung, she noticed Jessi and Eun Hye dragging him to sit between them at the end of the table. Their eyes locked momentarily. Talking through their eyes, she managed to understand the apologetic look in Insung, knowing that the two got a hold of him before he could even get near her.

"I guess it was Joy who got eliminated from your group." Raewon once again stole her attention.

"Hmm. Is there someone who got eliminated on your side?"

"Moonbin."

"It is how it is," Jihyo uttered, continuing to enjoy her breakfast.

"How are you?"

The question perplexed Jihyo, who squinted her eyes in Raewon's direction. "Fine, I guess? Why did you ask?"

"We haven't talked these past few weeks. Besides, you left me for Insung the last time." His voice trailed off weakly, but Jihyo still managed to hear it.

"Oh, right!" Jihyo suddenly sat up straight and, by reflex, placed her hand over Raewon's. "Oppa, I'm sorry about that day. , I forgot to talk to you again."

He smiled and squeezed Jihyo's hand. "That's fine. You don't have to apologize."

"Nonsense. I'll make it up to you." She replied, waving her hand in front of him. Leaning closer to him, Jihyo whispered, "Tell me, what do you want? I'll do it." She innocently asked.

Raewon smiled shyly at how Jihyo was looking at him. "Anything?" 

She nodded. "Hmm. As long as it's reasonable."

"I'll think of something then. Is Song Jihyo doing something for me? I'll make sure to get the most out of it." He replied, looking straight at her and tapping her nose.

"You two should get a room."

Hyojin, who had been listening to them, interrupted their conversation. This time, the group looks at Jihyo and Raewon, obviously curious.

Jin Park didn't allow the opportunity to mock his noona to slip away. "Ooh. Jihyo Noona is blushing. What did you two talk about?"

Jihyo felt defensive instantly. She's blushing not because of what she and Raewon talked about but because of the sudden attention.

"Eonnie, it's nothing inappropriate. It's purely rated PG."

"Jihyo, I'm not implying anything. I just thought that you two should talk somewhere private." Hyojin explained and teasingly looked at her dongsaeng, whose face was now painted a darker shade of red.

The group giggled at the instant sitcom they witnessed, mainly because of Jihyo, who wanted gravity to bury her underground.

"Tell us, Noona, what did you assume we thought about your conversation with Raewon Hyung?" Jin Park continued, and Jihyo took note of strangling him when the opportunity came.

Hyojin, this time, failed to stop herself from laughing. Jihyo turned to her and glared after realizing that Hyojin had set her up in this situation.

"Jihyo-ssi, I like the way you think." With what Hyunbin uttered, the group finally erupted in laughter.

 

Jihyo's ITM

"Oh, crap. I was embarrassed. I'll ignore Hyojin Eonnie for the rest of the day. She set me up! She meant something inappropri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter