11: Same Page

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With what Jihyo heard, she deeply breathed. 

"Insung-ah..."

Insung noticed her tone that he stopped enjoying the food and looked at her. "Hmm?"

"If you're happy with him then that's it. It's still too early to worry on other things, noona. Explore it first. Allow yourself to be free of your worries before jumping into whatever scenarios or ending already building up in that wide forehead of yours."  Jin Park's voice rang through her head loudly. 

That's right. I joined the show for myself. Don't get distracted by thinking of others' feelings. 

Insung watched how Jihyo became dazed for a moment. He noticed how her expression carries her feelings that he realized she's too transparent, making her too honest with her feelings. He put down his food and brought his hand to her face to settle her forming forehead creases before transferring to her cheek.

Carressing her right cheek, he softly talked to her. "I've been observing you throughout the day. I don't know what you're thinking so I don't know how to comfort you now. But if you're with me, you know you can be honest. I want you to feel free around me. Don't hold yourself."

"I'm thinking about us..." She finally admitted and took Insung's hand to lock with hers. "I'm sorry, I'm overthinking this early."

"Jihyo...we both know that we cannot assure each other yet this early, right? I am open with the possibility of you being with the other guys that's why although I feel a bit jealous when you're with others, it's part of the show. Just like you, I interact with others as well but...I wouldn't deny to you that you're different."

He shifted uncomfortably trying to read Jihyo's expressions. "That's why I told you, I wanted to see this through. I wanted to explore this and see where this would lead us. But at the same time I won't stop you to try it with the others as well, and so do I. Because like I said, it's the show's nature."

JIhyo remained quiet throughout, she's contemplating. "What if...what if we hurt each other in the process? What if I hurt you?"

Insung smiled. He realized how pure Jihyo really is. "If that happens, then I'll accept it. Don't think about me, okay? Do what would make you happy. Ofcourse as of now, if being with me is what makes you happy, then I'm on cloud nine."

Jihyo lightly laugh that Insung released a relieved sigh, finally seeing her smile that day. "So...are we on the same page now?" He follow through.   

"Yeah. we are." She replied and pulled away from his hold to join him in eating. Although her worries wasn't directly solved as she didn't tell him what really is bothering her, she realized that he's still partly right. Atleast, she got an indirect confirmation from him. Do what would make you happy. 

"Why are you still hungry, by the way? You visited three restaurants, right?" Jihyo asked, initiating the change of atmosphere after she noticed how quickly Insung finished the burger.

"Argh. Don't remind me of that." He groaned and leaned on the sofa, feeling exhausted just thinking about earlier.

This caused Jihyo to laugh. "Why? Are two women too much to handle for the mighty Jo Insung?" 

"Two nagging women who are constantly trying to get into each other's nerves, silently throwing daggers to each other's throat? Of course it is." 

He earned another hearty laugh from her which made him laughed as well. "I can't imagine how they are now, they are even roommates." Jihyo commented, practically speaking to herself, still giggling just thinking of the fact that the two women are together right now. 

When Jihyo finally finished her food, which he's been waiting to happen, he gently pulled her close to him and rested her head on his chest while wrapping his left arm around her middle. 

"I was really exhausted that I ended up eating few because I was so uncomfortable with the date earlier. Then at the end, I found out that a certain beautiful woman and Jin Park only visited two restaurants because the beautiful woman practically enjoyed being with him and they stayed in the ice cream place. That made me more exhausted." He slowly and casually stated with his eyes closed and head leaning on the backrest.

This caught her offguard but no matter how he wanted to appear calm, Jihyo's head on his chest felt how fast his heart beats. She inwardly smiled with the fact that she's making him like this. 

"Jin Park is a great dongsaeng that I'm really fond of." 

He broadly grin with how Jihyo emphasized the word dongsaeng. "You're well aware that Kwang Soo would be jealous once he knew about him, right?" 

"Let him. He knows that the more I smack or hit someone, the more I like them. He's still at the top of that list." 

"Poor Kwangsoo."  

They both laugh with that comment. The comfortable atmosphere made Jihyo unconsciously wrapped her arms around his torso. They both shifted closer to each other, both shy to call it out. 

"How long are you planning to lock me in here? Yejin might notice that I'm still not back."

"Just an hour." He opened his eyes when he felt her touching his hand, taking a look at his watch. "Jihyo...it's only been 30 minutes. I still have another half an hour with you." 

"Just checking. Aren't you a little clingy of me here?"

He smirked before looking at her. "Says someone who got her arms wrapped around me." 

That made Jihyo take a double look at their position that she instantly removed her arms from him and was about to create some distance but Insung quickly held her. 

"Not so fast." He and repositioned her arms back around his torso, guided her head back on his chest but this time, he brought his arms around her as well. "Stay. It's comfortable." He said and once again closed his eyes. 

"Insung-ah, why are you here?" 

He got what she's asking. He's her arm, wanting to feel her before giving her the answer she wants. "You know how we're at the age that our mothers constantly nagged us to marry."

"Hmm. My mom was the same."

"That's right but one day she just stopped nagging me. I was curious so I asked her but I didn't expect that she would casually say in front of me that she was diagnosed with cancer." 

That made Jihyo sat up yet remained her arms around him. She just wanted to take a look of him. Insung felt her move but he didn't open his eyes and continued.

"It's cancer, it doesn't have any cure. The medications will just delay the worst scenarios and it frustrates me that she doesn't want to get treated. The way my mom acted like it was not a big deal broke me. She said instead of spending her time in the hospital, she wanted to treasure us. But I know deep inside, she hopes to see her sons get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter