6: Their little secret

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How was the date with Hyunbin oppa, eonnie?" 

Upon reaching the mansion, some of the girls who's having their girl time in the living room quickly gathered around Yejin and Joy who just came from their solo date. 

"Goodnight Jisoo,  goodnight everyone." She ignored the girls' groans and went upstairs to her room, wearing a broad smile.

"Seems like it's a great night for her." Hyuna commented after witnessing Yejin's expression yet unlike her, Joy is slightly stomping her feet on her way back to her room.

"Hey Joy, was it not a good date with Dongjun?" Yoonju shouted before Joy could fully reach her room. 

"Look at my dress, eonnie. Gosh, he was so clumsy throughout the whole date." Joy answered and pointed out her stained dress before slamming the door of the room she's sharing with Eun Hye.

"Seems like it's a bad date for her." Hyuna once again remarked which earned her a laugh from Jisoo who is now using her lap as a pillow. 

"How was it Yejinah?" Hyo Jin asked in a singsong manner once Yejin opened the door.

"Ya! You startled me!" Yejin's hand is on her chest after being surprised to see El seated on Jihyo's bed with Jihyo while Hyojin is lying down on her bed. She removed her heels and joined her friends who are obviously ready for tea that night.

"Hmm. It was good." Yejin casually replied which earned her a whack in the head from Hyojin. "Eonnie! What was that for?" She replied while rubbing her head.

"Come on Yejinah. We didn't wait here just to hear a casual reply from you. I even allowed El to be on my bed although she hasn't washed herself yet." Jihyo said and glared at Lee El who just laughed at her.  

"Fine!" Yejin leaned her head nearer to the three of them and the three girls also leaned their head closer to Yejin, waiting for her to say something. "Goodnight girls." She whispered and giggled. "El and eonnie, leave our room now. Can't you see Jihyo eonnie almost dozing off now?"

"We're not leaving. Just tell us some preview?" El demanded and linked herself to Jihyo. 

"He's a gentleman. He's...he's a calm person. He's very comfortable to be around as well." 

The girls became silent when Yejin started enumerating descriptions about Hyunbin. Hyojin and Jihyo accidentally looked at each other and smiled. Both noticed the satisfied expression from Yejin. On the other hand, Lee El was intently listening to Yejin. 

"Anything else?" El followed up. 

"Hmm, he said that he's quite surprised to see me here?" 

"Did he reveal why he joined this show?" 

Yejin looked at Lee El. "That...is a secret. Okay I've said enough."

"Tell us more about him, please?" 

"Ya! Lee El, aren't you too curious about Hyunbin? Don't you have a date with Insung tomorrow?" Hyojin finally commented after seeing a bit of discomfort from Yejin. 

"Oh right. Omo. How should I act in front of him tomorrow?" El asked them since the three already worked with Insung.

"You don't have to worry about Insung. He could immediately feel if you're uncomfortable then he'll do something for you to relax. You'll just notice yourself being comfortable around him as well." It was Jihyo who answered Lee El. "Just be yourself. Right eonnie?" She added and glanced at Hyojin.

"Ah.R-right. Insung is a playful one so Jihyo's right. You have nothing to worry. Besides, he chose you so you already marked an impression to him. How did you do that by the way?" Hyojin asked and intently looked at Lee El. 

*Yawn

Jihyo was successful in stealing their attention after she loudly yawned. "Okay, that's the cue. Both of you, get out of here. Yejin, help me." Jihyo and Yejin playfully pushed El and Hyojin out of their room. "Yejin is tired and I have a date as well tomorrow. Goodnight girls." She then slowly closed the door.

"Goodnight. See you tomorrow!" Yejin followed before Jihyo could fully close the door. 

When the two were left in their room, Jihyo quickly drowned herself on her bed. "Yejinah, basing from your expression, you had a great date huh?"

"Ah-"

"Don't worry, I won't ask you anything. You should rest as well. Goodnight." 

Yejin smiled and send her goodnight as well and laughed with Jihyo's last retort. "You should wash yourself first." 

"Whoa! Eonnie, you're so pretty." Jessi said as she adored Jihyo while walking down the stairs with her sparkling blue dress reaching just above her knee. The strap and low chest cut that fits the shape of her chest showed off her pale shoulder and a bit of cleavage. A contrast of mature yet vibrant image. 

Jihyo laughed when Yoonju offered her left hand to her. "Your majesty, let me guide you." 

"Stop it, eonnie." Jihyo said while laughing yet still jokingly accepted Yoonju's hand. 

"Where's El?" Jihyo asked since both of them will have their solo date that night. 

"She's still fixing herself unnie, Hyojin unnie is lending her a hand." Yejin answered who is currently retouching Jihyo's make up. 

"Goodluck Jihyo eonnie. Hope you won't have a disastrous date like Joy." Victoria chuckled after successfully seeing Joy's annoyed face. 

"Song Jihyo-ssi. Please wait outside for your date." A crew signalled Jihyo to go outside. 

What? I'm going to wait for him? She thought but remained her bright aura as she said her goodbyes to the girls remained in the mansion. 

Due to her stilletos, she walked while looking down to prevent herself from tripping when she felt a hand holding her elbow. 

"Let me help you." 

Jihyo flinched and looked at her side to confirm the person's identity. Her eyes widened along with slightly parted after knowing who is it.

"I know I look so good right now, but you don't have to stare at me that way." Insung said and returned Jihyo's stares. 

Just then Jihyo realized that she's been staring at him. With that, her reflex quickly made her backed off from Insung, causing her action to lose her balance. 

" - "

"Got you!" Insung was quick to hold Jihyo's hand and guided her. "Don't you think that it's kind of inappropriate for you to curse while being in this beautiful facade?" 

Jihyo glared at his remark and once again pulled back her hand from his grip. "You don't care but thanks." 

"Ya Jo Insung! Stop staring." Jihyo hit his arm after being uncomfortable from Insung's unyielding stare at her and moved a bit, putting some distance between them. 

"You're seriously offending me, Song Jihyo." Insung stated seriously after noticing Jihyo's action towards him. 

"Me? How come?" She asked innocently.

"You're always flinching around me."

"Oh." That's all Jihyo could utter since she's also aware how she reacts when Insung is around. "It's not like that..I'm -"

"Nevermind. Let's just talk about that some other time. Seems like you can handle yourself." Insung said and was supposed to walk first towards their car to wait for Lee El when Jihyo held his arm. He turned around and gave her a questioning look.

"Help me?" Jihyo whispered but loud enough for Insung to hear. 

He smiled. "Are you sure? I can stay away so you won't flinch." He said emphasizing the last word.

"I didn't mean that. I'm sorry." Jihyo looked down and started biting her nails from being anxious and guilty. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter