12: Conflicts Arising

Exchange: Reedition [SLOW UPDATE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah...another one of us got eliminated today." Haein commented once he sat down on their house's living room along with the other male artists. 

The elimination round just finished and if last week, Nickhyun got eliminated, this time it's one of them again. Jun Jin just said his farewell to the show.

"The girls are terrifying." Jin Park followed up gaining a laugh from Insung. 

"Insung hyung finds this funny because his always at the top of the ranking." Yohan bitterly yet jokingly said. 

"Well, can't help being charming and irresisti - Yah!" He rubbed his right ear after Hyunbin strongly smack his head with a pillow. 

"If the girls like how narcissistic you are, well I don't." Hyunbin accused him flatly. 

Their juniors enjoyed how Hyunbin always counter Insung. He was about to fight back when Raewon made a comment. 

"For the past two weeks, the eliminated one is from us. That only means that the girls are already set or somehow already have their eyes set on someone. Shouldn't we step up our game now and be more obvious of who we really want?"  

"What do you mean?" Insung asked him.

"Do you like Jihyo?" Raewon bravely confront him.

This lead for the whole group to be quiet. It might not be official. They never gossip about it as well but among the male artists, Insung and Raewon's relationship is the least among them. They are similar poles of the magnet so they most of the time repel being together. The male artists are divided unofficially into two groups. Insung most of the time with Hyunbin and Haein while Raewon is usually with Yohan and Kyunghoon. 

The rest of the guys are sometimes with Insung and sometimes with Raewon. But, it is unusual for Raewon and Insung to be together in a certain spot because the tension is really present when they're together, just like tonight.

"Why do I have to answer that? It's not like we're supposed to just interact with one of the girls. We are expected to somehow like each of them." He gave him a general response. Yet he felt how his words linger in his tounge. 

"That's right. So you mean, how you treat Jihyo is similar to how you treat the other girls?" 

"Uh-oh." Jin Park can't help but react yet immediately covered his mouth when the rest of the guys glared at him. 

"Are you going to tell this to noona?" Moonbin whispered to Jinpark, aware of the noona-dongsaeng relationship of Jihyo and Jinpark. 

"It depends on how newsworthy this is. Let's wait how it turns out." Jinpark whispered back. 

"How I treat Jihyo...or the other girls is none of your concern." Insung eyed him, determined not to give the response he wants. 

"We're not blind. We all noticed how you look at her. The time you spend with her is way longer than the other girls. We know, because when that happens, Jihyo rarely interacts with us as well. But with what you just said, I believe that just confirm that you're still not definite about Jihyo." Raewon straightly told his observations to Insung.

Insung smirked, happy with the thought that Jihyo also spends more time with him. "Why are you telling me this? Why are you even so obsessed with what I have with her?" 

Raewon didn't answer for a while and the two just continue sizing each other up. Raewon finally stood up and sighed before giving Insung an answer that made him anxious that moment. "Because I like her....I like Jihyo." He confessed before turning his back leaving Insung staring blankly at him while the rest of the guys watched his reaction. 

The 4th week comes, marking their first month in the show. The last two weeks, the show was hard on them by giving them group dates that only allow a few pairs for a solo date. So now, as a celebration for the show's first month, a little treat was given to the artists.

Kang Ho Dong: We realized that we've been hard on you for the past two weeks, so now...the show is allowing you guys to have an amusement park date!

"Yeahhhh!" Jessi led the celebration and excitement for the day's amusement park date. While the other artists expressed their excitement as well. Of course, extreme rides are to be expected but for those who don't like it, amusement parks also offer great foods. What could go wrong with delicious foods?

Besides, what will happen if you're afraid of a specific ride? Cling with your partner. A perfect excuse and situation for adating show. 

"Are we going to be paired again? If that's the case, then two groups will be in three again, right? Since there  are more girls than the boys now." Joy asked the hosts. 

Yoo Jae Suk: That may be right, but not this time. For today, you are free of you want to be with. Whether you want it to be an all girl or all boy bond. a combination, or take advantage of today to have an amusement date with a certain someone, it's all up to you. We're not limiting your interactions today. 

Kang Ho Dong: That's right but...it's already 5 in the afternoon and you can only enjoy today's date until 9 tonight and after that, time to give your votes to see who will have this week's solo dates. 

Yoo Jae Suk: If you failed to get back here by 9, an automatic disqualification from the solo dates will be given. 

When the hosts gave them the green light to start roaming around the amusement park, most of them pondered whether to explore in groups or pair since this was the first time that the show gave them ultimate freedom when it comes to their interactions. 

"So, what are we riding first?" Yejin excitedly asked Jihyo and Hyojin. 

"I'm sorry but I plan on talking to Insung first." Hyojin replied.

"Aw, really? Then after, find us eonnie. It will be the first time that the three of us will bond together."

"Sure, sure. I'll look for the two of you after." 

Hyojin hugged the two of them and gave Jihyo an assuring smile that she won't be spilling anything after she noticed that she became quiet. 

"Yejin-ah...to truly enjoy amusement parks, an extreme one should be the appetizer." Jihyo looked at her left and smile at the sight of the tower drop.

Yejin felt shivers all over her and for the first time, she found Jihyo's smile creepy. This wasn't the kind of bond she's talking about but it's too late now to back out as Jihyo tightened her grip on Yejin and pulled her towards the entrance of the Tower Drop. 

//

"Noona, are you fond of extreme rides? What do you want to ride first?" Insung asked Hyojin but the latter didn't answer him. "Are you alright?" He asked again when he noticed how quiet she is before taking her hand. 

"I'm actually hoping to just have a talk with you." 

He knew this is serious. They've been friends together for years now that they can easily read each other. He gave her a reassuring smile. "Let's seat over there." 

"What was this about?" Insung questioned once they settled themselves on a bench.

Hyojin is always frank. She's never afraid to directly tell what she's feeling. The fact that she's in a dating show made her realized that if she's going to do this, she won't leave without a fight. 

"What do you think of me?" 

Insung awkwardly laugh with her question. "Noona, what does that mean?"

"I want you to stop calling me noona." She straightly told him. "I don't like how it appears that you're setting a clear boundary. That what we have and will have is just a relationship between a close colleague." 

"How can I easily do that?" 

"Can't you try looking at me in different perspective? Not as your older sister. We're both in this show Insung. I won't deny that even then I have my interest to you, and I think this show is somewhat a way for me to express that." 

He gulped. Because honestly, he never really thought of having an intimate relationship with her. He was able to do it in a drama but in real life, he just can't look at her that way. He respects her, as a colleague. 

"Just...try it, can't you? Give me a chance to fight for you." Hyojin followed up. 

Insung sighed but he doesn't want to be unfair considering that he also gave Minhee a chance despite how she broke up with him before. So why not give Hyojin a chance as well? Maybe he just needs to be open with the idea, and feelings can follow through. However...

"Noona...I'm sorry. If this is a confession that you like me, I can't...I don't think I can reciprocate it. You're a great friend, so I want to be honest to you. I hope you'll understand." He somehow whispered and squeezed Hyojin's hand, trying to comfort her despite knowing that he already hurt her. 

Hyojin pulled back her hand from Insung's grip and looked afar, trying to digest the situation of being rejected. She stood up which caused Insun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter