Chapter Twenty-Six

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the night approached, the lights of the amusement park became brighter, and the entire place turned livelier the more visitors came. Yet for both Yunho and Jaejoong though, the two decided to end their visit by resting and taking a moment to stargaze. The two of them were sitting on the grassy ground, being basically surrounded by other visitors of families and friends who were also picnicking on the ground, but with mats.

The area was brightly illuminated by the nearby lights of the many attractions. The sounds of children laughing and playing reverberated throughout the place, accompanying the musical attractions like singers. Yunho folded his legs against his chest, his arms wrapping around them to lock them in such position. When he breathed softly and cranked his neck upwards, he observed how the dimly lit night sky was decorated with thousands of stars resembling motionless fireflies. It was nature’s beauty at work, regardless of day or night.

And speaking of beauty, Yunho found himself rolling his eyes to the side, just enough for him to watch his companion. Beautiful companion.

 

Jaejoong was sitting in the same style as him, legs folded over the chest and all. Visible signs of weariness plastered over the angel’s face but those weren’t enough to defeat the genuine look of bliss he had. It was clear to Yunho that today he managed to see the happiest side of Jaejoong. He was uncertain as to why but seeing the other male laughing and smiling out of pure excitement made him happy. Yunho basically just witnessed a newer side of Jaejoong, a side he had never seen before, a side that resembled the heart of a child; sinless and flawless.

Even right now, a smile still lingered upon Jaejoong’s plump lips. The angel was gazing at the sky above, and when Yunho stared longer at him, he could almost see the sparkles of tiny stars reflected upon the male’s black irises. A pair of universes.

Jaejoong’s beauty was unmatched. Yunho admitted there were few circumstances where he would encounter with attractive people before, but this was his first time to ever find himself mesmerised over someone’s physical attributes. If he could write a whole story of 1000 pages just detailing the angel’s charm, he would. Even if it meant pulling himself from the real world, he knew it would be worth it.

 

But again, he wasn’t surprised.

Jaejoong was a literal angel after all.

There were times when Yunho had to remind himself that Jaejoong was an angel, not just a random captivating man who one day decided to break into his apartment and stayed with him afterwards. No, Jaejoong was not a nobody. He was a divine being sent from above.

And that, right now, reminded Yunho of another detail he often overlooked.

Jaejoong was a death angel.

 

The day of the ‘accident’ once again played within Yunho’s head. The specific side of his body ached when he recalled how he was slammed against the wall of the car he was in. His heart accelerated when he recalled seeing another vehicle speeding straight towards him. That day, everything occu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter