8 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soomin exited the entrance to her apartment building and Mark greeted her down the set of stairs. How in the world did he find out where she lived? If she turned back, she would be no different than a coward. If she dodged, it’d meant she never moved on. Her eyes locked onto the glass wall. Makeup checked. Clothes checked. Decent enough to deserve amazing things. Then she in a deep breath and walked down the stairs. Bobby was waiting.

Mark grabbed her wrist. “Can we talk?”

“I have a date.”

Mark raised an eyebrow, another date? These dates ticked his nerves. “Can you spare some time later?”

“No.”

“Not even for a minute.”

“You’re wasting the minute.” Soomin debated if she wanted to yank her hand away. A part of her wanted to know why he was here. How he knew where she lived? How could he cheat? Why show up now?

“The review…” Mark started. The review was an excuse to come see her. But he still wanted to ask about how she was doing and if her workplace had calmed. Was she safe? Were they safe?

“We saw.” The correction and apology at least stopped the online community from sharing and adding false information. The threat and damaged still grew, even after releasing a public statement. Someone wanted to play tug-a-war with Call Me.

“Is—”

Soomin tugged her hand. “You don’t need to worry about it. You’ll soon receive a call to come complete paperwork in agreement to revoke your membership according to your violation.”

She didn’t spare him another glance. Her shoulders squared and back straight slipping further away. He’d try another day. Just maybe today was too soon. He’d explained how he knew where she lived, he’d tell her how he lived, he’d tell her what he regretted, he’d tell her what happened, he’d asked if they were still possible. 

 

Soomin pushed through the entrance of A Café. Bobby sat in their usual seat where they had their precious few dates. Meeting Bobby today scared her. She successfully processed ship cancellation. He signed and sealed it away. Their professional bond no longer existed. Their status belonged in the unknown. Soomin hoped Bobby didn’t ask to meet to label their relationship. Soomin was still searching for the question.  

“Soomin,” Bobby waved. A a caramel frappe, her usual, waited at the table along with a few sweet and savory pastries.  

Soomin flashed Bobby a smile and took the opposite seat.

“I hope it wasn’t a bother to ask you out when Call Me is still a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter