14 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grocery shopping was next. Since it was his gift, the ingredients must also be from him. Meaning purchased with his money and made with his efforts. She had to suppress an eyeroll. There were plenty of unused, aging ingredients at her place, but she’d let him slide at the thought of sitting like a Queen watching Mark cook in her kitchen.

“I need to make a quick stop at Call Me and to officially introduce you to the team,” Soomi pulled Mark along and added, “in case I don’t survive tonight, they’ll know who I was last seen with.”

He threw an offended glare her away and pulled his arm out of her hold wrapping it around her neck. Her cheeks pressed against his chest. His other arms tightened around the paper bag filled with groceries.

“Mmmm chust quidding.” Soomin muttered, slapping his forearm.

Once he released her, Soomin removed the hair blocking her eyes and in a deep breath. “We moved back to the office today. I wanted to stop by.”

He smiled. “Let’s get some flowers along the way.”

 

----

 

The clear and soft sound from the windchime brought smile to the agents. It was wonderful to be back in the familiar, updated space. A sleek black marble front desk placed in the same spot their old counter was at. Now it had 2 tablets facing the entrance for quick check in and requests. The lobby styled with two fluffy black seaters along with two single couches in the same design set placed around a rectangular, glass coffee table.

The door frames were all painted in black, the wall coated with simple white. Soomin smiled and cleared . The looks on the agents’ eyes were a little intense. “Guys, this is Mark. Mark, this is Myunghwa, Yerin, and you already know Youngni.”

There was an awkward silence in the air. Soomin swallowed, “We’re officially dating. Well…back together. Please nothing too harsh against him.”

“About damn time,” Youngni grumbled. “But, I don’t know if we’re going to let him off that easy.”

“Seems like you guys will be busy tonight?” Yerin wondered.

“Yeah,” they chorused.

“I’ll let them know. We’ll celebrate tomorrow morning then. It’s Saturday so everyone will be available,” Yerin turned to Mark, “Pleasure to meet you. Excuse me.”  Yerin disappeared into the smaller office.

“I have a date tomorrow at noon. Before 11 works for me,” Youngni called after. 

“And you’re cleared for the next two days per your request. So, enjoy while you can,” Myunghwa turned to Soomin. “We have a catch-up meeting on Monday.”

Mark stepped forward and handed Youngni the flowers. “Congrats for moving back.”

“More like your apology?” Youngni said.  

Myunghwa nudged Youngni in the waist. “Well thank you. Don’t be a jerk this time.”

“Noted,” Mark smiled, “I’ll make it up to you too.”

The wind chimed rang and they all turned their attention to the person walking through the door. Jungkook held a bouquet of flowers, bursting yellow lilies. Bright and innocent like his smile. Myunghwa pulled the bouquet Mark gave Youngni out of her hands. Youngni shot a confusing glimpse over her shoulder and Myunghwa returned it with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter