2 Love Flows Like Water

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She lost the crowd, but she didn’t lose Jungkook. His fingers brushed her wrist before his full hand got a grip. That didn’t stop her. She yanked her hand freed, but two more steps and she was thrown over his shoulder.

“Let go of me Jeon Jungkook.”

Jungkook clenched his jaw and held tighter. She wasn’t going easy on him. The more she wiggled, the tighter he’d hold. The moment he dropped her down she realized he chosen a spot where she couldn’t escape. A wall on all three sides. Him on the open, blocking the only way to escape. Damn him. At least, he took her away from everyone else. She was thankful. But she couldn’t look at him, so she searched for anything to make contact with beside him.

Jungkook placed his hands on his waist and allowed a moment to catch his breath. She was faster than some criminals he chased. His eyes returned to Youngni. Her eyes were searching for something.

“Are you okay?” he asked. She hadn’t answered him. He heard them talking about her. She drew in deep breaths as she clenched her hands together as it trembled. He didn’t think he made it any better when he presented himself.

She paid him no attention. Sounded like he wasn’t going to get an answer to this question, so he tried another.

“They suspect you’re a murder.”

“What?” Youngni’s eyes rounded with disbelief. They thought she was going to kill her client?

Jungkook smiled. That had her looking at him, but he wasn’t lying. That was the report given to him when he arrived on scene.

“I was on a date with…”

His smile came as fast as his frown. A date?

Youngni decided against sharing her personal information. What she did with her clients was none of his business. Her eyes scanned behind him.

“Please don’t run again. I don’t want to cuff you.” I don’t want you in trouble.

Youngni narrowed her eyes at him. Cuffed her? She hadn’t done anything to deserve cuffing. Not that she minded either. It was a rare experience. Which psycho would go around causing trouble to get their hands cuffed, for real?  He was being extreme.

“Oppa?!”

That voice. Higher pitch than normal. Almost sounded like a whiny teenager. There was no chance she would wait and allow herself in another uncomfortable situation. Like she was the villain snatching the poor girl’s lover. So, when he looked over his shoulder to find the owner of the voice, she ran.

Two steps and he snatched her back. Cold metals cuffed on each of her wrist. “Please cooperate.”

Youngni looked up and saw the faint lines on his forehead. Someone wasn’t enjoying the situation just like her.

“Oppa!?”

 Jungkook let out a small breath before turning around to face his childhood friend. He was distracted, now was probably the best time to run. Please, she couldn’t outrun him. She tried twice and failed. Maybe, the third time might be the charm. That thought alone made her want to try running one more time.

“Oppa, it’s really you.”

“Yein. What are you doing here?”

Youngni kept her eyes on the ground and waited for Yein’s answer. Nothing. The childhood friend didn’t answer. Or did she leave? When Youngni glanced up, she saw nothing but his wide back blockin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter