3 Love Is Unbreakable

Battlefield (2023 Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of all days in June, today was the cloudiest. A dark grey hue on the clouds in the summer heat. Soomin gripped tightly onto the bus holder, her knuckled turned white. Youngni occupied the spot beside her on her way to her date with Shin Hyesung. After they got off the bus stop, Youngni couldn’t help to ask, “You think he might be Mark even though his name is Henry?”

Soomin’s changed of behavior didn’t go unnoticed. They went to high school together. Youngni was aware of Soomin’s character and the sufferable pain Mark put her through. It was to a point Youngni didn’t could barely recognize Soomin. She became a person who doubted her self-worth. She took extreme measure to feel that she was lovable. Seeing her flirting with Bobby was more like the Soomin Youngni knew.

Soomin nodded and she saw the helplessness in Youngni’s eyes. It must be the same feeling she had. Everything she worked so hard for, tumbled down at thought of Mark.

“He’s Henry. Not Mark. Just go enjoy your date,” Youngni encouraged.

Soomin took a breath. Youngni was right. She always enjoyed her date. She shouldn’t let a person of the past ruined her. He didn’t have any right to. Not after what he’d done.

Youngni bid her farewell. Everything forward was for Soomin to handle alone.

Rose Castle. Soomin reminded herself, it was pure coincidental that Henry requested a date at the same exact spot as her first date was with Mark. Her feet weighted more than her body. She had to use more strength to keep her moving. Each step mentally drained her. Each steps brought her memory more vividly.

 

It was bright that early after school evening. The day they went on their first date. She was nervous throughout the school day. But now when the late afternoon arrived, a strong excitement took over. Nothing felt better than when her year-long crush reciprocated her feeling. She scored and won the championship. They were just school mate yesterday.

“You’re being strange today,” Mark laced her hand with Soomin’s as they exit the school campus and gave her one of his playful grins.

Soomin lightly hit Mark’s chest. He all day. Did she really overdo her makeup and hair? She added extra blush and drew the eye liner to accentuate a more attractive stare. She admitted she aimed for the ier look. And her hair, she didn’t do any extra aside from letting it bath longer in conditioner to allow her curl to be a little more shiny and bouncy.

“You’re really not telling me where were going?” Soomin asked.

She spent the whole day trying to extract the information, but Mark was one tight-lip person. Even more so than her. So, she gave up and let him keep his secret all to himself. His mysteriousness made him even more attractive.

The sun beamed at the horizon. Soomin ignored the stares coming from the line of people at the entrance gate which extended down the block. They were the only one in their school uniform.  

Mark tugged her hand and her focus returned to him. “Follow me.”

Her mind wondered somewhere else, and he wasn’t going to accept that she gave her attention elsewhere but him. He made careful plan to ask her out and spent long hours organizing their first date.

 

Mark stood at the garden entrance. The line formed from the ticket booth to the sidewalk. It was busy just like the first time.

 He was doing just fine until the clouds parted and made way for the sun rays drawing his memories back. He scoffed at the ridiculous beating of his heart. The last time he recalled it beating his fast was during his confession. He couldn’t be nervous from meeting a random girl. The numb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter